WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RIP AzGeo... You were a wealth of knowledge.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Screenshot_20210909-210809_Samsung Internet.jpg

Taboma

Reaction score
Sure enjoyed his energetic and knowledgeable contributions. I was bummed when he apparently decided the frustrations of social media weren't worth the reward.
I'd never met George or seen his picture, but when the previous thread regarding his passing was posted along with this picture, my first thought was " I'd have recognized him anywhere " 👍

poncho

Reaction score
Very saddened when I learned of his passing. George built a whole new cavitation plate set up for my old flat bottom several years ago, Pictures and numbers were done by a friend while I was in Alaska and one very big part was either measured wrong or made wrong. George didn't care and neither did I, I was pissed he wouldn't let me at least pay for the material on the remake, wouldn't hear of it.
A lot of people took issue with how he came across on the internet, I saw someone who was passionate about something he knew very well. I wanted faster and he only wanted me to be safe.
When I visited Havasu a few years ago for the first time it was spur of the moment and he hit me up afterwards and said you didn't come visit, that really bothers me now and always will.

George didn't tell you what you wanted to hear he told you what you needed to hear...RIP my Friend.

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
We have all seen "Finishline Engineering " parts/pieces that were designed/ built waaaaay before their time. Back then it was almost like he could see a few years ahead of everyone else building boats....
George will be sorely missed by the boating family.....See you at the Finishline Buddy...
Ray

Last edited:

Dana757

Reaction score
I don't think anyone will care, George probably deserves a second thread. I learned some from him, wish I would have met him.

RIP Sir.

I agree, he should be in the V Drive Hall of Fame!
He didn't like the hide behind the computer online shit talking that is now all too common. He seemed like an old school talk shit get punched in the face kinda guy to me. I always had and still do have massive respect for him. He made a lot of hardware before the CNC era. A lot of v drivers pushed his pedals and didn't even know it.

It would be cool if Bob Brown did a story on him. Maybe @RiverDave can make that happen.

poncho

Reaction score
I agree, he should be in the V Drive Hall of Fame!
He didn't like the hide behind the computer online shit talking that is now all too common. He seemed like an old school talk shit get punched in the face kinda guy to me. I always had and still do have massive respect for him. He made a lot of hardware before the CNC era. A lot of v drivers pushed his pedals and didn't even know it.

It would be cool if Bob Brown did a story on him. Maybe @RiverDave can make that happen.
Agreed, I have only seen tidbits over the years but I think his Father was an innovator just like himself.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Agreed, I have only seen tidbits over the years but I think his Father was an innovator just like himself.
George sr. Was part of the Frank Kurtis
( father of Arlan , Kurtis Kraft boats) Leonard Fulkerson ( original founder of Finish line engineering) group of old Indy roadster builders. Back when cars were built by hand. He hammered a lot of tin. He would go to finish line on Thursdays(?) and turn some handles just to keep building.
He was a tool and die guy and into plastics if I remember right and if you threw a frisbee
( non brand) he could have made it.

Last edited:

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I was super bummed when he got banned and stopped posting after it was up. I regret not ever getting a chance to meet him, other than here.

George had probably forgotten more than most could learn in several lifetimes. A true genius in many ways with a wealth of experiences.

RIP.

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
This sport that we all love is relatively young and it's hard to see the pioneers on this sport / industry pass away. George made some bitchen stuff and rigged a lot of cool boats! My Dad and Brothers 69 Sanger was done with all Finish Line equipment, I remember when I learned that AZGeo was Finish Line, I thought that was just dam cool... George helped me work thru some questions when I was building my Spectra and he also had a big hand in building my friends Spectra back in the 90's. A good man and a wealth of knowledge!