WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Remembering Campbell Carl.

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
3 years ago today we lost one of the best guys i ever met on here. Today, if you find yourself with a free moment, raise your glass and cheers one of the coolest people that ever graced this world.

Cheers Carl! You are missed, but never forgotten.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
IMG_1338.jpg

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I literally can’t keep my eyes from watering every time I think about him. He was a good friend and wonderful human being. I truly miss him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Well TBI said it best in my siggy

Miss him and think of him often
OD 1 summed it up

rivergames

Reaction score
I've know Carl the longest out of any other board members over the years.

I'd go over to his house and have some beers in his garage.... Hang at V-Drive Shows. Hang at the river. Hang at races.

CC was a great friend to have and is dearly missed.

Hope the CL's are ice cold and NEVER get warm up there CC!

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
I've know Carl the longest out of any other board members over the years.

I'd go over to his house and have some beers in his garage.... Hang at V-Drive Shows. Hang at the river. Hang at races.

CC was a great friend to have and is dearly missed.

Hope the CL's are ice cold and NEVER get warm up there CC!

Well said as well..the two of us had amazing trips together just a great guy and wealth of knowledge of lake Mohave and this hobby of all of us on RDP ....Boating

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Miss all the talks about lake Mohave we had. I wish i wouldn’t have missed that lunch date. Still kind of bothers me.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I do miss Carl.

Whatever happened the the guy that bought his boat?

D19

Reaction score
Carl was a cool dude! My grandma and him were both in the same hospital at the same time. I still remember the day he passed when I peddled my bike down to beach and had a couple beers while watching the sunset, thinking about life and stuff.

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Carl was a cool dude! My grandma and him were both in the same hospital at the same time. I still remember the day he passed when I peddled my bike down to beach and had a couple beers while watching the sunset, thinking about life and stuff.

You and and couple other peeps

Reactions: D19

milkmoney

Reaction score
I think of my/ our friend often. One class act .....I still have his name and number in my phone and a couple pics , I just cant delete them..

Godspeed Carl and see you on the other side ( boater heaven )

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I think of my/ our friend often. One class act .....I still have his name and number in my phone and a couple pics , I just cant delete them..

Godspeed Carl and see you on the other side ( boater heaven )

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yep. Same here. One of the most likeable people I've ever met on this board. Will always wish I could have known him better.

It's hard to believe it's been three years already. Hope to see him on the flip side someday...

bagged97taco

Reaction score
Still remember the first billy b show when I met Carl. I had my first Moho on my first trip ever and got the pleasure of camping next to him. He showed me what to do with everything on that rig. We shared many cocktails that weekend and even more stories. He was a stand up guy. Miss his contagious laugh

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Ill go with that Booby.

IMA raise me a Jack and Coke tonight, too.

3 years ago today we lost one of the best guys i ever met on here. Today, if you find yourself with a free moment, raise your glass and cheers one of the coolest people that ever graced this world.

Cheers Carl! You are missed, but never forgotten.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Very cool of all of you to pay respect to your friend Carl, I never met him but can understand a loss of a friend, when I think of my buddy that passed in 04 I smile of the great friendship, as I’m sure you guys have a smile when remembering the great times spent together.

RIP Carl and God’s Blessings to you.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Drew bought it. I’m not sure if he still has it or not? For so,e reason I think he sold it last season
If hes talking about the red 210 yes, Drew sold it last season and is going on to something bigger.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
He was an original and like everyone on here that knew him well knew what an outstanding guy he really was. I do miss him and actually think of him often. When my older son was born he gave us a book he as read to when he was a kid that was one of his favorites, I hope that my boys like it as much as he did.

So every year at Billdo's "Friendsgiving" party Bill would always have the blazer that CC gave one year in the white elephant gift. He and I would pour two fingers of Jack and toast him.
Campbell Carl Toast.jpg

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
He was an original and like everyone on here that knew him well knew what an outstanding guy he really was. I do miss him and actually think of him often. When my older son was born he gave us a book he as read to when he was a kid that was one of his favorites, I hope that my boys like it as much as he did.

So every year at Billdo's "Friendsgiving" party Bill would always have the blazer that CC gave one year in the white elephant gift. He and I would pour two fingers of Jack and toast him. View attachment 729058

I’m still pretty sure Chester faked his death and is living his life happily as a guy named Bill.

JBS

Reaction score
Miss you Carl. Until we meet agin

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
I miss my sunday morning wave
wouldnt fail
every sunday going up to the lake would see Carl driving home
sure do miss that :(

charlyox

Reaction score
Campbell Carl was one of a kind. If you were fortunate enough to meet him you will never forget him. His knowledge and generosity speaks for itself. Here is one of the few pics I could find of him. He is in Outdrive1 (Pauls) boat fueling up at Willow for what I think is his last DAM2DAM run.

Attachments

• IMG_9918.JPG
    IMG_9918.JPG
    230.3 KB · Views: 106

Rattle Can Lou

Reaction score
Went to his home one night...Tat's was there..(Riverganes) and we were having lots of cocktails in his garage..or in his case (Command Central). I asked if I could go inside to take a squirt...he say's no just piss outside...It was pretty fricken dark around his house..so I walked out of a well lit garage and out into his dark ass backyard..there was a little light coming out of a house window..so I sauntered up there and undo my pants and take my business out and proceed to wash down his house...about this time a God awful sound came out of that window and a crazed cat hit the glass with all it's mite and about made me shit my pants..problem was my pants were down a bit...I almost had a fricken heart attack...I rush back to Command Central and I know I was white as a ghost...of course I tell the story and CC laughed for 10 minutes...he says "why do ya think I told ya ta piss outside"..."the cat's a ferel that hates everybody but me"...I say's to him "that woulda been a nice morsel of info about 10 minutes ago"...never forget Carl...

rivergames

Reaction score
Went to his home one night...Tat's was there..(Riverganes) and we were having lots of cocktails in his garage..or in his case (Command Central). I asked if I could go inside to take a squirt...he say's no just piss outside...It was pretty fricken dark around his house..so I walked out of a well lit garage and out into his dark ass backyard..there was a little light coming out of a house window..so I sauntered up there and undo my pants and take my business out and proceed to wash down his house...about this time a God awful sound came out of that window and a crazed cat hit the glass with all it's mite and about made me shit my pants..problem was my pants were down a bit...I almost had a fricken heart attack...I rush back to Command Central and I know I was white as a ghost...of course I tell the story and CC laughed for 10 minutes...he says "why do ya think I told ya ta piss outside"..."the cat's a ferel that hates everybody but me"...I say's to him "that woulda been a nice morsel of info about 10 minutes ago"...never forget Carl...

Man, we were rolling on the ground in laughter that night!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

I really did LOL at that!