WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ridiculous Vaccine System

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I'm not one to break rules when it comes to waiting my turn . . . I hate dickheads who work angles to cut in line.
My Pops is 89 and asked me to schedule him for the vaccine . . . I applied to no less than 6 different sites . . . all of which are the biggest joke.
Meanwhile his bros have said, "Oh I just showed up and got one, another hebrew couple made a huge stink at a local hospital till they basically just said, "here's your shot get the fuck out of here".
I finally got him an appointment for Mid April . . . jeezuz.
So I just called CVS for shits & giggles . . .they said, "We have an opening this sunday at 1:00 if you'd like" . . . .
How can there be so many people in government who are so bad at their jobs? . . . it's like the dumbest people in society end up being in charge.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
and there are people out there who think the guberment should be in charge of healthcare. glad you got your pops figured out.

NicPaus

Reaction score
GF Mom had a problem trying for weeks to get 1. She called for her and set it up few days later. System is screwed up for sure. I thought it was open to all now. Sister hit me up last night if I wanted 1. Never thought about it as I figured it was only for the elderly. Turns out a lot of people my age and younger I know already got the vaccine.

Reactions: DWC

traquer

Reaction score
Is it only these public sites and corporate joints like CVS that have the vaccine? No local clinics or urgent cares haves it?? (One of the vaccines doesn't need to be kept super cold so anyone should be able to stock that)

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
A lot has to do with the supply vs demand. I'm betting in the next few months it won't be as much of a cluster backlog.
My attorney's wife tried daily for weeks to find an appointment to no avail. So he just tried a random CVS nearby and locked it in for them both in one try. Lol, his wife was like wtf?🤨
Totally hit-n-miss at this point still.

2Driver

Reaction score
Whos in charge of crime
Whos in charge of education
Whos in charge of jails
Whos in charge of balancing a budget
Who in charge of infrastructure
Whos in charge of healthcare
Whos in charge of Drug enforcement
Whos in charge of border security

....and you expected a smooth experience?

500bbc

Reaction score
Whos in charge of crime
Whos in charge of education
Whos in charge of jails
Whos in charge of balancing a budget
Who in charge of infrastructure
Whos in charge of healthcare
Whos in charge of Drug enforcement
Whos in charge of border security

....and you expected a smooth experience?
You forgot, who's the "president"?

DLC

Reaction score
I think it’s a complete joke!

trying to get my dad (79 on 3/9 ) Covid test took 3 days drove thru the local clinco Mexico ( public health clinic) and they said they are not taking on any more patients

called CVS all they say is go on line, tried 10 different times on cvs and finally told the wife to take a crack at it and.... nuttin!

finally said F it we’re headed to a super duper test station at the local college and pack a lunch And wait....

out of frustration tried CVS website one more time and got it, made an appointment! And it’s for a test not the vaccine!

could they make it any harder......

HCP3

Reaction score
I'm not one to break rules when it comes to waiting my turn . . . I hate dickheads who work angles to cut in line.
My Pops is 89 and asked me to schedule him for the vaccine . . . I applied to no less than 6 different sites . . . all of which are the biggest joke.
Meanwhile his bros have said, "Oh I just showed up and got one, another hebrew couple made a huge stink at a local hospital till they basically just said, "here's your shot get the fuck out of here".
So I just called CVS for shits & giggles . . .they said, "We have an opening this sunday at 1:00 if you'd like" . . . .
How can there be so many people in government who are so bad at their jobs? . . . it's like the dumbest people in society end up being in charge.

It used to be that the gov just ran the DMV and did a shit job at it. Now they run everything and do a shit job at it.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
You forgot, who's the "president"?

These vaccine roll out processes were being developed 10-12 months ago. Trump was in office. Just saying.

In actuality, they got little direction from the federal movement which they should have. It was left up to the states, and the states passed it on to the counties. Some counties are better than others.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
Try your county website for both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, I'm visiting up near Lake Tahoe and just made my apt up here for next week.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
There's no consequences for poor performance in the utopian world of governmental employment
Understatement of the year. It is damn near impossible to get fired if you’re in the higher levels. I know of someone with multiple disciplinary actions against them. Instead of firing them the gov took away their direct reports, pulled their responsibility, and sent them to “work” from home. Same pay, just blacklisted. Now what the gov does is hire someone else for this person’s job, while having a person at home. Lol it’s a joke.

PlanB

Reaction score
My mom is in her 70's and is a cancer survivor. She has been trying to line up the vaccine to no avail. The state announced today that they are holding back 40% of the vaccines for the most effected areas, but when you look at the actual policy they are also factoring income and education level. WTF do those two factors have to do with this virus and vaccine? The libs from Newsome on down are pandering the their base, and if some wealthier white people die, oh well. Fuck this state!

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
My mom is in her 70's and is a cancer survivor. She has been trying to line up the vaccine to no avail. The state announced today that they are holding back 40% of the vaccines for the most effected areas, but when you look at the actual policy they are also factoring income and education level. WTF do those two factors have to do with this virus and vaccine? The libs from Newsome on down are pandering the their base, and if some wealthier white people die, oh well. Fuck this state!

Yeah the way they have it structured is pretty stupid. They just barley said school teachers and grocery workers can get it. They should have been part of phase 1 with the health care workers. IMO

Well maybe just the grocery workers, the teachers IMO are not doing a good job teaching from home, even if it is something new. At least in my kids school district.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score

What's a "hebrew couple" and why does it matter?

Asking why the government is so bad is like asking why is the sky blue. Do you ask why Californians continue voting for Democrats? Do you ask why anyone voted for Joe Biden?

PlanB

Reaction score
Yeah the way they have it structured is pretty stupid. They just barley said school teachers and grocery workers can get it. They should have been part of phase 1 with the health care workers. IMO

Well maybe just the grocery workers, the teachers IMO are not doing a good job teaching from home, even if it is something new. At least in my kids school district.

Down here in San Diego cops were not even in phase 1. It's all politics...

Taboma

Reaction score
I think it’s a complete joke!

trying to get my dad (79 on 3/9 ) Covid test took 3 days drove thru the local clinco Mexico ( public health clinic) and they said they are not taking on any more patients

called CVS all they say is go on line, tried 10 different times on cvs and finally told the wife to take a crack at it and.... nuttin!

finally said F it we’re headed to a super duper test station at the local college and pack a lunch And wait....

out of frustration tried CVS website one more time and got it, made an appointment! And it’s for a test not the vaccine!

could they make it any harder......

Did you get an appointment for your dad ?

I was struggling a week ago, but this week it's been fairly easy to find an appointment at the drive-in super center at the Del Mar Fairgrounds.
I'm waiting now until we do our next Havasu trip, don't want to risk any adverse side effects until we get back.

I just checked Del Mar --- starting here --- https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/cont...unity_epidemiology/dc/2019-nCoV/vaccines.html

Here's what was just shown to be available for Monday 3-8, @ Del Mar. I was looking more at Drive In, just to avoid standing in lines with possible sick people.
Figured I'd be safer in my truck.

COVID vaccination at Del Mar FG.JPG

500bbc

Reaction score
These vaccine roll out processes were being developed 10-12 months ago. Trump was in office. Just saying.

In actuality, they got little direction from the federal movement which they should have. It was left up to the states, and the states passed it on to the counties. Some counties are better than others.
That's not what Jao would tell you if asked, he's the 'Turd savior...

JDKRXW

Reaction score
. . .

Haha; this made me think of George Carlin's saying......
'Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.'

JDKRXW

Reaction score
Personally, I think there's ONE way to make this system fair for everyone who wants a vaccination.
It's a fact that the older you are, the worse your possible outcome can be if you catch C19.....
If I was in charge, I'd use one pool of the entire population..... start vaccinating the oldest people and work backwards to the youngest.....and this one pool would include everyone, first responders, illegal immigrants, prisoners....everyone. Period.
End of story.

Last edited:

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
One of the secrets to getting the vaccine is hanging out at vaccine centers right as they are doing the last shots for people. Sometimes they don't want to give the last couple people a shot if it means opening a new vial because it means wasting a 5 shot vial on less than 5 people. At that point you flag someone down and tell them you'll take one of them and they are happy to not waste the vial.

I've seen cases where they didn't want to open a new vial for the last couple people and try to get them to come back the next day and not give them the shot when they are there. But typically people resist that and they are forced to give them the shots.

So it sounds like there is some waste of good shots due to breaking into a new vial when there's not enough folks left to empty it.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Have not read entire thread,but i will contribute this. Yesterday 3/3/21 appointment at 11am Lake Havasu City Medical Center. Appointments set up with just 2 phone calls and easy Email instructions.Wife and myself arrived at 10:30am for check in and scheduled 11am vaccination. Out the door finished 11:20am. Incredible organized well done experience. Wife ok today (she ok everyday no matter what). I feel fine. LHC Medical pumping Moderna. Far as i’m concerned LHC Medical,just like everything else in Havasu, OUTSTANDING.

traquer

Reaction score
I get mine tomorrow though Kaiser
Don't wanna derail the thread but get out of Kaiser and into a PPO when you can. I've heard too many horror stories to even begin to count. Health is wealth, you ain't shit without health. Don't leave something like that up to Kaiser to save a few hundred bucks a month. Ok please continue lol

JDKRXW

Reaction score
Don't wanna derail the thread but get out of Kaiser and into a PPO when you can. I've heard too many horror stories to even begin to count. Health is wealth, you ain't shit without health. Don't leave something like that up to Kaiser to save a few hundred bucks a month. Ok please continue lol

...... and here we go. :)

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I’ve had good and bad experiences with Kaiser. I don’t know if I’ve said it on here before but when my first son was born there was an emergency. In the hurry of trying to get my wife fixed up they closed her up with a metal piece inside. It moved towards her heart and they had to rush her into emergency surgery opening up the can section they had closed the day before. Fucking awful...

traquer

Reaction score
I’ve had good and bad experiences with Kaiser. I don’t know if I’ve said it on here before but when my first son was born there was an emergency. In the hurry of trying to get my wife fixed up they closed her up with a metal piece inside. It moved towards her heart and they had to rush her into emergency surgery opening up the can section they had closed the day before. Fucking awful...
They've left a piece inside my dad's business partner's wife.. My dad tore his ACL skiing and they sent him home with no MRI and told him to put ice on it.. Dad's client went in complaining of dizziness and they sent him home with some meds, massive stroke the next day. I could go on

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
They've left a piece inside my dad's business partner's wife.. My dad tore his ACL skiing and they sent him home with no MRI and told him to put ice on it.. Dad's client went in complaining of dizziness and they sent him home with some meds, massive stroke the next day. I could go on
That’s there MO. They don’t fix problems they throw drugs at them. I’ve had a script for norcos since I was 18. (Shoulders, knees, crohns) Monthly fill of 90. I’m 33 now. When the pain becomes unbearable they’ll try surgery. Sorry for the de rail. I’m good at that

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
My little pharmacy in Sam Dimas were giving out shots the other day to peeps 65 and older. There was a line till 3, and they still giving shots till 6pm