WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rik at Arneson Drives

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I've never met you. I am curious why you are soooo sensitive about an accident that happened 15 years ago? It was an accident, correct?

I know Dale, previous owner of 30 Skater "Prototype", VERY well. To the best of my knowledge Dale has never lied to me about anything. Dale knows the Delta better than anyone I know. He knows boats incredibly well also.

I wasn't there 15 years ago when the Big Cat accident happened. I've heard various stories as to what happened, including what Dale has told me.
Can you please tell us what happened that day?

Thanks

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I will be very interested to hear Riks side of the "story" on what happened during the Big Cat accident.

Reactions: DWC

Tank

Reaction score
Here, read this -

Hey Rik, you’re a Fuckin scum bag scammer piece of shit that’s lying about an accident that happened 15 years ago because you want to avoid any responsibility through arneson, the company you worked for at the time, had a failure in their product causing a rollover. Let it go man. You’re washed the fuck up and your names mud in this industry. You’re one step above National marine, Tim from OCM, etc.

Instead of coming on here with Ticky tack bullshit dispute over Symantec’s how about you concentrate on getting the (at least) 4 people that have been trying to get big money back from you (see thread below).

For the record Saw the aerial pics the day it happened showing frame by frame the arneson coming off. I don’t need to hash out a crash that happened 15 years ago involving someone I consider a friend and can call and get details to back up what I saw at any time. Can’t say the same for you since Dale won’t talk to you any more because you’re a piece of shit. Oh wait I do believe he sent you a text today telling you to fuck off, so I guess there is a little communication there. LOL

go crawl back under the rock you were hiding from douche bag.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
popcorn.gif

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
What are you talking about?

RD

Didn't want to clutter the Delta boat accident thread. Attempting to ask Rik what his side of the story is from Dales accident in 30 Skater Prototype 15 years ago at Big Cat Poker Run. Not a call out, just asking questions. I am going to guess that Rik won't reply to these questions. Arnesons can and do fail. I'm FAR, FAR, FAR from an expert. There was a very clear reason Dale converted Prototype from a badass Sterling powered arneson drives boat to outboards several years ago. The Sterling power was incredible, ran 150mph + and that was only 800hp per side.
Hopefully we all get to hear Riks side of the story. I know what I heard from Dale & I believe that to be the truth. I've promised Dale several times I will not share what he has told me about that accident. It cost Dale a TON of money.

Duramax

Reaction score
Here, read this -

Hey Rik, you’re a Fuckin scum bag scammer piece of shit that’s lying about an accident that happened 15 years ago because you want to avoid any responsibility through arneson, the company you worked for at the time, had a failure in their product causing a rollover. Let it go man. You’re washed the fuck up and your names mud in this industry. You’re one step above National marine, Tim from OCM, etc.

Instead of coming on here with Ticky tack bullshit dispute over Symantec’s how about you concentrate on getting the (at least) 4 people that have been trying to get big money back from you (see thread below).

For the record Saw the aerial pics the day it happened showing frame by frame the arneson coming off. I don’t need to hash out a crash that happened 15 years ago involving someone I consider a friend and can call and get details to back up what I saw at any time. Can’t say the same for you since Dale won’t talk to you any more because you’re a piece of shit. Oh wait I do believe he sent you a text today telling you to fuck off, so I guess there is a little communication there. LOL

go crawl back under the rock you were hiding from douche bag.
Damn!!!!!! Let's get to it! With the amount of people I hear he owes, I was surprised to see him surface (see what I did there).

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
I would not purchase anything from his or his wife's companies due to ongoing practices.
Howard would be ashamed of his antics.
Almost like Cobra Power in the days.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I am far from any kind of big gun. I can afford gas in the boat, thats about it.
Have you seen the price of gas!

I had just seen this Skater a week ago...in fact me and my son kind of circled it on the ski (I'm currently lower than jet boat owner...). It was a beautiful boat! When I read last night it was converted to outboards it blew me away. It also surprised me the boat was as old as talked about.

I have great respect for the builders of the boat's various incarnations, as well as the owner that did it. I feel really bad for the current owner, not so much for the loss of the boat though as for the loss of life. Even expensive things, are just "things".

Duramax

Reaction score
I would not purchase anything from his or his wife's companies due to ongoing practices.
Howard would be ashamed of his antics.
Almost like Cobra Power in the days.
She had Aero Marine, correct? Windshields? I heard stories.

I also spoke to a gentlemen who has a 29' Force with single Arneson, and I had asked him if he knew the history of his boat, which he did. (If anyone has 20min, go to OSO and into Force Offshore owners group room). He said that he spoke to Rik and he has been making parts for sometime now. I found that odd because of all the people looking for product from him.

Tank

Reaction score
That one accident actually set off a chain of accidents, pretty scary shit.

Yep. And I’ll double down. Because RD said my original post on the other thread sounded like I eluded there was a failure in the arneson. I was eluding it. But I’ll
Make it clear.

There was a failure on the drive. It fell
The fuck off the boat. I have the pictures. There was no sand bar or other bullshit Rik’s fuckin lying about.

Tank

Reaction score
I don’t like being called out. Especially when I’m right. And doubly so when it’s by a scum bag scamming liar that most on here don’t know the history about. Felt it my duty to set that shit straight. I try to bring relevant factual information boating or otherwise. I think most know I don’t get involved in drama and try to be non Confrontational in debates or discussions.

But fuck that guy.

Last edited:

DaveH

Reaction score
Yep. And I’ll double down. Because RD said my original post on the other thread sounded like I eluded there was a failure in the arneson. I was eluding it. But I’ll
Make it clear.

The fuck off the boat. I have the pictures. There was no sand bar or other bullshit Rik’s fuckin lying about.
i don't know Rik or have a dog in this fight, but when you say the drive "fell off" can you elaborate more on this? because there are many of these drives out there and I haven't heard of another incident of this nature. I am wondering if improper installation, maybe fatigue or other factors were at play here.

Tank

Reaction score
i don't know Rik or have a dog in this fight, but when you say the drive "fell off" can you elaborate more on this? because there are many of these drives out there and I haven't heard of another incident of this nature. I am wondering if improper installation, maybe fatigue or other factors were at play here.

Possibly. I can’t really elaborate on the cause of the failure. Only that it failed. Photos I saw the bolts sheered off. And for the record wasn't the last problem he had with it. Frankly I have Dales blessing to post what I’ve posted but I don’t want to delve into the tid bits of it.

I can say Rik Had some liability in that roll over. But Dale was a stand up guy and didn’t fuck him.

Last edited:

Your ad here

Reaction score
I did a little research on OSO. I can't quite figure out why there is a lot of tension with this Rik guy.

Backlash

Reaction score
I'm here before the lock! Pass the popcorn please.

Reactions: DWC

Singleton

Reaction score
What is shocking is someone decided to post about an accident that occurred over 15 years about a hull that no longer has those products. IMO, @Tank response was respectful to that thread why saying the same hull had an accident in the past. The other guys was a complete ass in his response and should of never posted that BS in the original thread.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Ok, I have never run Arnesons, never had a boat that could effectively utilize them, but think they're pretty darn cool. Those that have been around them, question for you. Do they run multiple bearings or a bushing setup to support the prop shift? Not that I'm saying this was the reason for any accident or failure, but could the shaft seize in the housing?
I've seized the main shift in a 1ton Dodge doing 70...it locked up all 4 rears and slid it's happy ass off the road. I know they make whirl-aways and jet-aways if the motor seizes up. What would happen if the prop shift seizes at throttle, on plane?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Ok, I have never run Arnesons, never had a boat that could effectively utilize them, but think they're pretty darn cool. Those that have been around them, question for you. Do they run multiple bearings or a bushing setup to support the prop shift? Not that I'm saying this was the reason for any accident or failure, but could the shaft seize in the housing?
I've seized the main shift in a 1ton Dodge doing 70...it locked up all 4 rears and slid it's happy ass off the road. I know they make whirl-aways and jet-aways if the motor seizes up. What would happen if the prop shift seizes at throttle, on plane?

I read the entire thread over there.
Apparently this Rik character is somehow the vendor for the lower model Arnsone drives?
Like a 7 model or lower?
I don’t know, I can’t afford a prop for one of those things.
But there is a slew of folks talking 5 to 7 figures that they paid him and are out every penny.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
This call out thread came on hot and heavy and then kind of shit the bed. Is there any chance this Rik dude was banging on a deck boat in front of Fox's?

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Big Arensons are now (not the Bravo conversations) part of Twin Disc if I remember.
Parts are now lumber prices.

Last edited:

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
This call out thread came on hot and heavy and then kind of shit the bed. Is there any chance this Rik dude was banging on a deck boat in front of Fox's?

I seriously doubt Rik will give us his story, he knows the truth......

skater40

Reaction score
Make it clear.

I was there and saw the whole incident take place.A Cleveis broke on the tie bar,the boat hooked and ran OVER the boat next to him on his right and t boned Dave Stones Nortec ,throwing both Dale and Rik in the water right next to my boat.It caused a chain reaction of other boats thinking it was time to go and another boat ran up the back side of a boat that slowed due to the cluster fuck.
When Rik and Dave surfaced and appeared to be ok , I left before someone could run into me.
Tanks post is 100 % right on.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
It caused a chain reaction of other boats thinking it was time to go and another boat ran up the back side of a boat that slowed due to the cluster fuck.
The boat that got run over was my friends. One of my buddies sitting in the back seat almost got his dome lobbed off by a prop. Look at the prop and skeg marks.

IMG_2337.JPG

IMG_2338.JPG

IMG_2340.JPG

IMG_2342.JPG

Dalton

Reaction score