WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RF 95 Van Diemen FC 2000 question for CDog/RCMike

spectras only

Reaction score

Cdog

Reaction score
I don’t personally know the car but a good friend of mine races formula continental and he might now I’ll ask him.

spectras only

Reaction score
Son wants it because of the power upgrade from a Formula 1600. My friends have the Formula BMW's that are fast and this Continental could keep up with them. My son pretty much can match their track time when he borrows their cars.
We have about 28 people in the Formula group that we'll enjoy more running with than the GTU class my son has with his S2000 Honda.

Cdog

Reaction score
Son wants it because of the power upgrade from a Formula 1600. My friends have the Formula BMW's that are fast and this Continental could keep up with them. My son pretty much can match their track time when he borrows their cars.
We have about 28 people in the Formula group that we'll enjoy more running with than the GTU class my son has with his S2000 Honda.

Pinto engine or vtech?

Cdog

Reaction score
Pinto. We like the FC 2000 because it has aero. The Van Diemen and Crossle I drive occasionally don't have aeros.

View attachment 961118

Sorry I have not been able to look at the ad because I’ve been driving around getting ready to leave tomorrow to auto club speedway Fontana Ca for the SCCA season opener. I know the VTEC cars are quite a bit faster than the Pinto cars at Buttonwillow. Here in the US they can run SCCA and a vintage association if the car under a certain chassis number. I was also told they are going to a spec tire this year.

My buddy Gray still has his Pinto FC, he just bought a formula Enterprise 2 so he can race with me. he has extensive knowledge of the formula continental class I will ask him about that car. It may take a couple days because he is a captain for an oil rig and just left Monday so we can only communicate via email.

Cheers!

spectras only

Reaction score
Looks like we're picking up the car shortly. My buddy met the guy today to check the car out for us. It turned out he actually knew the seller through the Mission Raceway events. We' re getting it for ca 11K US. Can't wait to drive it in April, enough time to sort out a few issues that aren't major, before. Funny thing is, many open wheel guys selling/giving up on them before wrecking it at Mission that has a narrow 16' wide track with a lot of concrete walls. Our track at Area27 is superior to most tracks in Canada. We have good run offs and wide tracks with very few concrete walls with tires.
Here's a video from COTA

Last edited:

Cdog

Reaction score
awesome bud! I can’t wait to go back to Cota next month in my spec racer Ford.

Congrats!!

rrrr

Reaction score
I envy you guys. If I could get a little more healthy I could go back to work at Nearburg's shop. There's nuthin cooler than turning wrenches on a 917 or a Kremer 935 and lighting it off.

Last edited:

spectras only

Reaction score
^^^
Hoping my buddy gets finally finish his 904 so I could get my hands on the wheel at area27

BasilHayden

Reaction score
Sorry rcmike has been absent, currently getting the cars ready for the season.

The Ginetta is getting the setup baseline in as we speak, while my 2002 is being updated from a single downdraft BSL to a dual side draft BSedan, part of that included putting on fenders for the extra inch of effective tire and the first new paint in many years.

that said neither of us know much about these formula cars that you are talking about, CDog has your back there.

what do you know about the “Ridge”, we have been given an event there to consider this year

Cdog

Reaction score
Kick ass day. I was on pole & finished 2nd in a crazy close race. Had 2tenths between me and the winner on our fastest laps. Awesome day of racing. More tomorrow.

83DD4F47-9948-4584-81F1-1DBDFB941E3F.jpeg