WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Red light camera tickets- What’s the scoop

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
I always thought you guys invented them.
Couldn't your countrymen find something better to do with their time? ‍
Their the "gift that keeps on giving";) (who says we don't look after our American mates):D

Familyties

Reaction score
I have gotten 2 and beat them both, went before the judges and said it wasn't, me both gave me the wait I'll get back to you later. I waited asked again if it was me I said no dismissed. If you hire one of those ticket beat lawyers for $200.00 they will do the same for you.

Reactions: DWC

nowski

Reaction score
Awe come on dad (DWC) pay at least half the ticket for the kid...

Since your son is a pretty good speaker (former student body president) have him give the best speech of his life and plead his case to the judge. If all else fails have your son negotiate the ticket down to $250 and see if the judge bites on the thought...

DWC

Reaction score
I have gotten 2 and beat them both, went before the judges and said it wasn't, me both gave me the wait I'll get back to you later. I waited asked again if it was me I said no dismissed. If you hire one of those ticket beat lawyers for $200.00 they will do the same for you.

Thank you.

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
I went with 530RL’s advice. We’ll see how it works out. Didn’t want to toss and hope because it’ll just continue to climb in cost.
This is what I would do. Because I got one and tossed it, didn't work out. Put a hold on my DL had to go to court big PITA. Mail it in not with a picture of DL ( let court for the work) say it wasn't him. I heard that they throw it out. No time to investigate.

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
Not that I advocate breaking any laws either, but......

In Arizona you register your car solely in your wife's name and her car solely in your name. If a photo ticket comes, you send a letter with a copy of your drivers license explaining it is clearly not you. They can not force you to testify and/or identify your spouse.

California also has a spousal privilege law so I suspect it works in Ca also but I don't know for sure.

Not much help for your son, but something to consider for the rest of us...... :)

This will work most of the time. Some issuing agencies will do a drivers license address check. Once they find other folks that have a drivers license at the same address, they will check the photos on file to look for a match.

My wife received a camera ticket about five years ago in OC. The car was registered in my name only. I plead not guilty and the judge reviewed the photo. He asked if I would be willing to ID the person in the pic and I declined. Just took some time out of my day and it was over.

BONER

Reaction score
CA might be different, but we don't pay that shit out here in AZ, unless it's from Scottsdale. Scottsdale will serve your ass at your doorstep...

c_land

Reaction score
CA might be different, but we don't pay that shit out here in AZ, unless it's from Scottsdale. Scottsdale will serve your ass at your doorstep...

I just got one of these driving awards from City of Scottsdale...... I am still in CA. I'll update here if they serve us at my CA address.

Jimmyv

Reaction score
Funny you bring this up, I just got a notice from the San Francisco Bay transit authority last week. I live in So Cal and started to throw it into the junk mail pile, but decided to open it.

It was a toll and fine for failing to pay using one of the bridges. Picture is the front plate of a (silver I think) Honda Accord with a completely different sequence of license plate numbers.

The ticket is for my 20 year old desert prerunner truck (doesn’t even have a front plate). Spent an hour on the phone trying to get someone to acknowledge the mistake. Glad I didn’t throw it away, but give me a break.

FYI, West Covina is near me and well know for lots of these red light cameras. They will get you for crossing the white ‘limit’ line too. Real stops, behind the line, life lessons. 👍

DLC

Reaction score
If you get him out if this little jam sounds like he needs to get dad some 9mil ammo! Ya know for your troubles....

lol

El Chingon

Reaction score
FYI, West Covina is near me and well know for lots of these red light cameras. They will get you for crossing the white ‘limit’ line too. Real stops, behind the line, life lessons. 👍

I got one of those Red light camera tickets in West Covina. Just like you said crossing the white limit line. My neighbor LEO told me once I got that ticket in the mail not to click on the website link it tells you to go to, you would then "admit guilt". Been years, no hold up on registration or license.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
I guess this could be a positive case for wearing a mask while driving in your car by yourself. About the only one I can think of though.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Car is in your name and he’s was driving it? This is a great opportunity to learn about American system of justice and how it’s the opposite of Australia (apparently).

How it is INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty.. and one should not incriminate themselves, which is the basis for the fifth. Etc.. and how one should NEVER talk to the police when they are conducting an investigation under any circumstance especially without legal council. Just keep your mouth shut.

I am sure the cops on here won’t like that last bit, but it is what it is..

Sherpa

Reaction score
all the bay area bridges now are mailing "toll violations" to anyone who passes through a toll booth that does not have a FAST TRAC device in their vehicle...... it's no biggie...... the fee is the same if you paid the lackey in the booth.........
And there's so far a huge benefit to no flunkie in the toll booth!! towing a tandem axle boat trailer the fee goes from $6 bucks, to $21 bucks..!

except so far they haven't figured out (or don't know about it) how to properly charge for towing...... it's a WIN WIN so far for towing!

AAAAAnd I just heard another thing that **should save the state money....... some of the bridges now will not retain the toll takers.......... the system is
going automatic since it actually works good....... rental cars probably not too good....... (in texas they push paying a fee (like $20/day) additional to
cover for the toll roads there........ 20 bucks a day adds up fricken quick ontop of all the other damn fees..... we decline it, and pay attention to what
roads we driving on

Sherpa

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
These tickets can be beat but it will cost you more time and money than if you just man up and take your licks. Pay fine and take traffic school to avoid increase in insurance.

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
Car is in your name and he’s was driving it? This is a great opportunity to learn about American system of justice and how it’s the opposite of Australia (apparently).

How it is INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty.. and one should not incriminate themselves, which is the basis for the fifth. Etc.. and how one should NEVER talk to the police when they are conducting an investigation under any circumstance especially without legal council. Just keep your mouth shut.

I am sure the cops on here won’t like that last bit, but it is what it is..

This is exactly what I did when my wife received a red light ticket in a car registered to me. I don't have any issue with folks exercising their constitutional rights:

This will work most of the time. Some issuing agencies will do a drivers license address check. Once they find other folks that have a drivers license at the same address, they will check the photos on file to look for a match.

My wife received a camera ticket about five years ago in OC. The car was registered in my name only. I plead not guilty and the judge reviewed the photo. He asked if I would be willing to ID the person in the pic and I declined. Just took some time out of my day and it was over.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
This is exactly what I did when my wife received a red light ticket in a car registered to me. I don't have any issue with folks exercising their constitutional rights:

Well fucking played.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I got one about 10 years ago in surprise or el mirage here in AZ. Tossed it and never heard another thing about it.

Wife got one in Phoenix about two years ago. Tossed it and never heard another thing.

Not suggesting this but that was my experience. 530s advice sounds like the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilbachman

Reaction score
Don't pay it or even reply. A police officer has to issue and identify the driver who committed the violation. In your case, this did not occur. Ignore it.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Don't pay it or even reply. A police officer has to issue and identify the driver who committed the violation. In your case, this did not occur. Ignore it.
Yep, I paid the 1st one I ever got and ignored the 2nd ticket, years later. Just don't pay it.