WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Repair Shop told GF's Brother to TOTAL his CanAM.....

Starloans

Reaction score
I don't speak to him much because he's a TOOL but GF goes to Havasu once a month for a few days and last week she came back and says her brother's CanAm is totaled. Prob is, it's not been wrecked that we know of. He uses it a lot and admitted it's been on the side once but not damaged, THAT HE WAS AWARE OF. He drives it hard.

The frame is broken in SEVEN places. One shop says it's totaled and another says it can be fixed. I'm saying why is the frame broken. Rig doesn't appear to have any obvious damage from a wreck other than the frame. This sounds like a MFG issue to me. Are the CanAms just a POS??? He's had is a few years.

I don't really care what happens to his rig but I was thinking about an offroad rig in the future. Any you guys have issues with CanAms???

Here's a recent pic.

139263730_3744442785662609_3806175256648260626_n.jpg

DWC

Reaction score
Ours is a 2017 and haven’t had any issues. We do have the @DLC approved upgrades in the radius rods and A-arms though. No frame issues with regular Havasu riding then again we don’t send it.

http://instagr.am/p/CGBhQt3BGY2/

DLC

Reaction score
Where is it broken?

I read that some of the guesses plates at the rear lowers doors can rip or pop a weld, but that’s an easy fix re weld it back up!

where is the frame broken?

does he have insurance ? Did he take it to the dealer?

some people ( myself included ) call em a poor mans trophy truck, but if he is driving it hard and is fairly new to off roading things can get out of control really fast.

DLC

Reaction score
If he didn’t double shear the Frt shock tower and gusset up the Frt end he could break some Frt end frame members, plus driving it hard could possibly rip up the Frt

DLC

Reaction score

hope this helps a little long but great info

Reactions: DWC

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
In my experience with off-road and on road bikes the insurance companies are quick to call it totaled . They are trying to mitigate any future problems. For instance if a Cbr1000 gets hit and frame has a little dent they will total the title. Bike are prone to killing people and lawyers are good at pointing out hazards. So insurance companies just let it go. My old cbr 900 had a broken frame and one upper motor mount broken off .Plastics zipped tied together and was full coverage without even a picture... I was blown away that they didn’t want a pic. It was one of my stunt bikes I brought to Daytona and easily added full coverage .
E3FCD4FC-5898-4F64-81BE-C0518EEA18C9.jpeg

riverroyal

Reaction score
7 locations? Insurance scam
They are not a POS

Reactions: DWC

LowRiver2

Reaction score
All comes down to the adjuster.
Same as most other vehicles , if the adjuster can articulate the report enough to total it, then it will be.
I’d wager if a shop said it can be fixed , probably can.
Thanks for posting pic so we know what not to buy if it pops up on CL🤣

Groper

Reaction score
I believe there are a few "Fully Built" aftermarket chassis that are a direct replacement for CanAm's, maybe see what the insurance co will sell it back to the GF's BroBro and move everything over and go race all the Speed SxS's next month. 🤔