WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Replacement fuel tank-Ram

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Someone on here mentioned a company (I can’t remember what thread) within the last couple weeks who offers a 60 gallon tank for the Ram?
Anyone??

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
I put a Titan 52 in my GMC and love it. Only down side is I was told the "distance to empty" display would learn the new range over time. Not true.

hallett21

Reaction score
So I’ve looked at those or an external tank. I think the titan is 1k plus install.

How much would a custom in bed tank cost (service body truck)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RVR2SNO

Reaction score
I put a Titan 52 in my GMC and love it. Only down side is I was told the "distance to empty" display would learn the new range over time. Not true.

Really? I was looking at one for mine. Surprised it doesn’t adjust.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Or buy a new truck with 50 gal tank std. 😂

Ram 2019+ offers a 50 gal tank as an option. Nice 860 DTE, plus 20 mpg while cruising at 75. Round trip to SD last trip I got 20.5 mpg. So yes, a touch over 1000 mile range.
IMG_8475.jpeg

Last edited:

petie6464

Reaction score
I looked at these for my truck. Just couldn't justify the price. I understand it as a good part of that price goes towards their product liability policy I would imagine.

Had a local fuel tank builder make me one, the mounts broke, so I trashed that and went to a older in bed tank from Transflow.

After all the jacking around I should have paid the money, hopefully it would have lasted.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
KSH in Havasu did a 50 gallon in the bed of my Ram, works great, saves me about $80 each fill up compared to California diesel fuels. I can go there and back and back again on one fill up. After 12 fill ups it paid for itself.

johnnyC

Reaction score
KSH in Havasu did a 50 gallon in the bed of my Ram, works great, saves me about $80 each fill up compared to California diesel fuels. I can go there and back and back again on one fill up. After 12 fill ups it paid for itself.
I did the same thing but used their 30 gal instead.... seven inches deep bed hight, works great

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Depends on year and brand. Ram can use factory sizes in the computer, ford can use any value, not sure on GM. *based on forum info I’ve read- I could be incorrect*

It will never “just learn” was my point. The trucks need to be reprogrammed in some way. To be made aware of the drastic change in tank size.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I wish someone would make a large capacity replacement tank for my gasser. I was looking at a gravity fed but from my research that’s a big no no and dangerous.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Transfer flow makes both gas and diesel tanks for most late model trucks. Historically, their quality and install (fit and directions) are second to none. I have done this to several trucks I've owned with several brands. I would spend the money and go this way. Some of the other brands have been more "challenging" to get installed and look like they were welded in 9th grade shop class.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I wish someone would make a large capacity replacement tank for my gasser. I was looking at a gravity fed but from my research that’s a big no no and dangerous.

Not if you get one that is actually designed for your truck and approved for gas not just diesel. they are out there.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Not if you get one that is actually designed for your truck and approved for gas not just diesel. they are out there.

I have looked and only find diesel.

If you know of a manufacturer please direct me to it.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
May try these guys, that Gottaminute posted up above.

https://www.aerotanks.com/

They specifically are the ones that had a high school shop class students weld the tank. Additionally they had a vent line terminate under a factory cross brace on the frame. Their instructions were poor at best. I had to modify the tank vent to get everything to fit. Nothing too crazy but still, I don' like having to do things like that to fuel tanks.

The down side is that they have the best selection of tanks. Many of the other brands only produce for vehicles made in the last 10 years or so. Aero keeps all their old patterns and will dust them off upon request. I loved my Transfer flow but they were out of production and are very "fair weather" on what they build. Just a different business model, their business, their choice.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score

What truck out of curiosity?

Devilman

lol, yeah, sure, ok......
Reaction score
I have looked at this company before nothing in there website. I emailed them though. I’m pretty sure they can’t make one due to emissions liabilities

Copy that. Hopefully you can find something.

They specifically are the ones that had a high school shop class students weld the tank. Additionally they had a vent line terminate under a factory cross brace on the frame. Their instructions were poor at best. I had to modify the tank vent to get everything to fit. Nothing too crazy but still, I don' like having to do things like that to fuel tanks.

The down side is that they have the best selection of tanks. Many of the other brands only produce for vehicles made in the last 10 years or so. Aero keeps all their old patterns and will dust them off upon request. I loved my Transfer flow but they were out of production and are very "fair weather" on what they build. Just a different business model, their business, their choice.

That sux, I gotcha though. It was probably 10-12 years ago that I had one in my old truck and was considering another one for the truck I'm building now. Factory 12 gallons won't be enough to get hardly anywhere in that thing, lol