WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rice road rock art

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Every time I take rice road I always enjoy the miles and miles of rock art along the tracks. There’s probably 1000’s of them and some must have take some serious time to do. Rocks, railroad ties, one is even actual pieces of track that must have been discarded. Which makes me wonder, do people pull over on the way to the river in 115 degree heat and spend a few hours making these things or is it the waiting on a tow truck or a trailer tire fix with nothing to do situation? Never seen anyone actually making one in 35 years of driving that road.

Has anyone here made one?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Every time I take rice road I always enjoy the miles and miles of rock art along the tracks. There’s probably 1000’s of them and some must have take some serious time to do. Rocks, railroad ties, one is even actual pieces of track that must have been discarded. Which makes me wonder, do people pull over on the way to the river in 115 degree heat and spend a few hours making these things or is it the waiting on a tow truck or a trailer tire fix with nothing to do situation? Never seen anyone actually making one in 35 years of driving that road.

Holy shit you’d better be careful.
There’s people here that want to shoot graffiti criminals.

4Waters

Reaction score
My best friend went every year to Parker with his GF and their kids (from different relationships) she always liked looking at the rock art as well so he decided to drive out there and spell out "Will you marry me Taye" in July of 2013. As they were driving out there she was looking at the art and saw that and lost it, she said yes of course but passed away the following February of stage 4 cervical cancer shortly after they got married 😔. We miss her a lot.

I'm sure it's gone now or mostly gone.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Too much work. Or I'm just getting too old and lazy.🤣

Javajoe

Reaction score

I think of that also. Never seen anyone either

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
I have never seen anyone do it in the summer but I have seen groups in the cooler months.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Did one with my daughter when she was around 10...she's 28 now.
I'd say it lasted long enough to see it for maybe 5-6 yrs🤷‍♂️
It got pretty much ruined when they did rail & tie maintenance.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Im suprised there is not a lets go brandon ! Lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Used to be a "RD SUX" on that patch. I always wondered who did it. I haven't been that way in a decade, so don't know if it's still there.

I heard there was one out there but I never saw it.

Good Stuff

Reaction score
Stopped one time with my dad. Only time we ever went to Havasu so we stopped on the way back and spent 30 minutes dying in the heat. Can’t even remember what we wrote. I’ve got initials all over Ice Cream Canyon in Powell at the different water lines since that’s where we went boating.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
The old service station by Eagle mntn has been "defaced" by RDsux'ers too......its had some damn good staying power too.😂
20180619_143614.jpg

Badchoices03

Reaction score
The wife and I talk about that almost every time we go through there....who stops to do it? On the way out we are too excited to get there and get out on the water to waste time, and on the way back we are burnt out from multiple days on the water to want to stop anywhere....

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
That rock art is timeless,I've watched it since I was a kid,all of our trips to Havasu Palms,witnessed lots of folks pulled over constructing their masterpieces. The knowledge I gained from the Texaco Gas Station bathroom walls at Desert Center surpassed these rock words tho.😂

Yldboyz

Reaction score
We did one with my oldest boy when he was about and at the same time we stopped at the shoe tree and had him hang up his shoes.

I had seen some girls take their bras off and throw those on the tree as well, that was a sight to see.

Orange Juice

Reaction score

I waited 5 hours for a tow.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I'd be willing to spend an afternoon this winter or spring to make the FJB version of Let's Go Brandon if anyone else is interested?
on the big mound on the right where there is a big Sheriff badge, im in, that would be cool

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I really thought about stopping on my way home yesterday but the kids were napping. I did come home the CA side of Parker and we found a family of Burros that the kids got to see and pet. Not a bad day

grumpy88

Reaction score
I'd be willing to spend an afternoon this winter or spring to make the FJB version of Let's Go Brandon if anyone else is interested?
I would too . Sounds like fun . Even though we moved to Henderson i would still enjoy it . And as a side note the 95 from Needles to Vidal junction is just as scary !