Ticket Clinic bad idea ?

- Let’s Go Brandon

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
How much do these tix cost ?
Ticket Clinic bad idea ?

- Let’s Go Brandon
They are expensive.

Is the pic of the registered owner? If not, you will win the case in court.

I have beat one that way. I used a OC ticket attorney on two others to get the charge reduced so it wouldn’t count as a point on my son’s and spouse’s driving record.

Most of the red light camera attorneys will give you a free consultation.

Was it the light at Los Al and Katella?

Spectra18

Reaction score
They are expensive.

Is the pic of the registered owner? If not, you will win the case in court.

I have beat one that way. I used a OC ticket attorney on two others to get the charge reduced so it wouldn’t count as a point on my son’s and spouse’s driving record.

Most of the red light camera attorneys will give you a free consultation.

Was it the light at Los Al and Katella?
Intersection dumb fuck hesitated in front of me on the intersection ended up leaving the turn lane and going right to go straight 🤷🏻‍♂️

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
Last time I checked TicketClinic would not even take a traffic camera case. I was told if the photo they mailed is clear just eat it and take traffic school.
It is such a revenue generator for the city they can't afford to make mistakes and ALWAYS fight.

gqchris

Reaction score
They still running the camera at that intersection? I thought they banned that shit years ago?

HBCraig

Reaction score
What happened to owning your mistakes it preached here all the time. You made a mistake own it
The guy in front of him made the mistake. ;)

They still running the camera at that intersection? I thought they banned that shit years ago?
I also thought they took those out as well. Nobody pays them if the pic is crappy

boatpi

Reaction score
They need a photo of the driver, you cannot give a citation to a car Hass to be to a driver.

caribbean20

Reaction score
Whatever happened to due process and proper service? Don’t know specifics of CA law but in most jurisdictions, if you have not been properly served, i.e., an officer handed you the citation, you have not been served. Have you in any way shape or manner acknowledged receipt?

Who says you ever received this alleged violation. If it’s me, that piece of paper hits the circular file and I never received it. I hate those robo revenue generators and will fight tooth and nail to make sure whomever alleges the violation goes through all proper steps and that includes proper service.

Tank

Reaction score
The problem is the city / county shortens the yellow and now you have a lot of rear end accidents . These cameras are pure evil .
State law dictates yellow phase timing based on approach speed / speed limits. Cities can’t mess with the phase timing. When they have in the past (usually because they were lazy and didn’t confirm via traffic and engineering survey) they would / do get spanked.

Red light tickets are alive and well in the state of California. Redflex industries based out of Arizona monopolizes the market. They do reduce collisions at intersections and they do make cities a shit ton of money.

But to the OP question -

In Ventura county a red light ticket can be up to $800. California Base fine for red light ticket is only $100. But counties tack on assessment, court and penalty fees for EVERYTHING. Basically tax you. It’s straight up highway robbery.

So you’re looking at up to an $800 (but usually like $400ish) fine depending on previous tickets and assessment BS, traffic school fee if you’re eligible or a point on your record if you’re not. It’s pretty fucked.

There are a few ways to potentially beat it and you don’t necessarily need a lawyer. And there are some specific requirements to cite like mentioned registered owner has to match up to driver most of the time.

Good luck man.

Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
My son got one in his car that’s registered to us. I could prove it wasn’t me because i wasn’t in town. Couldn’t get out of the ticket without saying who was driving my car. The ticket tripled before i paid it. 🤷‍♂️

Tank

Reaction score
Whatever happened to due process and proper service? Don’t know specifics of CA law but in most jurisdictions, if you have not been properly served, i.e., an officer handed you the citation, you have not been served. Have you in any way shape or manner acknowledged receipt?

Who says you ever received this alleged violation. If it’s me, that piece of paper hits the circular file and I never received it. I hate those robo revenue generators and will fight tooth and nail to make sure whomever alleges the violation goes through all proper steps and that includes proper service.
There a loophole in the law where the fine is attached (and usually increased for failure to pay) on your next registration. Then when you try to fight the increase in fee the DMV will make you go to court to address it. Eventually, it catches up to you.

Tank

Reaction score
My son got one in his car that’s registered to us. I could prove it wasn’t me because i wasn’t in town. Couldn’t get out of the ticket without saying who was driving my car. The ticket tripled before i paid it. 🤷‍♂️
Many courts catch you in this but it’s Kindve a trick. You cannot be forced in court to say who was driving. You could simply state you do not recognize the driver, you were out of town and possibly one of your sons friends was driving it. If the judge wants to be an ass (and I’ve seen them use this) there is a vehicle code section that states you have to ensure a driver is licensed before driving your car. So technically by not knowing who drove your car you violate the vehicle code section. But I think you have to really piss the court off to have them use this one. 😁

DWC

Reaction score
Many courts catch you in this but it’s Kindve a trick. You cannot be forced in court to say who was driving. You could simply state you do not recognize the driver, you were out of town and possibly one of your sons friends was driving it. If the judge wants to be an ass (and I’ve seen them use this) there is a vehicle code section that states you have to ensure a driver is licensed before driving your car. So technically by not knowing who drove your car you violate the vehicle code section.
Yeah, i flinched. I got caught in a game of chicken and tapped. I could absolutely prove i wasn’t driving. They didn’t take any explanation i tried.

Tank

Reaction score
Yeah, i flinched. I got caught in a game of chicken and tapped. I could absolutely prove i wasn’t driving. They didn’t take any explanation i tried.
Well now you know 😁👍

Reactions: DWC

Ultra912

Reaction score
In my area, which no longer employs red light cameras, the best way to deal with it if it was in fact you was to go to court and plead guilty with an explanation, they would reduce the fine from 550.00 to 225.00 and let you go to traffic school. I actually like these cameras due to the fact that running red lights is now like in the old days of accelerating through yellow lights. My wife, me and my son as well as everyone I know have almost been t-boned. I look both ways when my light turns green. EVERYONE is running red lights now as if they are yellow. Lot's of deaths from it in my city.
One other piece of info. Reflex Industries gets the first 10K per signal each day. The city doesn't pay for the equipment/cameras etc. Some intersections generate over 100K each day with 4 direction intersections.

Last edited:

BingerFang

Reaction score
I used ticket ninja and got out of mine…. Was worth the money imo.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
My mom got one a few years ago in Santa Ana.
It’s was over $500

Taboma

Reaction score
I wish they'd be far more vigilant about ticketing Red Light offenders, I don't care if it does include cameras. It's gotten fucking nuts and if you don't race the yellow, then you'll probably get ass-ended by the ass-clown behind you who's already got pedal to the metal assuming you're going for it.
Then if you've got a fresh yellow and go, gaze in your rearview and notice not just the guy behind you followed, but two others after him.
And that's going straight, forget left hand turners, they'll just keep going and going and going.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
State law dictates yellow phase timing based on approach speed / speed limits. Cities can’t mess with the phase timing. When they have in the past (usually because they were lazy and didn’t confirm via traffic and engineering survey) they would / do get spanked.

Red light tickets are alive and well in the state of California. Redflex industries based out of Arizona monopolizes the market. They do reduce collisions at intersections and they do make cities a shit ton of money.

But to the OP question -

In Ventura county a red light ticket can be up to $800. California Base fine for red light ticket is only $100. But counties tack on assessment, court and penalty fees for EVERYTHING. Basically tax you. It’s straight up highway robbery.

So you’re looking at up to an $800 (but usually like $400ish) fine depending on previous tickets and assessment BS, traffic school fee if you’re eligible or a point on your record if you’re not. It’s pretty fucked.

There are a few ways to potentially beat it and you don’t necessarily need a lawyer. And there are some specific requirements to cite like mentioned registered owner has to match up to driver most of the time.

Good luck man.
My city had one on a busy intersection that notoriously was being red light run. Plenty of congestion caused by the surroundings including RR crossing.
Yes, they caught many & mailed tickets. But, the cameras then caused a whole new issue. Rear end accidents became a daily occurrence.
Ultimately they removed those cameras as they became more a hazard than the red light crossers. I don't know the stats but I'd venture to guess the majority of the camera tickets were issued because of gridlock.

Tank

Reaction score
My city had one on a busy intersection that notoriously was being red light run. Plenty of congestion caused by the surroundings including RR crossing.
Yes, they caught many & mailed tickets. But, the cameras then caused a whole new issue. Rear end accidents became a daily occurrence.
Ultimately they removed those cameras as they became more a hazard than the red light crossers. I don't know the stats but I'd venture to guess the majority of the camera tickets were issued because of gridlock.
Usually when a new automated camera is installed at an intersection for red light citations, studies have shown there is a spike in rear end collisions. However, as time moves on and the vast majority of people that travel through the intersection familiarize themselves with the fact the camera is there, the rear end collisions reduce. It is considered an acceptable side affect due to the fact that right angle collisions (T-bone at intersection by red light runners) are one of the most deadly types of collisions, while rear end collisions routinely do not cause fatalities, especially in densely populated traffic thoroughfares.

Intersections are selected routinely based on number of collisions and the primary collision factor for those collisions. Cities will take their statistics on collisions, pick the top intersections that have collisions, review which direction is the most common for those collisions (red light cameras only focus on one directions, not the whole intersection, unless multiple cameras are in place, which is super rare) and then install the cameras.

The cameras have always been and still are very controversial due to their "big brother" feel and the fact the fines are a bit extreme but the counties feel it's justifiable because again, right angle / red light violation / collisions are high likely-hood of becoming a fatality.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Usually when a new automated camera is installed at an intersection for red light citations, studies have shown there is a spike in rear end collisions. However, as time moves on and the vast majority of people that travel through the intersection familiarize themselves with the fact the camera is there, the rear end collisions reduce. It is considered an acceptable side affect due to the fact that right angle collisions (T-bone at intersection by red light runners) are one of the most deadly types of collisions, while rear end collisions routinely do not cause fatalities, especially in densely populated traffic thoroughfares.

Intersections are selected routinely based on number of collisions and the primary collision factor for those collisions. Cities will take their statistics on collisions, pick the top intersections that have collisions, review which direction is the most common for those collisions (red light cameras only focus on one directions, not the whole intersection, unless multiple cameras are in place, which is super rare) and then install the cameras.

The cameras have always been and still are very controversial due to their "big brother" feel and the fact the fines are a bit extreme but the counties feel it's justifiable because again, right angle / red light violation / collisions are high likely-hood of becoming a fatality.

They had them in Upland for awhile at a few busy intersections and pulled all of them just a few years later.

Tank

Reaction score
They had them in Upland for awhile at a few busy intersections and pulled all of them just a few years later.
Yeah, a lot of cities listen to outcry from their citizens disapproval and yank them. Some cities get caught not doing their due diligence and get sued for phase timing being short or systems not being set up appropriately or speed limits for the streets not being correct or engineering and traffic survey's being expired or non existent, etc. opening themselves up to lawsuits and find it's just too much of a hassle to deal with. 🤷‍♂️

badgas

Reaction score
I got one in Los Alamitos too, Katella and Los Al Blvd, $375ish. Bit the bullet paid it and did traffic school
Same

I got popped by that camera as well and did traffic school. Sort an odd deal. I stopped as fire truck it up was coming by to be honest I was not sure if I was hanging out a bit so I just went thru when clear. The photo showed I was not in the intersection before the red.

Many years ago I got one by the Cerritos mall making a right turn. I had stopped and then turned when it was safe, It was a legal turn. I was told that camera was a private scam and would not report to the City/Police so I tossed it in the shredder and never heard a thing.

SOO many people run red ligths today I wish they had cameras at every intersection in California. 95% of time someone is running the red it has just become so normal these ass hats think the light is just reference. Stop signs are even worse they just hammer on thru like the sign is not even there.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of cities listen to outcry from their citizens disapproval and yank them. Some cities get caught not doing their due diligence and get sued for phase timing being short or systems not being set up appropriately or speed limits for the streets not being correct or engineering and traffic survey's being expired or non existent, etc. opening themselves up to lawsuits and find it's just too much of a hassle to deal with. 🤷‍♂️

I believe that is what happened in Upland.

Taboma

Reaction score
One thing I'm finding extremely frustrating are some of the signal lights being either aimed wrong, or lumen challenged, but extremely hard to see on a sunny day. There's a couple of local intersections I can only detect a faint glow unless I'm part way through the intersection, then all of a sudden it's bright. In fact while waiting at the light, I must watch the light for the adjacent lane, as that one is bright, yet the one in front of me is barely visible.

It's a major intersection, so you'd think LEOs or Cal Trans would notice. 🤔

Tank

Reaction score
One thing I'm finding extremely frustrating are some of the signal lights being either aimed wrong, or lumen challenged, but extremely hard to see on a sunny day. There's a couple of local intersections I can only detect a faint glow unless I'm part way through the intersection, then all of a sudden it's bright. In fact while waiting at the light, I must watch the light for the adjacent lane, as that one is bright, yet the one in front of me is barely visible.

It's a major intersection, so you'd think LEOs or Cal Trans would notice. 🤔
Cal Trans does not deal with city street maintenance or care for the most part, especially traffic signals unless its at a freeway off ramp.

Best thing to do to get that addressed is contact the local Police Dept. traffic enforcement department and the traffic and engineering office of the city you're in. Send an email, give them a call, whatever works to get in touch. Most signals are now LED and required to be aimed properly. Although, sometimes depending on how the intersection is built, lights are sometimes purposefully turned to not confuse other lanes of travel. Such as if there's a roadway entering the intersection on a slight angle instead of a 90 degree. Or there is a merge lane controlled by a stand alone traffic light. Or it's a heavy flow intersection and there is a problem with left turn traffic proceeding on a red arrow, when the through traffic has a green, etc.

however, if you're talking just a basic 4 way intersection with traffic lights that are difficult to view, contact the local Police Dept.'s traffic enforcement and/or the cities traffic and engineering.

Taboma

Reaction score
Cal Trans does not deal with city street maintenance or care for the most part, especially traffic signals unless its at a freeway off ramp.

Best thing to do to get that addressed is contact the local Police Dept. traffic enforcement department and the traffic and engineering office of the city you're in. Send an email, give them a call, whatever works to get in touch. Most signals are now LED and required to be aimed properly. Although, sometimes depending on how the intersection is built, lights are sometimes purposefully turned to not confuse other lanes of travel. Such as if there's a roadway entering the intersection on a slight angle instead of a 90 degree. Or there is a merge lane controlled by a stand alone traffic light. Or it's a heavy flow intersection and there is a problem with left turn traffic proceeding on a red arrow, when the through traffic has a green, etc.

however, if you're talking just a basic 4 way intersection with traffic lights that are difficult to view, contact the local Police Dept.'s traffic enforcement and/or the cities traffic and engineering.
Oh, you make it sound so easy 🤣
It's like asking that nice young man at Home Depot where a part or tool is, so simple, then after three laps around the store you're trying to find his damned kill switch and horribly regretting asking your simple question. This made worse by the " I told you not to ask" look on your wife's beautiful " All knowing" face. 🥴

Nope, I already told my wife, if I get creamed and die at that intersection, take pics of the lights and sue the city for every dime in it's coffers. 😉

Tank

Reaction score
Oh, you make it sound so easy 🤣
It's like asking that nice young man at Home Depot where a part or tool is, so simple, then after three laps around the store you're trying to find his damned kill switch and horribly regretting asking your simple question. This made worse by the " I told you not to ask" look on your wife's beautiful " All knowing" face. 🥴

Nope, I already told my wife, if I get creamed and die at that intersection, take pics of the lights and sue the city for every dime in it's coffers. 😉
LOL. I mean, an email isn't to difficult. 😂😂

Taboma

Reaction score
LOL. I mean, an email isn't to difficult. 😂😂
Sure, that's how it all begins, don't shit me.
I've spent entire afternoons trying to find of a "Green" way to recycle a product and it's one Glad Handing link after another, each jacking you off with the good news, until they finally admit, it's only a 30 mile drive, then a fee of more than you paid for it. Eventually you lose your mind and sawzall the damned thing into a lump of unrecognizable crap and chuck it in the big grey can and sleep great that night, knowing you tried.

You know who designs traffic patterns, decides there should be islands that now isolate businesses forcing people to make U-turns in the middle of four lane streets ? Those same people who misalign traffic lights, so they can hear the squeal of brakes and smashing of metal.

Evil fucking civil servants, that's who. They're stuck in a nowhere job and can only find joy in torturing those of us they're paid to serve.
I just know they sit up on a hill with binoculars watching and pleasuring themselves watching frustrated drivers pound their steering wheels and knowing they'll head home to kick the dog.

And you suggest " An email isn't to difficult" Either was writing this reply, but at least I enjoyed the shit out of this. 🤣 Whew, thanks I need that, now back to vacuuming, I'm retired ya know. ☺️

OK, I'll let ya know how it goes ;)

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Sure, that's how it all begins, don't shit me.
I've spent entire afternoons trying to find of a "Green" way to recycle a product and it's one Glad Handing link after another, each jacking you off with the good news, until they finally admit, it's only a 30 mile drive, then a fee of more than you paid for it. Eventually you lose your mind and sawzall the damned thing into a lump of unrecognizable crap and chuck it in the big grey can and sleep great that night, knowing you tried.

You know who designs traffic patterns, decides there should be islands that now isolate businesses forcing people to make U-turns in the middle of four lane streets ? Those same people who misalign traffic lights, so they can hear the squeal of brakes and smashing of metal.

Evil fucking civil servants, that's who. They're stuck in a nowhere job and can only find joy in torturing those of us they're paid to serve.
I just know they sit up on a hill with binoculars watching and pleasuring themselves watching frustrated drivers pound their steering wheels and knowing they'll head home to kick the dog.

And you suggest " An email isn't to difficult" Either was writing this reply, but at least I enjoyed the shit out of this. 🤣 Whew, thanks I need that, now back to vacuuming, I'm retired ya know. ☺️

OK, I'll let ya know how it goes ;)
And we are breathing.... and we are breathing..... and we are breathing

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
Don't roll over and pay/traffic school it. I can't speak for other states but in Orange County CA, you have a chance of getting it straight dismissed if the pic is NOT the registered owner or a ticket attorney in OC will negotiate with Los Al and possibly get it reduced to a charge that won't cost you a point on your driving record.

If the picture is of someone who is NOT the registered owner, plead NG and go to traffic court. The judge will view the pic and dismiss the case. Some judges will ask if you know the person in the pic. You have ZERO obligligation legally to ID that other person and the judge can't force you to do it.

I have used The Law Office of Scott Ball - 714-547-7500. He is in HB and you can do everything by phone.

Tank

Reaction score
In traffic planning, or exercising your fingers taking delight in their crafty handy work ? :rolleyes:
Ummmm neither. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just trying to shed light from personal experience to hopefully help some navigate through the (obvious) frustrations of it all. And to clarify some misnomers about it all. I was involved with one of redflexs first major contract cities when they were first starting in 2002.

Spectra18

Reaction score
Now I got bad Info. Was told to ignore it. Tell them “ I didn’t get the mail “

With all these riots my ass gets nicked

Taboma

Reaction score
Ummmm neither. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just trying to shed light from personal experience to hopefully help some navigate through the (obvious) frustrations of it all. And to clarify some misnomers about it all. I was involved with one of redflexs first major contract cities when they were first starting in 2002.
Appreciate it and no worries, I learned a very long time ago, none of these hills are worth dying on. I was just breaking up my mundane morning pushing the vac around. 😁
I can send Owen, the assistant City Engineer, a few snips from Google street view, where it's obvious even in their camera view. Or I can have my wife take some next time I'm driving that way. Since I can see the problem in google from three years ago, I'm guessing it's intentional ??
The now retired city manager and I used to exchange emails on occasion, I miss him, which is not something I ever thought I'd say about an attorney. ;)

Spectra18

Reaction score

Should I say “ I didn’t get the letter ?”