WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Remembrance and Veterns Day

max930

Reaction score
Veterans Day was created in 1954, by the Eisenhower administration. The main reason it was too much like Memorial Day. You see the unknown theme is remembrance of WWI, WWII and Korea veterans remembrance. The unknown's all symbol this. The problem these days are for all who served not the individual serve. Thank the tombs of the Unknown's on these holidays. Do not especially a civilian thank a veteran and tell them you are ready to carry on my family always stands up.

If I meet a veteran near these days. I meet the person first. I then tell them my full name. After meeting the Man. I don't mention my grand father service. I bring up politely at the end of the conversion and say' oh by the way my grandmother was in England in 1944 as a nurse thank you Sir!

I was in the hospital big cut last night. An older lady sitting across casually mentioned not having seen the doctors in a long time and how the nurses keep walking by. I didn't say a word. I found the least busy nurse and the Head nurse. And ask if she could see this nice lady for a minute. The head nurse spoke to the lady and then took the Women up stairs to see the Doctor. The WWII generation especially veterans family should be the main focus. See a kid or old person that is having trouble help them. That's what veterans want. Everyone will take care of their family.

USMC2010

Reaction score
So, after shitting all over the Marine Corps birthday you think starting a new thread is a good idea? I'm still waiting for a) your point b) answers to questions asked of you in the other thread.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Really?!!? :rolleyes

At least your Grand Daddy was Somebody! My Dad, Grand Dad, and Great Grand Dad! All served!