WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Refurbishing the flat bed

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Dry rot set in so time for a deck change out and a paint job:
IMG_1954.jpg IMG_1953.jpg

I used the excellent Killz primer and Behr deck coating.
The hard part is removing the old fasteners. Sometimes best to just grind and cut them off.

IMG_1955.jpg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
It won't be remove old wood planks and replace.
Lots of blind welds had to be ground and stubborn #12 self tapping screws removed. Then sand blasting primer and paint. Then replace the planks then more new keeper metal cut and welding.

IMG_1958.jpg

Meaney77

Reaction score
How does the deck coating hold up??

I am in the process of getting my enclosed trailer ready for desert season. I purchased a 25' section of rubber flooring which I installed but was thinking about putting a coating of some sort on the ramp door. I was looking at this but also looked at the Raptor Liner. Just wanted something that would protect the wood and also have some texture so I or the kids dont slip and fall when the door is down.

Reactions: TPC

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
How does the deck coating hold up??

I am in the process of getting my enclosed trailer ready for desert season. I purchased a 25' section of rubber flooring which I installed but was thinking about putting a coating of some sort on the ramp door. I was looking at this but also looked at the Raptor Liner. Just wanted something that would protect the wood and also have some texture so I or the kids dont slip and fall when the door is down.

Good stuff but a good primer is essential first.
The primer bites into the wood and into the deck coating for a good grip.
Lumber yard wood was $380.
Commercial truck trailer grade wood would have been $5000.
Painting both sides is essential. I can't stress that enough.
Even though the store mixes the hell outta the paint the grip media settles fast so get the Harbor Freight $3 mix deslio ya put on your drill and give it a good stir each pour.
The texture rollers suck I used good thicker nap rollers instead.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
IMG_2003.jpg
Finished.
If you've never been to Industrial Metal Supply in Sun Valley Ca. and you like metal projects you're missing out.
It's a Disneyland of metal working materials and stuff.
Good prices, helpful people.
One of my favorite places in the world.

o.jpg