WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Replacing Upper Control Arms

Don65

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for a shop in orange county that can replace the upper control arms on my 05 Silverado 2500hd, passenger side rubber boot on the upper ball Joint is split, so I figured it would be easier just to replace the whole arm, thanks

Socalx09

Reaction score
If you are in Orange - Daniels tire off Tustin. It’s a Goodyear. Call and ask for Tony- say Chanel sent you. Get a quote over the phone. He’s a good friend. Just had front/back shocks and bushings done there.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for a shop in orange county that can replace the upper control arms on my 05 Silverado 2500hd, passenger side rubber boot on the upper ball Joint is split, so I figured it would be easier just to replace the whole arm, thanks

I would recommend OE parts...not aftermarket.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I am about to do my 03. Will be getting ac Delco ball joints for mine.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I am about to do my 03. Will be getting ac Delco ball joints for mine.

Be careful. ACDelco is not necessarily OEM GM. Get brown box ball joints with the 8 digit part number on 'em.

Avoid the taiwan ACDelco...I know that factory and I'm not impressed with their parts.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Be careful. ACDelco is not necessarily OEM GM. Get brown box ball joints with the 8 digit part number on 'em.

Avoid the taiwan ACDelco...I know that factory and I'm not impressed with their parts.

Is brown box ac Delco or ?

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
I have a shop in Anaheim and one in Cypress. Happy to help out with the work!

Feel free to send me a PM and I can get in touch with you tomorrow with a price.

-Brandon

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Is brown box ac Delco or ?
No, brown box with a white label is GM OE.

AC Delco is a red, white, and blue box with a XXX-XXX or XXX-XXXX number on it. ACDelco used to source from Raybestos Chassis...who made about 200 or so part number stateside...and they were of a brilliant design and construction, although not the OE part. Raybestos sold their chassis division to Federal Mogul (MOOG) and it went to shit. The ACDelco stuff had blue boots on it...just like raybestos. I know for a fact that a lot of their 2500 front end parts are coming from a specific outfit in Taiwan...who also has a facility in China....because we buy from them too and the worn out Delco shit I pulled off of my truck after 6 months are exactly the same as the stuff we get from these folks...And they've been unable to give me any differences between the China and Taiwan parts, aside from price. Its garbage.

ACDelco is just an aftermarket name at this point...sourcing whereever they can find something that looks good. They like blue boots. The only chassis parts with blue boots come out of the BAW Taiwan/China plant or the factory in Mainland China that Mevo-tech uses...which is kinda garbage as well.

MOOG is good if you can keep up on greasing them every 3000 miles....if that isn't gonna happen, then forget it. Moog uses a metal on metal type joint on a sintered metal bearing surface...bulletproof if you maintain them, but they'll be shot in 20K if you don't. The OE and most others use a Delrin bearing with a polished ball that runs for over 100K without issue if the boot doesn't get fucked up and let in contaminants. The asians haven't mastered rubber yet, so their boots tend to suck.

Cdog

Reaction score

Do you have a level kit on it? If so I’d highly recommend Cognito or kryptonite upper control arms with their bolt in ball joints. I’m down at Bolsa Chica till Friday if you want to check out my set up with cognito arms & kryptonite ball joints.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Do you have a level kit on it? If so I’d highly recommend Cognito or kryptonite upper control arms with their bolt in ball joints. I’m down at Bolsa Chica till Friday if you want to check out my set up with cognito arms & kryptonite ball joints.

If you make it to Long Beach...I owe you beer and a meal I think

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I was gonna suggest the same. MUCH stronger upgrade.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Don65

Reaction score

No level kit on it, just the torsion bars cranked up a little to clear bigger tires, I've looked at Cognitos stuff before, it's good stuff just need a place to install it thanks

BUSTI

Reaction score
Take it to Orange County Off-road in Huntington Beach. Good family business and work is awesome.