WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Richie is laid up..........

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Wishing you a speedy recovery Rich. You can still type can't ya? :D

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Get well soon...no wonder everyone has been so moody lately.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Get well soon RR!

Raquel wants you to feel better too!
s-l1600.jpg

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I am now home after getting a broken heel bone surgically repaired. I lost my balance and some how hit the back of my heel on some bricks on a brick planter. Went to urgent care and they took some x-rays and it was determined that I broke my heel bone and possibly ruptured my Achilles tendon.

Urgent care advised that I should immediately go to Henry Mayo hospital and have the orthopedic surgeon prepare for an emergency surgery. I hated being in there since you are not allowed to have any visitors. They made me take the COViD test which came back negative. I had surgery yesterday and did not rupture my Achilles Tendon. In the picture below you can see the tendon is still attached to part of the broken heel bone.

Thankfully the surgery went well and now having to learn to use crutches all over again and am waiting for my friend to let me borrow his knee scooter which should help with being mobile.

100941345_10217162482755471_2014571134791450624_o.jpg

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Sucks getting old. Hope you have some good pills.

charlyox

Reaction score
GODDAMN Richie. You really did a number on it. I hope you have a speedy recovery. Maybe ol RD can give you some tips. Take care man.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Well,was going to suggest ReRuns of RR morning threads,but good you home.Get thru this like you always do. 👍

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I had an indent in my heel that looks just like the bone. That's when I knew something was wrong. :)

GODDAMN Richie. You really did a number on it. I hope you have a speedy recovery. Maybe ol RD can give you some tips. Take care man.

DB / HAV

Reaction score
The mornings haven’t been the same without you. Hope you get well quickly!

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that you gonna be off your foot for a while. Keep it together on the home front, hoping for a good recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I am now home after getting a broken heel bone surgically repaired. I lost my balance and some how hit the back of my heel on some bricks on a brick planter. Went to urgent care and they took some x-rays and it was determined that I broke my heel bone and possibly ruptured my Achilles tendon.

Urgent care advised that I should immediately go to Henry Mayo hospital and have the orthopedic surgeon prepare for an emergency surgery. I hated being in there since you are not allowed to have any visitors. They made me take the COViD test which came back negative. I had surgery yesterday and did not rupture my Achilles Tendon. In the picture below you can see the tendon is still attached to part of the broken heel bone.

Thankfully the surgery went well and now having to learn to use crutches all over again and am waiting for my friend to let me borrow his knee scooter which should help with being mobile.

This all sounds Very painful!!!

Sorry to hear this. Hope you heal up quick!!!

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Damn...looks like it was painful...Watch it on the opioids they can clog you up...

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Thankfully I am on the road to recovery although I think it will be a slow drive. The surgeon put a splint on it for now to let the swelling go down. I have an appointment with him on Monday to take the splint off and cast my foot. I think it will be easier to deal with once the cast is on. I cannot put any weight on it and should be getting my knee scooter today which should help me being mobile. Crutches suck.

Thanks again everyone for the well wishes, It means a lot to me and my wife.

waterboy

PONTOON MEMBER
Reaction score
6205D5F0-F75F-41FD-B34E-E2B3470E6C87.jpeg
the crutches are difficult, borrowed a knee scooter and what a difference, cruise around now. They are putting me in a regular cast next Thursday
Thankfully I am on the road to recovery although I think it will be a slow drive. The surgeon put a splint on it for now to let the swelling go down. I have an appointment with him on Monday to take the splint off and cast my foot. I think it will be easier to deal with once the cast is on. I cannot put any weight on it and should be getting my knee scooter today which should help me being mobile. Crutches suck.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
The latest update on my broken heel situation. I had my appointment with the orthopedic surgeon on Tues, July 21st to take an x-ray and determine if the bone has healed to start physical therapy. The x-ray revealed that the bone is healed, however, one of the screws that holds the bone together is backing out and it needs to be removed before I can start physical therapy.

Because of this, the I'm scheduled to have surgery on Aug 3rd at the surgery center to remove the screws. The surgeon says I need to get COVID tested 3 days before the surgery.

I can finally start physical therapy after the stitches are removed from this surgery.

4Waters

Reaction score
The latest update on my broken heel situation. I had my appointment with the orthopedic surgeon on Tues, July 21st to take an x-ray and determine if the bone has healed to start physical therapy. The x-ray revealed that the bone is healed, however, one of the screws that holds the bone together is backing out and it needs to be removed before I can start physical therapy.

Because of this, the I'm scheduled to have surgery on Aug 3rd at the surgery center to remove the screws. The surgeon says I need to get COVID tested 3 days before the surgery.

I can finally start physical therapy after the stitches are removed from this surgery.
It's ok RR we already knew you had a screw loose 🤣🤣