WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Restored my 2004 Carson work trailer turned toy / Harley hauler

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
This trailer helped me build a business even though it hasn't been used for several years except to haul some motorcycles a couple times a year. It was just sitting in my shop rusting away.

A couple river trips ago I was tasked with getting Rivermobster's and my son's Harley's out to the river for a weekend. I had very little time to prepare anything and getting them into my well maintained dump trailer was just not an option. That thing would beat those Harley's to death plus Skid Steer ramps are a little steep.

So I gulped, pulled the Landscape trailer out of the mothballs, loaded it, aired the tires, and split. Just a bad idea x1000.
We made the Harley based river trip there and back w/o issue. OK enough 9 lives bullshit, lets sell this thing and get a car trailer or a flat deck.
Well their aren't any new and used crap is $5k-10k so screw that Covid priced garbage.

This is the trailer 5 years ago. That thing has hauled everything construction based and personal.
IMG_5016.JPG

So after about 6 weeks here is the finished product.
IMG_3229.jpg

Rusteloum Machine Gray, painted the wheels, Replaced the brakes, all new bearings with syn. grease, all new wiring and led lights.
Fresh Linseed oil on the 2 year old Doug Fir floor. UPOL Raptor lined the fenders, rails, and the top of the ramp gate. New Load range E tries, and fresh Dexter E-Z Lube caps. Some random Amazon locking box which is a great addition. Still need to replace the safety chains but did install a new jack bolted to some newly welded brackets.

Currently the inside is completely finished flat black. The jack is all reconfigured now.

IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3231.jpg

Plus side it matches my golf cart.
IMG_5015.jpg

No longer concerned about towing it anywhere.

Last edited:

NicPaus

Reaction score
My 03 Carson dump could use another paint job. Have painted it 3 times over the years. It's sitting at a job in Pedro. Might grab it today. Paid $4300 plus t and L. Could probably sell it for $6500 now. Best thing I ever bought for this trade.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
My 03 Carson dump could use another paint job. Have painted it 3 times over the years. It's sitting at a job in Pedro. Might grab it today. Paid $4300 plus t and L. Could probably sell it for $6500 now. Best thing I ever bought for this trade.
I bought this Carson Landscape trailer at Bill's RV out in Beaumont 18 years ago, now gone. I remember standing there with my wife and these little kids thinking should I buy this? $2300 seems like allot of money for a 14 foot trailer. LOL...That thing was literally my right hand man for years plus those Isuzu NPR's could tow it. My wife was standing there protesting telling me to get a dump trailer and finance it. Well I didn't which was a massive mistake. I threw allot of concrete out that ramp gate over the years.

In 2010 I bought a really nice 12' Marksman Mfg. dump trailer that was a return, never used deal from HD Supply via Marksman. Brutally tough and trouble free always. It also needs paint. 14k GVWR down rated to 9980.

Side note: I was only able to get a couple quarts of the light machine gray color for that Landscape. So I sealed the rust I couldn't sand, Self etched the entire deal, mixed some hardner into those quarts, and HVLP sprayed a light coat on all sides. Then came back with that professional same color industrial spray cans. So I can touch it up if need be. Well see how long it looks as it is now but the plus side is my garage is it's new home.