WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rinker flotilla

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I see them on the lake all the time. Surely I cant be the only one on the board that has one. They may not be real sexy but they are a pretty darn nice day boat for Havasu. They ride well, have tons of storage and are pretty spacious. It's kind of like having a pontoon without actually having to admit that you have a pontoon. 😁

PaPaG

Reaction score
That was my favorite family boat. We had one and are looking for another one. I wish I never sold mine.

4Waters

Reaction score
I see them on the lake all the time. Surely I cant be the only one on the board that has one. They may not be real sexy but they are a pretty darn nice day boat for Havasu. They ride well, have tons of storage and are pretty spacious. It's kind of like having a pontoon without actually having to admit that you have a pontoon. 😁
I was just looking at those, kind of a cross between a deck and a pontoon.

RodnJen

Reaction score
My dad had one for several year and really enjoyed it. They camped on Powell a couple of years for ten days at a time with it.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Don't have a Rinker, but I have a Chapparrel 210 Deck boat. Tons of room, would like a 252.

wallnutz

Reaction score
In 2009 I tried to buy a 290 Cruiser from a bank. Had a deal pretty much penciled out, but then the flooring company stepped in and crushed the deal. That boat and two others sat out and rotted away in a dirt lot in south Phoenix.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Don't have a Rinker, but I have a Chapparrel 210 Deck boat. Tons of room, would like a 252.
Mines a 24" and the family loves it. It handles the Havasu afternoon chop without any drama and I've had up to 14 people on board (yeah it's getting cramped at that point), and I guess it's pretty fast for a big old tuna boat. With a mildly breathed on 350 it will still do almost 50 with a light load.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
With a good load it will hit 45 . Just the wife and i and the right prop, I have seen 50-55 if you trust the Speedo. It does most things ok to well. I will probably die with this boat.

wzuber

Reaction score
anybody have a pic or 2? you make them sound interesting.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
That was my favorite family boat. We had one and are looking for another one. I wish I never sold mine.

Here's your For Sale thread posted on May 6, 2011...

1998 24' Rinker Flotilla lll, 5.7 merc, 250hp, Under 250 hours, Bravo 3 drive, twin ss blades, 44-47mph, bimini, seats 9-10+, New Starter, Full Service, Marine shop Inspected and replaced anything that was needed last week. More recent work, Carb rebuild, new Fuel pump, new water pump, Shift bellows, Shift cable, thermostat, rotor kit, gimbal bearing, new u joints bellows....to much to list.

Boat off trailer hull cleaning, buffing, polishing, waxing, interior scrub and what ever else the detail shop could do...inside and out...trailer as well...boat looks amazing...

Just spent $2700 this last week on getting it ready for the season...

Great boat, runs excellent, great fuel economy...handles lake mead and havasu rough amazing well...

16k obo...

caribbean20

Reaction score
anybody have a pic or 2? you make them sound interesting.
Don’t have a picture handy but think Sea Ray and you’ll get the picture. Friend has a brand new Rinker 38’ Express Cruiser that we keep in a slip at Powell. More relaxed boating than what we grew up with, jets, V-drives etc. I really appreciate the Mercruiser joy stick with SkyHook. Makes docking a breeze even in the wind.

wzuber

Reaction score
geeezz guys...you know the drill.....pix or it aint real. :)

707dog

Reaction score
always thought they were a good looking party barge, rinker makes a good boat alot of people never heard of them. the flotilla was on my search list when looking for a family station wagonjust not many for sale and the one that was it was roasted. the sunestas, sundecks,funship...ect even the larger open bows boast about the same amenities and seating capacity. the sunestas and funships were on my shortlist but settled on a openbow 250 horizon.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
always thought they were a good looking party barge, rinker makes a good boat alot of people never heard of them. the flotilla was on my search list when looking for a family station wagonjust not many for sale and the one that was it was roasted. the sunestas, sundecks,funship...ect even the larger open bows boast about the same amenities and seating capacity. the sunestas and funships were on my shortlist but settled on a openbow 250 horizon.

Rinker is a popular boat back East. They are the oldest boat manufacturer in the U.S. and were family owned until the late 90's - early 2000's. They are most noted for the smaller more affordable yacht's but they did make some smaller sport boats too. They kind of straddle the line between a custom built and a mass produced cookie cutter boat. The Flotilla that we are talking about in this thread has it's own interesting history. When the family sold the business (to Brunswick I think) the daughter kept the rights to produce the Flotilla line and tried to make a go of it on her own but for what ever reason just couldn't get any traction and finally abandoned the project. Later when Tritoon's started to become popular there were lawsuits against some manufacturers for patent infringements but I don't know if any of them had a successful outcome.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I have a Flotilla III, big tri-hull/"Flipper Boat" with pontoon fencing. I believe it is a 95? 350 with an Alpha. I stuck the motor early last season, and was going to fix over winter. Well, didn't happen. This winter she's coming into the shop for the winter. The flooring on the early ones is carpeted plywood, and gets spongy in places. Going to have to redo a lot on the boat, but still cheaper than anything newer. With a mild 350 and nothing special, she would run along at 37 with 5 adults, 4 kids and 3 dogs...and 2 coolers, an easy up and chairs. Not a rocket, but handled chop on Havasu and the river real nice. Of course, my other boat slaps hard in chop, being a fairly low profile hull (21ft Commander open bow jet). It doesn't take much to ride nicer to me.

707dog

Reaction score
Rinker is a popular boat back East. They are the oldest boat manufacturer in the U.S. and were family owned until the late 90's - early 2000's. They are most noted for the smaller more affordable yacht's but they did make some smaller sport boats too. They kind of straddle the line between a custom built and a mass produced cookie cutter boat. The Flotilla that we are talking about in this thread has it's own interesting history. When the family sold the business (to Brunswick I think) the daughter kept the rights to produce the Flotilla line and tried to make a go of it on her own but for what ever reason just couldn't get any traction and finally abandoned the project. Later when Tritoon's started to become popular there were lawsuits against some manufacturers for patent infringements but I don't know if any of them had a successful outcome.
cool history line i didn't know about. in 2001 i bought rinker captiva 190 got it in a divorce sale to flip it and actually liked it the fit and finish was very nice ,rode nice kept it for 2 summers much better ride than the 19 tahiti jet i had

** sorry OP for getting off track of your thread

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I am interested in purchasing a 24 Flotilla as a second boat. If anybody has a line on one, please let me know!

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I am interested in purchasing a 24 Flotilla as a second boat. If anybody has a line on one, please let me know!
If I can ever find a 26' one for sale you can buy mine. The 26 is pretty rare but that's the one that I really want.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Any chance you have a link? I can't seem to find it.

It went pending.......:(:(

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
It went pending.......:(:(

That's probably about the right price for the boat if it included the trailer but like you said it's pending so it really doesn't matter.
One of these days I'll find the right one. Or win the lottery and step up my game.

Sbarry

Reaction score

One of my close friends dad has a 26 with a 502. We ran it out to Catalina yearssss back. Can’t believe how well it did.

Not sure he’d ever sell tho. Just sits in storage at Campbell’s.

Dizaff

Reaction score
I have a 01 Rinker Flotilla. Can you advise where and how many bilge pumps it has?

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I have a 01 Rinker Flotilla. Can you advise where and how many bilge pumps it has?
It should have three different pumps. One for each hull section. One will be in the engine bay, the other two will be under a small access panel on each of the outboard sponsons. The panels are aft , one on each side of the engine.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Let's not forget the Bayliner Rendezvous as long as we're talking about some of the cooler oddities that are out there
Screenshot_20230821_213715_Google.jpg

Last edited:

Dizaff

Reaction score
It should have three different pumps. One for each hull section. One will be in the engine bay, the other two will be under a small access panel on each of the outboard sponsons. The panels are aft , one on each side of the engine.
Any videos out there of how a guy who is 6'4"" is supposed to get to them? Or any video at all of someone changing theirs?