WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rigging twins

Trevor

Reaction score
Currently have a 22 eliminator daytona with a single 300xs. Curious, if i were to buy another 300xs, what would the rest cost to do? Approximately speaking. For the rigging and another jack plate and wiring and all that hoopla.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Currently have a 22 eliminator daytona with a single 300xs. Curious, if i were to buy another 300xs, what would the rest cost to do? Approximately speaking. For the rigging and another jack plate and wiring and all that hoopla.

It would be cheaper to sell it and by a 22 already with twins............there are not many made, I have one, 4 were built. I would ballpark $10,000 beyond the cost of the engine.............many more things besides what you mentioned have to be done..........transom bracing, redo the dash for additional gauges and the wiring that goes with it, re-plumb the fuel system, additional trim sending units, and with twins you will have to add trim tabs or its not going to come on plane, new shifter, new split throttle, then steering plates, tie bar, upgrade to latham side ram steering is important since you are going to be in a 120 mph boat now, and a counter rotating lower if the second engine you buy didnt come with one, the list is long.

At the end of the day it would be worth it, mine is the most fun you can have with your clothes on. The acceleration from 35 mph to 110 mph is ridiculous. Its a drivers boat, it will bite you if you dont pay attention, Of the four built two of them have been flipped.

IMG_2906.JPG

Photo May 19, 8 41 37 PM.jpg

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
And if its the older style 22 with the single wrap windshield it does not work as well. The new style 22 hull was designed with input from Paul (aka bullhead bully) and is night and day a better boat then the old style. I have had both, the old style with 260's was a handfull, lots of hop issues, hard to get it settled down. The new style bottom is night and day a better boat, it just works.

Trevor

Reaction score
That was a lot of good information. Thank you sir! I do already struggle with the hop, the boat likes some chop to set super nice through a certain speed, so i get that. All of that kinda gives me an answer for that. I just feel as if the single 300 on this boat is just getting the hull to start having fun once its at top speed. Coming from a 21 cougar with a 300x that motor was all you needed to get your adrenaline moving. This boat handles 1000x better than the 21, but i just want a little more all around power. Maybe a 400r?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
That was a lot of good information. Thank you sir! I do already struggle with the hop, the boat likes some chop to set super nice through a certain speed, so i get that. All of that kinda gives me an answer for that. I just feel as if the single 300 on this boat is just getting the hull to start having fun once its at top speed. Coming from a 21 cougar with a 300x that motor was all you needed to get your adrenaline moving. This boat handles 1000x better than the 21, but i just want a little more all around power. Maybe a 400r?

New one Eliminator did with a 400 ran 94.

Trevor

Reaction score
Hmm, it’d be tough to spend the money on the upgrade for under 10 mph. Guess maybe selling and buying twins is the only answer! Thank you!