WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Remembering Jon Bloom - Delta run

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Sat March 7th we are doing our annual remembering Jon Bloom boat run on the CA Delta. We will meet at the crash site just outside of Discovery Bay near the lighthouse at 10:30am. Drop some yellow & white flowers in the water & have a toast to Jon. Our 1st stop will be Rusty Porthole for early lunch & discuss our next stops. All boats are welcome. Even if you didn't know Jon & just love boating please join us. Jon's brother & hopefully Jon's son will be joining us.
This will happen rain or shine.
57193.jpeg

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
There will be boats of all different speeds so even if you don't know the Delta there will be someone to follow. Typically we can find empty seats for people whose boat isn't running etc.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
5 years ago today we lost a GREAT man in a boating accident. Jon is missed every day. Rest In Peace my friend.
Tomorrow we will celebrate his life on the water with Jon's brother, Jon's two children, and several wonderful friends.

Sherpa

Reaction score
not trying to offend, I'm curious as to what happened to Jon?

--Sherpa

E4L

Reaction score
Very nice gesture [emoji1317][emoji1317]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
not trying to offend, I'm curious as to what happened to Jon?

--Sherpa

Absolutely ZERO offense taken whatsoever, thanks for asking.
F14 & I were out in a lil 10' boat we had just bought so Jon was alone in his boat, which I rode with him 99.9% of the time he went boating. Came around the last turn before Discovery Bay & the boat hooked left & tossed him out the starboard side. He hit his head very hard on the gunnel & broke several vertebra in his next. His lifeline was not hooked under his legs & it was ripped off. He was floating face down & his boat was circling @ idle speed. Boat ran over his left calf & prop destroyed his leg. Some AMAZING humans in a ski boat saw the accident & stopped to help. F14 came around the bend & saw his boat circling while ski boat guys were attending to Jon. We got his boat under control then assisted getting Jon out of the water & onto ski boat. They had already called 911 & loaded very bloody Jon onto their boat & rushed him to Discovery Bay marina where he was life flighted to hospital. They worked on him for 3+ hours but couldn't save him. HUGE thanks to the guys in the ski boat. Tried to give them $300 (all I had on me) to get their boat detailed, they would not take my $$$.
Sorry for very long response but Jon deserves to be remembered.

Sherpa

Reaction score
extremely sad event........... I've never heard anything about it before. we usually put in at Orwood so it's still very close to the area.

--Godspeed Jon....

--Sherpa

KingofBeers

Reaction score
Sadly, I never got a chance to meet Jon. He must have been a trooper to put up with lake p.a.l. on a regular basis. 😁 See you guys at the lighthouse.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
We had an incredible 112 mile run thru some water that few people have been thru in the middle part of the Delta. Jon & I always talked about going thru the area between the Sacramento deep water channel & popping out on Sacramento river @ Courtland. Beautiful cruise, great lunch @ the Point in Rio Vista, got rained on a few times, FANTASTIC day celebrating Jon's life & his love of laying down miles on the water.
20200307_121850.jpg
20200307_121834.jpg
20200307_121812.jpg
20200307_121754.jpg
20200307_121800.jpg

port austin pirate

Reaction score
Great to see you folks honoring Jon every year, Didn't get to meet Jon, But Iam sure I saw him at some DLB events still have my shirt with his Ode to DLB, Would have caught up with you folks yesterday but still a little under the weather, Again nice memorial and neat run Iam sure Jon was there with you.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Glad to see it was a good day! Also looks like Morey got his Eagle back!

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Wasn't that Eagle for sale recently? Really nice boat.

KingofBeers

Reaction score
Although I never met Jon, it was a pleasure to meet his brother, son and daughter. Great day of boating in some terrible weather! From what Ive been told Jon would have been out there in that shit weather as well.
DeltaRain2JB.jpg
DeltaRain1.jpg
DeltaRain3.jpg
DeltaRain4.jpg
DeltaRain5.jpg

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score