WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Reverse question

Ultra912

Reaction score
I noticed recently my boat w/Bravo one doesn't move very responsive when engaging reverse. This weekend I noticed that the prop doesn't engage until I throttle it a wee bit. Is this a sign of problems to come? 2004 Shockwave Tremor

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
sounds like a cable adjustment at worse a cable. does it shift okay otherwise from neutral to forwards? has anything changed or other work recently performed?

Ultra912

Reaction score
Operates/functions normal. Shifts ok. I'll have my cables checked out. The steering wheel seems a little stretched also.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I noticed recently my boat w/Bravo one doesn't move very responsive when engaging reverse. This weekend I noticed that the prop doesn't engage until I throttle it a wee bit. Is this a sign of problems to come? 2004 Shockwave Tremor
I would drain the lower unit oil and check for pubes on the drain plug as well as a burnt odor, that is a bad sign. If not its likely just a cable, you can adjust them on the linkage that is mounted on the inside of the transom. Typically a cable comes from the shifter to the linkage, and then a smaller cable leaves the linkage and enters the drive. I would also check it on land and see if its engaging, ie will the prop spin when you put it in reverse.