WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Recover photo from a blocked iphone

parker112

Reaction score
My wife forgot her passcode and got her iPhone Disable. Does anyone know how to recover the photos from the phone? The other problem is she has not backed up her phone, so I just can’t restore and backup from iTunes.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Ok, who do you think she is messing around with? I can read between the lines!

parker112

Reaction score
Seriously I’m trying to recover the photos of my wife’s father’s funeral can somebody please be serious. Asking for help

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
If the phone is locked from to many log ins and not just timed out for a set time period you are out of luck

Brobee

Reaction score
Try an Apple store. The serial number will be attached to you and your account. Hopefully they’ll be able to unlock it for you. In the future I’d suggest downloading the Google Photos app,it saves all your photos off-site and is accessible through your google account from any computer. No storage limit and automatically backs up. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sintax

Reaction score
Not much they can do. Apples stance is "they dont have the ability to do it"

I dont believe thats true, personally, but its their stance and keeps them from having to do it in court case and at the request of cops. I'm afraid your SOL w/o a backup.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
It’s my understanding that if you locked it with too many attempts (10 I think) then that is that.
If you recall, Apple wouldn’t even backdoor those murderers phones in San Bernardino for the FBI.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Does she have iCloud photo stream turned on? You might be able to log in and get it from the cloud account?

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
It’s my understanding that if you locked it with too many attempts (10 I think) then that is that.
If you recall, Apple wouldn’t even backdoor those murderers phones in San Bernardino for the FBI.

Good I don’t need the fbi going through anyone’s phone for shits and giggles.

locked is locked.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Not much they can do. Apples stance is "they dont have the ability to do it"

I dont believe thats true, personally, but its their stance and keeps them from having to do it in court case and at the request of cops. I'm afraid your SOL w/o a backup.

Yep
Apple uses that security as a selling point...they wont compromise it...short of a court order...and I’m not sure they even got that in the Berdo case.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Good I don’t need the fbi going through anyone’s phone for shits and giggles.

locked is locked.

Well...not completely. Lol
Locked is still on, still locating you, still receiving, still “pinging” towers, as long as there is battery life...even powered down.
Watch an Ed Snowden video.

sintax

Reaction score
Yep
Apple uses that security as a selling point...they wont compromise it...short of a court order...and I’m not sure they even got that in the Berdo case.

Nope, they did not, and honestly i'm thankful for that.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Well...not completely. Lol
Locked is still on, still locating you, still receiving, still “pinging” towers, as long as there is battery life...even powered down.
Watch an Ed Snowden video.

Why are you carrying your own phone that is locked out. Hmmmmm

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Why are you carrying your own phone that is locked out. Hmmmmm

Locked is locked.
The phone is locked the same (“sleep mode”) regardless of attempts to unlock it, you just can’t unlock it after 10 tries.
Reset only...then restore from cloud.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Apple changed the software right after to nuke the phone after 10 attempts.

Nope, they did not, and honestly i'm thankful for that.

As I recall the authorities did not max out log in attempts in the Berdo case. They stopped before the phone got nuked and turned to Apple, and got Nowhere.

What all this means is that the OP has no chance of seeing those pics again unless they are saved SOMEWHERE other than the device.

Dana757

Reaction score
Has she bought a new iphone yet? My i phone died and was not backed up. Bought a new one and all my old photos popped up from the cloud. Lost all my texts and that sort of thing but was happy just to get the photos.

Rjt01

Reaction score
Try logging into ur apple account on ur computer. Check back up from cloud ???

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Try logging into ur apple account on ur computer. Check back up from cloud ???

yeah, I don't understand how the photos aren't backed up to iCloud. I can see all my pics on my laptop and new ones show up almost immediately

Rjt01

Reaction score
yeah, I don't understand how the photos aren't backed up to iCloud. I can see all my pics on my laptop and new ones show up almost immediately
Same here , they automatically upload. Thank god as I lost my phone when I was traveling and had a bunch of real important pics that I needed for work lol

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
Yes, I believe others are correct in that Apple says we're "fuck-ed" if we don't purchase a shit ton of cloud storage. I never backed up before trading my 6 plus to 10 last year. kinda miss some of the photos

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
My cloud storage is $2.99 a month I think.

Mine 7 backs up automatically when plugged in, connected to a network, and in sleep mode. That is a setting, not necessarily an automatic occurrence to my knowledge.
When I would go to work on some rigs my phone wouldn’t be auto backed up because of lack of network.
Sitting at home it’s automatic and I have all my pics included.
iPhone users should explore their cloud settings and make sure things they want backed up are selected.
Personally, I kind of miss the old “synch” with Itunes as the backup!
Can you even still do that?
I haven’t tried in years. I know I can still download pics from phone to my Mac with the wire.

WildHorses24

Reaction score
Just went through this with my wife’s phone. There are data recovery guys out there that pull it off your phone, they charge anywhere from $500 to $3000... yes you heard that right!!!! luckily I was able to take hers to an iPhone repair guy, temporarily fix the screen, and get it backed up to the cloud. She had 98k photos[emoji15]

There’s a setting on your iPhones to automatically backup to cloud when it’s charging and has WiFi. You can also select what you want backed up, photos, contacts, texts, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
There’s a setting on your iPhones to automatically backup to cloud when it’s charging and has WiFi. You can also select what you want backed up, photos, contacts, texts, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Exactly

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
If the phone is locked and you cant remember your password, you're out of luck.

If the phone DOES have icloud enabled you can plug the phone into a computer with itunes and RESET the phone back to factory defaults using your icloud username/password. You'll lose everything on the phone though.

If the phone is locked and no icloud, just throw it in the trash its a brick.

I dont understand how you cant remember a 4-6 digit password that you had to type in hundreds of times to use the phone. Or why you dont have touch ID setup, or faceID.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@ka0tyk if she cant remember a simple passcode doubt they know the icloud username/password.

i think they might help you if you have proof of ownership. like the original purchase receipt.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
@ka0tyk if she cant remember a simple passcode doubt they know the icloud username/password.

i think they might help you if you have proof of ownership. like the original purchase receipt.

if you have the iCloud account linked to an email you can do “forgot my password” and reset it. If you can’t remember your email password you probably should just crawl into bed and never get out.

as far as Apple helping you, it ain’t gonna happen. encryption is encryption. Lose the key and you’re stuck.