WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Renting a home out that has a pool.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Instead of selling our home we were thinking of renting it out. Hopefully it would be higher end renters but I assume we shouldn't expect them to do the up keep on the pool? Probably a better bet we pay someone who knows what they are doing correct?

We are up in air about selling it or renting it out. We could sell it for a nice profit so that may just be the easier way to go.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I have done all ourown pool maintenance. Never had a pool guy and never had a problem knock on wood. I'm probably more meticulous about than anyone I'd hire. I'm a freak about keeping chemicals on point, pool clean and brushed and filters and pumps in top shape.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Instead of selling our home we were thinking of renting it out. Hopefully it would be higher end renters but I assume we shouldn't expect them to do the up keep on the pool? Probably a better bet we pay someone who knows what they are doing correct?

We are up in air about selling it or renting it out. We could sell it for a nice profit so that may just be the easier way to go.

I made the decision to rent my house with a pool because every year I keep the house its worth 57K or more in appreciation and the renter covers all the expenses.

I recommend a regular pool guy come at least once as part of the rent.

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
In this day and age environment I wouldn't rent anything you cared about to anyone. It will be fucked up and thrashed and you'll spend endless amounts of time trying to recoup the costs of damage

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I have done all ourown pool maintenance. Never had a pool guy and never had a problem knock on wood. I'm probably more meticulous about than anyone I'd hire. I'm a freak about keeping chemicals on point, pool clean and brushed and filters and pumps in top shape.

OK then either you can be your pool guy or you need to hire one. If you leave it up to the renters you can be sure your pool will never meet your high expectations ("I'm probably more meticulous about than anyone I'd hire. I'm a freak about keeping chemicals on point, pool clean and brushed and filters and pumps in top shape.")

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Wait....didn't you just get the house and finish putting the fucking pool in? Lol....so much for settling in. 😂

Hahaha. Yeah we did just finish it it May of last year. We are looking at building a new single story overlooking the lake. We are waiting back from the builder on pricing. Will have a four car shop too!

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Sounds like we will just sell it as I think it's too nice to rent.

Turnup

Reaction score
I have a few with pools and I keep the pool service, as well as gardener, and a maid service once or twice a month. I have eyes and ears at all times. Corporate and insurance relo pay big bucks so double the rent and get with some good relo people 👍

Last edited:

rrrr

Reaction score
In this day and age environment I wouldn't rent anything you cared about to anyone. It will be fucked up and thrashed and you'll spend endless amounts of time trying to recoup the costs of damage

I just spent $26K repairing the damage to my 1000 SF 2 BR rental. Fucktards flooded the place intentionally, insurance wouldn't cover it.

Groper

Reaction score
IMO pools are great but at the same time can be a liability nightmare, make sure you have adjusted your homeowners insurance policy as a rental property and maybe create a LLC to cover your ass it's easy.

Get a Gardner & Pool service, tenants won't do shit and will not take care of anything the way you would remember they have nothing to loose.

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
John - Hire a pool guy you trust and be done with it....peace of mind. At one point, we were paying 3 pool guys for this exact reason. I typically just add it into the rental rate.

2Driver

Reaction score
If you have all free cap gains on that place, I know what I’d be doing.

v6toy4x

Reaction score

What's you rate!!!

wzuber

Reaction score
IMO pools are great but at the same time can be a liability nightmare, make sure you have adjusted your homeowners insurance policy as a rental property and maybe create a LLC to cover your ass it's easy.

Get a Gardner & Pool service, tenants won't do shit and will not take care of anything the way you would remember they have nothing to loose.
LLC at minimum........very solid suggestion.
Research asset protection methods, plans etc. Ideally you want nothing in your personal name. Each property can be it's own LLC, that way the only thing attachable is that one parcel.

oldschool

Reaction score
I would make sure your homeowners has you covered, liability wise, if you rent it out.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
If it’s an nice home I would probably sell before it becomes a not so nice home, lol. Maybe transition the proceeds into a multi unit property if your looking for rental income?

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
If it’s an nice home I would probably sell before it becomes a not so nice home, lol. Maybe transition the proceeds into a multi unit property if your looking for rental income?

It's not baller status and paid for with all paid cash boats and SxSs in the eight car garage like so many on here :D

It's a nice place and why we decided just to sell. It is less than a year old but we have decided that we want something with a view of the lake, RV garage and single story. We will hopefully be putting it up for sale once we get into the new home (if we decide we can afford it).

Groper

Reaction score
LLC at minimum........very solid suggestion.
Research asset protection methods, plans etc. Ideally you want nothing in your personal name. Each property can be it's own LLC, that way the only thing attachable is that one parcel.
Exactly great minds think alike everything I own is in a LLC and or a trust 😉

Reactions: DWC