WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

remove sticker residue?

sintax

Reaction score
What could I use to remove some sticker residue (sticky gunk) that was left behind after removing the "dont be an idiot" stickers from the back of the boat and by the controls?

I tried some basic detail spray, but didnt want to get into any more aggressive chemicals without asking...

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Goof off, followed by soap and water then a little wax. Good off won’t damage gel at all but i ALWAYS hit it with soap and water immediately after, sometimes it will take going over it twice but then it’s just goof off, soap and water, goof off soap and water then wax.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
What could I use to remove some sticker residue (sticky gunk) that was left behind after removing the "dont be an idiot" stickers from the back of the boat and by the controls?

I tried some basic detail spray, but didnt want to get into any more aggressive chemicals without asking...
Know anyone in the medical field?
Those adhesive tape remover pads they use around IV sites would work I’d think.
Gelcoat or paint?
Acetone won’t hurt gel, but paint.. nono

sintax

Reaction score
Know anyone in the medical field?
Those adhesive tape remover pads they use around IV sites would work I’d think.
Gelcoat or paint?
Acetone won’t hurt gel, but paint.. nono

Its Gel

It doesn't feel sticky sticky though. I'll try maybe a lil acetone and see what I get.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Its Gel

It doesn't feel sticky sticky though. I'll try maybe a lil acetone and see what I get.
Acetone will work also but again soap and water right away just to be sure you don’t miss wiping any off and risk anything. I love dawn soap tho after using anything remotely abrasive

johnnyC

Reaction score
try gasoline it works wonders on a lot of things, gelcote is resistant to it

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Goof Off. I have used it on paint on a car to get hard sap off. I had tested it on a black rental car first. LOL. It worked great and didn't damage the paint. It shouldn't hurt gel at all if it didn't hurt paint.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
As mentioned above... WD40, "the miracle cure" in every guys garage...

Always works for me!

or buy some adhesive remover

Goof off is also good

They make different strength products for different uses, some pretty corrosive, some simple cleaners or stain removers formulated for different uses...

Last edited: