WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rio Buena Vista Homes

73Spectra

Reaction score
I was looking for a river house and there are a few for sale in the Rio Buena Vista area of Needles. Any thoughts on this area? Crime? HOA nightmares? Here is the link for the home. Seems to be a little over built for the area. Thoughts?

Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
I was looking for a river house and there are a few for sale in the Rio Buena Vista area of Needles. Any thoughts on this area? Crime? HOA nightmares? Here is the link for the home. Seems to be a little over built for the area. Thoughts?

@Bigbore500r can probably give you the details, his pad is 50 yards away,
IMO It’s a little overbuilt for not being on the water. I believe it was $799k at one point. Looks like a nice pad from the street. Never looked like it got much use. We’ve rented quite a few places in RBV. Personally, i really like the community. Never had an issue with anyone messing with our stuff. Very close to Needles Marina. Down the street from Jack Smith.

73Spectra

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight. I am driving down today to take a look at it. I don’t believe RBV has its own boat launches but it looks like a nice community.

wishiknew

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight. I am driving down today to take a look at it. I don’t believe RBV has its own boat launches but it looks like a nice community.
look across the river at Marina Coves much more bang for your buck and they have a ramp

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

Hello

Its a great community, we have been there for 6 years now. Great sense of community, feels like a resort when you are there. Neighbors are friendly, the entire neighborhood is alike a huge "loop" with one way in / out. Kids can cruise the golf carts around without much worry., golf carts are usually the biggest dispute....somebody's kid is always accused of driving too fast lol. Parents enforce pretty well. You can cruise around the neighborhood with a cocktail without much worry. We absolutely love it there.

There is no launch ramp, but Needles marina is right next door with a brand new ramp, fuel dock and slips. Jack Smith is also 1/4 mile away further down the road.

There is rarely an issue with crime, there was a string of petty theft a few years back that was traced to some 14 year old juvies that were busted shortly thereafter.

Here are the key things the neighborhood offers, that I dont see across the river.....
  1. Beaches! Huge stretches of sandy beaches across the entire front of the community, I believe 5 or so in total. Each beach is a few hundred feet long, most are protected by a rock jetty so you can get 20-30' out before the river current starts flowing. Great for kids, beaching boats, hanging out, etc.
  2. It's right on the golf course as well. This is pretty cool when the weather is cooler.
  3. There's a full hookup RV campground within walking distance, for when you have guests with RV's come up to stay with you for the weekend. We have people do this all the time when we need "overflow". There is also usually a decent supply of neighbors homes that are willing to rent to you, if you have friends that want to go that route. Since you are in the "cul-de-sac" neighborhood, all the houses are close and no worries getting to / from the neighbors when partying.
  4. Regarding partying - its all at a respectful level. I've never had a issue with neighbors being out of control, and i'd say its calm for the most part. Holiday weekends get busy. It's all good
HOA is $96 a month. They crack down on the "manufactured homes" in regard to landscape violations, architectural violations (feux logs. along roofs must stay...), etc. They don't really mess with the stick framed houses, and many of the stick framed houses are in the HOA by choice, so they have pool access. Other than that, the HOA is pretty cool, and the area stays looking nice.

There are 2 trailer parking lots and a few other reserve parking lots for what doesn't fit in your driveway, which is nice when you have people over. You aren't supposed to leave vehicles parked in the street.

The only issue that the community faces is the sewers - The city of Needles and the RBV HOA are in a battle to get Needles to take over the sewer system. That is an ongoing issue the HOA is handling, not resolved yet. For now it is maintained by the HOA and cleaned monthly I believe

The house you are looking at is probably the most elaborate in the community save for maybe one of the waterfront ones. It has been for sale for a long time. Alot of house for the money but being that it isn't on the water, I'd say check out one of the pre-man houses with a big RV garage for $250k and put the other 250k in your bank! Depends on how much house you want.

PM me if you want to talk about anything, be happy to give info 👍

DWC

Reaction score
Hello

Its a great community, we have been there for 6 years now. Great sense of community, feels like a resort when you are there. Neighbors are friendly, the entire neighborhood is alike a huge "loop" with one way in / out. Kids can cruise the golf carts around without much worry., golf carts are usually the biggest dispute....somebody's kid is always accused of driving too fast lol. Parents enforce pretty well. You can cruise around the neighborhood with a cocktail without much worry. We absolutely love it there.

There is no launch ramp, but Needles marina is right next door with a brand new ramp, fuel dock and slips. Jack Smith is also 1/4 mile away further down the road.

There is rarely an issue with crime, there was a string of petty theft a few years back that was traced to some 14 year old juvies that were busted shortly thereafter.

Here are the key things the neighborhood offers, that I dont see across the river.....
  1. Beaches! Huge stretches of sandy beaches across the entire front of the community, I believe 5 or so in total. Each beach is a few hundred feet long, most are protected by a rock jetty so you can get 20-30' out before the river current starts flowing. Great for kids, beaching boats, hanging out, etc.
  2. It's right on the golf course as well. This is pretty cool when the weather is cooler.
  3. There's a full hookup RV campground within walking distance, for when you have guests with RV's come up to stay with you for the weekend. We have people do this all the time when we need "overflow". There is also usually a decent supply of neighbors homes that are willing to rent to you, if you have friends that want to go that route. Since you are in the "cul-de-sac" neighborhood, all the houses are close and no worries getting to / from the neighbors when partying.
  4. Regarding partying - its all at a respectful level. I've never had a issue with neighbors being out of control, and i'd say its calm for the most part. Holiday weekends get busy. It's all good
HOA is $96 a month. They crack down on the "manufactured homes" in regard to landscape violations, architectural violations (feux logs. along roofs must stay...), etc. They don't really mess with the stick framed houses, and many of the stick framed houses are in the HOA by choice, so they have pool access. Other than that, the HOA is pretty cool, and the area stays looking nice.

There are 2 trailer parking lots and a few other reserve parking lots for what doesn't fit in your driveway, which is nice when you have people over. You aren't supposed to leave vehicles parked in the street.

The only issue that the community faces is the sewers - The city of Needles and the RBV HOA are in a battle to get Needles to take over the sewer system. That is an ongoing issue the HOA is handling, not resolved yet. For now it is maintained by the HOA and cleaned monthly I believe

The house you are looking at is probably the most elaborate in the community save for maybe one of the waterfront ones. It has been for sale for a long time. Alot of house for the money but being that it isn't on the water, I'd say check out one of the pre-man houses with a big RV garage for $250k and put the other 250k in your bank! Depends on how much house you want.

PM me if you want to talk about anything, be happy to give info 👍
The best non-water front option would be that lot across from you if they got real with the price. Double RV garage there would be bad ass.

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
Wow. Just the pool alone would cost $100K in SoCal. That being said, the lack of RV garage alone would be a no for our family.

DWC

Reaction score
We ended up putting an offer in so we might be joining the RPV community soon! See you all on the water!
Good luck with your offer. Hope it gets accepted