WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RESET: At the Buy Almost Anything Ya Want Price and Selling well. Yamaha 275SD

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
$150K and they sell out every year COVID or not. At that price I didn't think they would.
The paddle shifts for docking are clever and work superb:

Watch the docking maneuvers:

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
$150K ??? 😳

OTD probably more. No trailer.
We priced them $139K + fees. Slides right in to $150K + trailer.
Down from $160K.

Twin jet boats have suffered trimming issues in the past. Dunno if this one has that mulligan. Don't want to spend $150K to find out.
I forgot to check if this model has the jet pump cleanout access from the deck like past Yamahas did. It's essential.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Talk about the ultimate PWC.

Twin inline 4 cylinder overhead cam 1.8 ltr motors can't be all that thrilling to drive though

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Reactions: TPC

boatnam2

Reaction score
Not sure about in a boat platform but the 1.8 supercharged motor is a nice little package in a wave runner, little tweaking on the box will put you north of 80MPH+.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Down from $160K.

Twin jet boats have suffered trimming issues in the past. Dunno if this one has that mulligan. Don't want to spend $150K to find out.
I forgot to check if this model has the jet pump cleanout access from the deck like past Yamahas did. It's essential.
F That!!!! You can get a new Magic Deck for that kinda cash 💰

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
At least each motor gets its own button she says. 🤞 If Telsa made a boat- she would be all in !

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Not sure about in a boat platform but the 1.8 supercharged motor is a nice little package in a wave runner, little tweaking on the box will put you north of 80MPH+.
It is a great little motor, it's just the pure weight of that thing that kills it for me. The linear power curve needed when boats start getting heavier I don't see being there. With the cavitation of a jet and size of that hull I can't imagine it being able to run north of 40-45mph

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Sherpa

Reaction score
didn't someone mention that the fuel usage on these little boats was astronomical? like they'll burn $300 bucks in fuel per day..?

--Sherpa

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Every Yamaha boat I have ridden in has the same issue....... they are incredibly loud inside the boat. It’s if the hull acts as a boom box for the engines and it directs the sLund up into the cabin space. The worst part is that it it a VERY annoying droning sound. Add the TERRIBLE ride over anything but glass and ya have an overpriced pwc

nowski

Reaction score
Every Yamaha boat I have ridden in has the same issue....... they are incredibly loud inside the boat. It’s if the hull acts as a boom box for the engines and it directs the sLund up into the cabin space. The worst part is that it it a VERY annoying droning sound. Add the TERRIBLE ride over anything but glass and ya have an overpriced pwc
Unfortunately it's the annoying kind of loud not The Music to My Ears kind of Loud that we all prefer to hear...

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Unfortunately it's the annoying kind of loud not The Music to My Ears kind of Loud that we all prefer to hear...

EXACTLY ! It’s not a Big block sound, it’s a nerve grating drone !

NicPaus

Reaction score
didn't someone mention that the fuel usage on these little boats was astronomical? like they'll burn $300 bucks in fuel per day..?

--Sherpa
If you ran it for 8 hours. I have the 1.8 supercharged in my ski. It is thirsty when on it.

I have driven the supercharged seadoo boats. They take off quick and take a minute to learn how to tow a wakeboarder. Friend just inherited one and I will be behind the wheel towing the kids by summer.

Dylan

Reaction score
Having owned a newer Yamaha boat, they are jack of all trades, master of none boats. Most sell near MSRP (pre-covid). The dirty neutral gets annoying around docks, and are definitely loud at speed. I walked around the 275 and am unsure who the boat is marketed towards? Technically oversized beam on trailer, and a fuel hog. I do believe it still has a clean out tray, which you will be intimate with if any sort of aquatic growth.

I do feel like Yamahas have great transom areas, and the new in-water seats look like a hit.

poncho

Reaction score
$150K and they sell out every year COVID or not. At that price I didn't think they would.
The paddle shifts for docking are clever and work superb:

Watch the docking maneuvers:

Funny this comes up, one of my best friends messaged me about a month ago and asked if i had any experience with these boats. His Son in Law is boat shopping and he asked me to talk sense into the kid. This is a boat that will be used on lakes and the ocean and the dealer has him convinced saltwater is nothing to worry about as they will install a flushing system.
I think it's the wrong boat for them but the Kid has a high paying job and knows everything.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Down from $160K.

Please god tell me you aren't gonna buy one of these things for 150K..

RD

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Please god tell me you aren't gonna buy one of these things for 150K..

RD
Hell no. Never.
I wanted to see what $160.000 buys in a Yamaha I had read about.
Just sitting on the Dealer showroom floor when we were getting air & oil filters for the Can Am.

Wife said it's for non boater boating families.
That about sizes it up.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Hell no. Never.
I wanted to see what $160.000 buys in a Yamaha I had read about.
Just sitting on the Dealer showroom floor when we were getting air & oil filters for the Can Am.

Wife said it's for non boater boating families.
That about sizes it up.

Yep. It is the SXS of boats. just hop in a push the stick, and you can do almost anything with it.

2Driver

Reaction score
Against my better judgement I bought a used 212 SS on a whim when I first bought the river house. Used it twice and sold it. Pretty disappointing quality and the safety features were a PIA.
LCICECN3L7FVQU3BW7WLGZFGBI.jpg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Crest ran up what was a reasonable price on the Continental - then a huge geometric price jump again during the COVID.
twin_feature-1100x500.jpg

manxman

Reaction score
I had a earlier yamaha 230 , and then a 210, and now a 240. I like the yamaha platform. I like the floor space. I have small kids and was nervous about a prop. The yamaha curbs the fear a bit. I think they are well built and are easy to work on and pretty reliable. Not to mention, I have sold everyone for more than I paid for it. Havn't been able to do that with any other boat I have owned. (searay, seaswirl, carrera, natique)

LazyLavey

Reaction score
So, anybody care to speculate...... Are first time buyers attracted to this platform?

707dog

Reaction score
pick one of the top 3 family boat manufactures and their loaded 270 blows this thing out of the water with a few bucks left over for beer and gas. my buddy had Yamaha 242 limited for one summer cockpit is noisy they actually ride crap took his loss on the boat and moved on.

Sherpa

Reaction score
I had a earlier yamaha 230 , and then a 210, and now a 240. I like the yamaha platform. I like the floor space. I have small kids and was nervous about a prop. The yamaha curbs the fear a bit. I think they are well built and are easy to work on and pretty reliable. Not to mention, I have sold everyone for more than I paid for it. Havn't been able to do that with any other boat I have owned. (searay, seaswirl, carrera, natique)

On a tournament boat the prop is like 3 feet buried under the rear step and hull, and in front of the rudder... you gotta really try to actually touch it with your foot in the water...
My kids grew up since babies on our boat. Zero worries about the prop.

Xring01

Reaction score
We rented a 240 I think years ago...
I hated the damn thing,

At most cruising speeds, it porpoised like crazy... Either slow down or run WOT...

Based on that... I dont think I would even consider one.

manxman

Reaction score
On a tournament boat the prop is like 3 feet buried under the rear step and hull, and in front of the rudder... you gotta really try to actually touch it with your foot in the water...
My kids grew up since babies on our boat. Zero worries about the prop.

I have an aversion to prop boats and mainly wake or ski type. Had a good friend get ran over in Martinez years ago at the sandbar by a tournament ski boat and get his arm cut off and bleed out and die. The center skag actually did most of the damage, but I just couldn't imagine dying that way. I grew up with the family I/O style boats and know there capability, but I have piece of mind knowing it would be hard to get cut in half under a Yamaha boat.