WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Repealing Prop 13

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
He did it! AG Becerra got the major property tax on the ballot. Your property tax increases are on the launch pad. California politicians are trying to repeal prop 13 by slipping it under the radar. California's Attorney General, Xavier Becerra is putting together plans to raise property tax revenue by eliminating the only thing keeping some people's property tax from sky rocketing, Prop 13.
Because they know it will be unpopular if presented as "Repeal Prop 13," Xavier Becerra has strategically relabeled it "Education and Local Government Funding." It's already on the 2020 ballot and like the gasoline tax, it will be worded in a way that misleads California voters. People renting may see it as a way to get something for nothing, but the long term result will be higher rents to pay due to the increase in property taxes.
People are leaving the state in record numbers, and many here are barely hanging on, this could be something that changes the face of California forever.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
He did it! AG Becerra got the major property tax on the ballot. Your property tax increases are on the launch pad. California politicians are trying to repeal prop 13 by slipping it under the radar. California's Attorney General, Xavier Becerra is putting together plans to raise property tax revenue by eliminating the only thing keeping some people's property tax from sky rocketing, Prop 13.
Because they know it will be unpopular if presented as "Repeal Prop 13," Xavier Becerra has strategically relabeled it "Education and Local Government Funding." It's already on the 2020 ballot and like the gasoline tax, it will be worded in a way that misleads California voters. People renting may see it as a way to get something for nothing, but the long term result will be higher rents to pay due to the increase in property taxes.
People are leaving the state in record numbers, and many here are barely hanging on, this could be something that changes the face of California forever.
Is this repeal for commercial or residential properties. Or both. Do you have a link?

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Is this repeal for commercial or residential properties. Or both. Do you have a link?

I believe it's for commercial only ... this time around, but it will open the door for residential properties shortly thereafter.

If this happens, there will be a shitstorm and mass exodus. I know I won't be able to afford to keep my income property unless I raise the rent significantly ($600/month), which the tenants can't afford. My new house won't change much, but I see property values tanking so that people lose everything or all the old money moving out of state, both of which will fuck everything up.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Can you post the link. I looked and couldn't find anything that showed both.

I stand corrected. It's for commercial properties only. It's called "The California Schools and Local Communities Funding Act". Another liberal policy that will push more employers out of California to do business in a friendly state.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
One party rule is killing this state.
Time to head to sac , and hang those MF scum bags .
739AFE9B-CB0E-4D0C-8D5B-3CB7032AAAFA.jpeg

RodnJen

Reaction score
It’s not polling that well but it was always going to make it this far.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I believe it's for commercial only ... this time around, but it will open the door for residential properties shortly thereafter.

If this happens, there will be a shitstorm and mass exodus. I know I won't be able to afford to keep my income property unless I raise the rent significantly ($600/month), which the tenants can't afford. My new house won't change much, but I see property values tanking so that people lose everything or all the old money moving out of state, both of which will fuck everything up.
Im 90% certain it's for commercial as there was a thread and article posted on here a couple months ago about it getting onto the ballot. It will be a HUGE burden on property owners and I'd imagine you'd see a commercial property sell off as soon as it passes. Then shortly there after a huge amount of rent increases every 6 months to go along with the new rent restructuring.

https://ballotpedia.org/California_...nd_Local_Government_Funding_Initiative_(2020)

https://giphy.com/gifs/12RUfUIChH7Cr6

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
https://ballotpedia.org/California_...nd_Local_Government_Funding_Initiative_(2020)
A "yes" vote supports this constitutional amendment to require commercial and industrial properties, except those zoned as commercial agriculture, to be taxed based on their market value, rather than their purchase price.

A "no" vote opposes this constitutional amendment, thus continuing to tax commercial and industrial properties based on a property's purchase price, with annual increases equal to the rate of inflation or 2 percent, whichever is lower.

Dumb ass's that vote yes, I bought our home for 75,000 in 1983 now it is worth 525,000, I would have to move out , I'm retired on a fixed income or work under the table.

Last edited:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Here's an example used for a long term owner occupied commercial property....

Let’s say you own a 20,000-square-foot industrial building purchased for $700,000 in 1980. Assuming a 2% annual increase in taxable assessed value since then, your assessed value today is approximately $1.5 million, resulting in property taxes of close to $15,000 per year.

However, the market value for your building is around $4.5 million which would yield an annual property tax of $45,000 if the parcel was re-assessed, a whopping difference of $30,000 per year.

Yeah.... That wouldn't have any effect on a business and how it can operate at all...... Fucking idiots run my home state.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I'm really curious to see what would happen if Prop 13 goes away. Literally the only thing keeping us at our current house is the low property taxes. With that gone it might be a much needed swift kick to the ass to move.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'm really curious to see what would happen if Prop 13 goes away. Literally the only thing keeping us at our current house is the low property taxes. With that gone it might be a much needed swift kick to the ass to move.
Arizona is closed...Try New Mexico...they're messed up, and don't have the weather or the beaches...I don't thinke the property tax is that bad though;)

wettrthebettr

Reaction score

Ya know Grads That might be the plan for gov newsom and his gronies, make people sell so new High tech people ( Google, facebook, Ect ) buy into Californy pay the new High buyers Tax, and there ya go they got their money for the Illegal immigrates, and homeless, More votes. Don't forget the rag heads that would buy up homes. Ya know what the red dot on a rag head women is for,? it tells the new Husband what gas station/store he will marry into.

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
Arizona is closed...Try New Mexico...they're messed up, and don't have the weather or the beaches...I don't thinke the property tax is that bad though;)
Bull , my property tax is very low I bought in 1983, my home for 75,000, and it is worth 520,000. now, don't tell me my new tax would not be that Bad.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I figured if somone can call someone , commie bastards, Fucked, liberal fucktards, this shit is funny asshole, Rag head would not be any different.
There's a big difference between calling someone a jet boater than there is calling them a rag head.

EDIT: Scratch that, they're equally insulting derogatory terms.;)

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
You think this shit is funny asshole??

YOU should be the first person hung by the noose.

Fuck you and the rest of you liberal fucktards.

In case anyone on here on RDP is unaware...

This idiot has been pushing for this to happen for YEARS.

Right Rod??

:mad::mad::mad:

But the weather is great...:)

Last edited:

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
If passed this will open the flood gates to companies leaving California. The Prop 13 Tax Laws are one of the few incentives left for business owners in this state. And for all you W-2 people who say this doesn’t affect me, better check yourselves. Your job is probably moving out of state and I can guarantee you the Communists are coming after residential properties next.

Get out and vote in November!

RodnJen

Reaction score
You think this shit is funny asshole??

YOU should be the first person hung by the noose.

Fuck you and the rest of you liberal fucktards.

In case anyone on here on RDP is unaware...

This idiot has been pushing for this to happen for YEARS.

Right Rod??

:mad::mad::mad:

Yes, I’ve been an advocate for comprehensive tax reform for years. That includes property, income and sales taxes.

KevinR

Reaction score
Rod,

How do you define comprehensive tax reform? I assume you have potential outcomes you believe should be enacted?

Does this measure to change property taxes on commercial properties meet that definition? Would the same for residential taxes?

playdeep

Reaction score

Whole lotta truth there...
The phuking Libtard's have taken over the northern part of New Mexico.
They're starting to come after our guns now.
...it's getting ugly.

TCHB

Reaction score
I had prop 13 on my home in HB and the young family next door did not. I paid $3000 and he paid $10,000.

Last edited:

sirbob

Reaction score
I had prop 13 on my home in HB and the young family next door did not. I paid $3000 and he paid $10,000.

They have prop 13 also, their tax just started at a higher number based on their purchase price. In 10 or 20 years (assuming they are still in that house) they will be saying the same thing about the people that bought your house if somebody new moves into your house then.

Unless this goes through on resedental also.

Singleton

Reaction score
Just watch , it’ll miraculously pass just like the gas tax ! And then try to tell me voting hasn’t been hacked ...

voters will be brainwashed.
Most will say this does not impact me and vote yes.
After it passes those same voters will wonder where did all the businesses go or why does it cost more for x, y and z.
I always vote no on property taxes, unless it is city related and directly goes to my area schools.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Whole lotta truth there...
The phuking Libtard's have taken over the northern part of New Mexico.
They're starting to come after our guns now.
...it's getting ugly.
I didn't know how bad it had become until last year in the news. Sad, since I first went through Las Vegas (NM) in '84 with my parents, I always thought a ranch out there would be cool...Same with Durango, but that state has been wrecked too:(

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Rod,

How do you define comprehensive tax reform? I assume you have potential outcomes you believe should be enacted?

Does this measure to change property taxes on commercial properties meet that definition? Would the same for residential taxes?

Rod wants you to pay more for an even worse quality of life, and an even less effective government.

FishSniper

Reaction score
You would think anyone with half a brain would vote no on this but after the gas tax repeal didn’t happen I wouldn’t be surprised if this garbage went through. Next step after this they will be coming after the residential prop 13. One of the reasons I’m staying in my smaller house in CA and bought a second home in AZ instead of giving these crooks in ca more money.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
It’s not polling that well but it was always going to make it this far.

Since when does polling in Kalifornia matter :eek: A small percentage of fanatic liberal Dumbocrats vote and every tax raising, tree hugging thing and person on the ballot passes. You are delusional if you think that state has a chance of "getting better"

Until people march with pitchforks and torches on the State Capitol building in Sacto the slippery slope has been greased for the ride into oblivion

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Rod,

You can't talk sense to a libtard...

I've talked to him about it before, and he doesn't see the big picture. He's like every other liberal. They live their lives with blinders on, and only see what's in front of their face.

He's aware of Newton's 3rd law, but isn't aware enough to see how it works.

Being a liberal democratic is a mental illness. And he as is ill as they get.

Grads is a poser. His comments are just to get people fired up...

Rod is the real deal.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
You can't talk sense to a libtard...

I've talked to him about it before, and he doesn't see the big picture. He's like every other liberal. They live their lives with blinders on, and only see what's in front of their face.

He's aware of Newton's 3rd law, but isn't aware enough to see how it works.

Being a liberal democratic is a mental illness. And he as is ill as they get.

Grads is a poser. His comments are just to get people fired up...

Rod is the real deal.

Rod sounds like a real dumb shit.

Don't be like Rod everyone.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I think only those voters that will be affected by the tax should be able to vote on any tax increase. those that are not affected only vote since it doesn't directly hurt them and they get the freebes'

Cdog

Reaction score
I'm already seeing the pick up in business here in AZ/PHX because of the threat of prop 13 repeal. I have sold two apartment complex's to Californians divesting out of CA in the last 60 days.

Here's how this will work. First they'll go after corporate owned commercial, then they'll need more money and show data on the money it made and how it trickles down to whatever pet cause. "For the childrens". Then they will roll it out for SFR's. This will deflate the prices for homes in CA and bring relief on "Pricing" but the cost basis will be more since the taxes are now punitive.

In the meantime the cost basis for everything you buy in CA will jump as owners amortize their cost basis into what ever they are selling.

This is what happens when you have people who have never worked for themselves and earned a dollar on their own without some government job slinging cash at them for doing nothing.

Prepare for your real estate nest egg to be worth less in the future. They equity you will loose will be transferred to the state via property tax. Ironically the poor will pay more as the cost basis gets passed on to them.

brgrcru

Reaction score
Or move. Ready to lower your price. :D

I do not want to move Rod . i like where I live . I like my business. It's not for sale anymore . We decided. To keep going for another 10 years . Don't get me wrong we thought about it. Was huge decision , on our part.
We live a simple life .
Kids are grown, on there own .
Family is here .
But this would devestate , a small business like mine.
Along with all the small mom and pop shops around us .

Just sad , that one group of people want to take so much , from a group of people, that just want to work hard and enjoy a little bit of life.

RCDave

Reaction score
It's a government play for control. Underhanded. Dastardly. Criminal. Theft. Commie pinko

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Anyone have a direct link on this? I was talking about this to another business owner in CA and he heard that this will only effect new sales moving forward. Meaning if your property wasn't sold then you are not going to be reassessed . But if you do sell, you are reassessed every year.

I don't know. The only thing I know is we lease our building and it has been owned by the same people for 30 yrs. I'm sure the rent will jump 30% if this is passed.