WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Reggie Fountain - King of Offshore

attitude

Reaction score
Old video, and probably a repost, but pretty cool history. Lots of footage of Parker.

Hopefully it keeps you all entertained in these weird times.

I watched that a couple weeks ago, awesome video!

Wedgy

Reaction score
Me too! Love the Offshore boats. The Dragboat races at Crown Point during ThunderBoats/BayFair on Misson Bay would run a Drag Class for the Offshores. Starts were highly amusing. Fun times grunting for the Event. Got in lots of trouble from the Administrangulation for my Students working the Event. They loved it!

Last edited:

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Old video, and probably a repost, but pretty cool history. Lots of footage of Parker.

Hopefully it keeps you all entertained in these weird times.

Great video, thanks for posting 👍

Havazoo

Reaction score
Awesome, Awesome video. I don't know how anyone couldn't inspired after watching this. Reggie is an American Success Story, should be watched by every young man out there, of course young ladies too. Kind'a makes Ford vs Ferrari look a silly don't it, ok stupid....

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
THANKS,Just glad thread opened to a video.Expected possible Reggie passing.Met him years ago Ventura Popra off shore race.Reggie walked the talk in a positive way. 👍

boatnam2

Reaction score
We got the fastest non-cartel backed boat! classic.

pixrthis

Reaction score
Watching the 38 Fountain smoke everybody in Factory 2 in the 90’s made me a fan of the boat. A friend who raced a lot of different v bottoms drove the boat for a season said it was the best handling v bottom he ever raced and told us how much help they got from the factory which made me a fan of the brand.

Last edited:

HPBoats83

Reaction score
Watched it last night, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spectras only

Reaction score
Watching the 38 Fountain smoke everybody in Factory 2 in the 90’s made me a fan of the boat. A friend who raced a lot of different v bottoms drove the boat for a season said it was the best handling v bottom he ever raced and told us how much help they got from the factory which made me a fan of the brand.
This was my all time favourite Fountain model .
38 Fountain
1584978006279.png

Maestro

Reaction score
Just finished watching this. Definitely glad I did. Reggie was definitely an American success story. Love the boats just can't afford one.

707dog

Reaction score
very cool video i prefer the docs like this over the b list actors butchering a story

707dog

Reaction score
VERY seldom I agree with you, just this time & probably never again, I agree with you 100% 🤣
you just keep the back beer fridge full and keep your social distancing while im pillaging the fridge...🤗

Last edited:

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Great video. Some of it is a little over stated as they brought a full on race boat to a poker run and bragged about beating all the open cockpit pleasure boats. Still a dam fast v hull though. I love fountains, I just wish the would update some of their styling like the dash and throttles etc.

Taboma

Reaction score
For some reason I'd always figured Reggie was just a gold chain wearing, flamboyant " Cal Worthington" boat builder salesman. Despite being around back in the day and following offshore, marathon and drag boat racing, I'd overlooked his early boat racing accomplishments. I found the video extremely enlightening and truly enjoyed it. 👍 👍

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back in the day I wanted a 29 with twin big blocks. Great video, thanks for sharing!

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
you just keep the back beer fridge full and keep your social distancing while im pillaging the fridge...🤗

U youngsters r supposed to respect your elders. Maybe u could buy the beer with all the overtime u r workin.......

HPBoats83

Reaction score
Photoglou had a bad ass 42 that hauled ass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Just finished watching. Very cool documentary. Man, the "Cat Killer" boat really runs strong.

d4l

Reaction score
Love The Fountains, friends 42 is the smothest ride around here, cuts waves like nothing! Im tempted to look for a 29 fever when time comes for an upgrade[emoji39]

The new 47 looks just amazing[emoji7]

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk