WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rio Vista Boat Storage Increase

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Damn. I know storage is at a premium right now in Parker... and this letter proves it. Just opened it tonight.

40' x 13' individual unit jumped from $225 to $260 a month :skull

It is a cement slab and lit. Shared outlet out in front of the unit, but no private outlet in the unit. Fully gated.

I'm not leaving, just wanted to vent.

Attachments

• shit.jpg
    shit.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 24

Icky

Reaction score
Delete this before the other storage companies follow suit:eek

Singleton

Reaction score
Most in Havasu are at that price already for 40'

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
that sucks.....sorry to hear this Joe.....but hey, at least you still don't have to trailer her across the desert! :D

NicPaus

Reaction score
Was told this weekend some are paying $350 for same size in Havasu.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Delete this before the other storage companies follow suit:eek

It was only a matter of time. When milkmoney was taking delivery of his boat, we were looking around at units a couple of months ago. I saw the price increase already on their website, but I was stoked it didn't yet hit me. Well, they finally caught up.

Most in Havasu are at that price already for 40'

Damn. I used to have a nice 70' pull through at Rio Del Colorado back in 2009 for $315 a month. These prices are starting to get goofy :thumbsdown

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
When I had the trailer at Riverland the storage was $50 a month for uncovered, dirt lot storage. Then, in one month, they jumped the price to $85. At that same time I lost my job so I walked. It was then that I realized paying for storage for somewhere I could only afford to go to a couple times a year was absolutely not worth it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I haven't heard of rates that high, but there is definitely a demand out here.. It's a business I've given a lot of thought about getting into.

RD

Advantage 1

Reaction score
That would be $4200 annually just for storage, not to mention boat payments, truck payments, mortgage payments etc etc etc..... I need to keep playing that lotto bc I have no idea how people do it.

I spend too much on the above to play the lotto :)

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Ouch that hurts.

Rio Del Colorado was usually less expensive but the narrow door openings and dirt floors really suck.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
That would be $4200 annually just for storage, not to mention boat payments, truck payments, mortgage payments etc etc etc..... I need to keep playing that lotto bc I have no idea how people do it.

It's really what made us get serious about the house. 200+ for storage the. A weekend in hotel rooms could be another 300. It just made sense for us. Last weekend I stayed at the Aquarius. I'm spoiled now because I hated it. Should be able to stay at the house today when I get there...I hope

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

It's a terrible waste of $$$....

We have had a place at Riverland for 20+ years and we recently have discussed selling it for better investment options. Our house is paid off and between space rent,utilities and storage it cost's $1000 a month even if we don't use it.

I could do alot more with 100K and 12K a year in a deeded property.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
It's a terrible waste of $$$....

We have had a place at Riverland for 20+ years and we recently have discussed selling it for better investment options. Our house is paid off and between space rent,utilities and storage it cost's $1000 a month even if we don't use it.

I could do alot more with 100K and 12K a year in a deeded property.

Its always been goal of mine to buy in that park instead of just rent every once in a while, but with space rent and now some utilities being added in, it just keeps on making less and less sense. Damn this hobby!! :D