WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Refi questions

Dettom

Reaction score
Is there someone on the boards I can reach out to who can give the straight skinny on the length of time it takes to complete a cash out refi here in Havasu? I’m over 100 days into a refi with a company, not in Arizona, and still no close date in sight. Wonder if I’m being scammed.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Is there someone on the boards I can reach out to who can give the straight skinny on the length of time it takes to complete a cash out refi here in Havasu? I’m over 100 days into a refi with a company, not in Arizona, and still no close date in sight. Wonder if I’m being scammed.
@Wendi does loans in AZ. And advertises on RDP for Academy Mortgage.
@Wendi

Last edited:

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
I did a cash out refi last year in PHX and it took less than 2 weeks, including scheduling the complete lunatic crook of an appraisal. 100 days is crazy long unless you have some current mortgage/title/lien issues.

Springfield

Reaction score
I dont think anyone can give you an honest answer to your question. Lenders vary on volume and depends if they are geared for that. Buddy refied last year with an internet co. and took 4 months. Wendi did a refi for a friend of mine recently and think it was 30 days, and she provides communication whereas most lenders is un heard of. Hang in there it is a time process.

TrojanDan

Reaction score
I called Chad Hansen at Mohave Mortgage (in Havasu) on March 4th after my first lender was already over 30 days closing on my cash out Refi. I signed my closing docs this past Friday, March 12th. Just 8 days later. My appraisal was waived so that is important. I would highly recommend Chad.

Springfield

Reaction score
I called Chad Hansen at Mohave Mortgage (in Havasu) on March 4th after my first lender was already over 30 days closing on my cash out Refi. I signed my closing docs this past Friday, March 12th. Just 8 days later. My appraisal was waived so that is important. I would highly recommend Chad.
The appraisal being waived was a huge factor in saving time, I think the local appraisers are backed up 30+ days.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Only issue with Havasu is appraisals take 4-6 weeks turn time. I am a little over 30 days into my refinance in Havasu and closing this week. Over 100 days is wack and hopefully your rate was locked because in the last 4 weeks rates have gone up significantly. Probably not a scam, some places like Altura Credit Union have been quoting 5 month turn times.

I would be on the phone Monday, demanding answers and I would definitely be asking for a redisclosure of your Loan Estimate, now that rates have gone up.

Feel free to reach out and I would be happy to help answer any questions.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Wendi

Reaction score
30 days or less

Dettom

Reaction score
30 days or less
Only issue with Havasu is appraisals take 4-6 weeks turn time. I am a little over 30 days into my refinance in Havasu and closing this week. Over 100 days is wack and hopefully your rate was locked because in the last 4 weeks rates have gone up significantly. Probably not a scam, some places like Altura Credit Union have been quoting 5 month turn times.

I would be on the phone Monday, demanding answers and I would definitely be asking for a redisclosure of your Loan Estimate, now that rates have gone up.

Feel free to reach out and I would be happy to help answer any questions.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
i have a very current appraisal, very thorough, very comprehensive and it was done at the request of the company we signed with in December. Our rate is locked in at 2.875, and we were told when we started this process (11/4/2020) it could take as long as ninety days. I’m actually over 130 days, with empty promises etc. I don’t know if I have to pay for yet another appraisal while these people drag their feet.

REVENGE 97

Reaction score
I did a refi with Quicken / Rocket Mortgage Co., strange how it worked out I got a cold call and the guy said he could refi my home and close in 15 days. At that time I had a 10% interest rate because I had to find a cash lender quick, my credit score was to low from not having any loans or credit cards because I like to pay cash for everything. This guy fixed me up with a 3.85% interest rate on a 15 year loan and closed in 16 days, this was 3 years ago and I'm still happy with my rate and I don't want to start the cycle over or add to the cost of my loan amount but the rates right now make you think!