WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RIP Big Sexy

PolarBearKing

The Ass Man
Reaction score
I don't remember what his forum name was...
Screenshot_20200701-214015_Facebook.jpg

Loony Toon

Reaction score
Makes National news

RIP Tom

CNN Thomas Macias posted he regretted attending a party. He died of coronavirus the next day
By Faith Karimi and Alexandra Meeks, CNN 2 hrs ago

A Southern California man who tested positive for coronavirus after attending a party expressed his fear and regret a day before he died.
a person wearing a suit and sunglasses posing for the camera: Thomas Macias, 51
© Family of Gustavo Lopez Thomas Macias, 51
Thomas Macias, 51, went to a barbecue last month near his community in Lake Elsinore, about 70 miles from Los Angeles.

Shortly after the party, he started feeling sick. On June 20, he posted a poignant message on Facebook to warn his loved ones about the risks of the virus, his family said.
"I went out a couple of weeks ago ... because of my stupidity I put my mom and sisters and my family's health in jeopardy," he wrote. "This has been a very painful experience. This is no joke. If you have to go out, wear a mask, and practice social distancing. ... Hopefully with God's help, I'll be able to survive this."
He never made it. He died a day after that post.

A friend attended the party while sick
Macias worked as a truck driver and suffered from diabetes, making him especially vulnerable to the virus. Doctors have said people with underlying conditions such as diabetes, chronic lung disease and asthma are at a higher risk.
Before the barbecue, he had barely gone out, his brother-in-law Gustavo Lopez told CNN. But he was incredibly social and was feeling isolated, and decided to visit his friends when the state lifted some restrictions, he added.
"Everywhere he went he made friends instantly," Lopez said. "He was missing his friends and missing his family. So as soon as they lifted some of the restrictions he felt free and he unfortunately went to this get-together to be with his friends and then this was the result."
A friend who was at the party reached out to Macias to say he had coronavirus, and he was aware of the diagnosis when he attended the gathering but didn't think he could infect anyone because he had no symptoms, Lopez said.
"Our understanding is that a gentleman had called him and said 'hey I was at the party, I knew I was positive. I didn't tell anybody,'" Lopez said. "I think the gentleman was regretting not telling everybody, and he was calling people who were at the party to recommend they get tested."
Macias was upset but blamed himself for the error in judgment, even using his Facebook post to warn friends about the dangers of the virus. About a dozen people who attended the party tested positive, Lopez said.
Macias got tested on June 15, got his positive result June 18 and died June 21. The Riverside County Office of Vital Records confirmed that he died of coronavirus.
Riverside County has over 18,000 confirmed coronavirus cases and about 460 deaths. It has the second-highest number of cases in the state after Los Angeles County.

RodnJen

Reaction score
I saw this story on the news, didn’t realize he was a board member. RIP

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Makes National news

RIP Tom
Thomas Macias posted he regretted attending a party. He died of coronavirus the next day
A friend attended the party while sick
Macias worked as a truck driver and suffered from diabetes, making him especially vulnerable to the virus. Doctors have said people with underlying conditions such as diabetes, chronic lung disease and asthma are at a higher risk.
Before the barbecue, he had barely gone out, his brother-in-law Gustavo Lopez told CNN. But he was incredibly social and was feeling isolated, and decided to visit his friends when the state lifted some restrictions, he added.
"Everywhere he went he made friends instantly," Lopez said. "He was missing his friends and missing his family. So as soon as they lifted some of the restrictions he felt free and he unfortunately went to this get-together to be with his friends and then this was the result."

Really sad news - sorry to hear this. RIP Tom

This has been a helluva half year

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That is terrible.. :(. Rest In Peace Tommy.

please keep us updated on his services

Runs2rch

Reaction score
That's not how it works exactly. I'm guessing he wasn't the model of great health. So many deaths blamed on corona that are not. Rip.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
The article said he had diabetes. Although they were not clear if his was controlled. I understand even if not controlled that it is an underlying health condition that is bad for COVID patients.

That's not how it works exactly. I'm guessing he wasn't the model of great health. So many deaths blamed on corona that are not. Rip.

HBCraig

Reaction score
The article said he had diabetes. Although they were not clear if his was controlled. I understand even if not controlled that it is an underlying health condition that is bad for COVID patients.
That sucks. He looked like a big ole boy.

RIP Tommy

boatnam2

Reaction score
Meet that guy pre hotboat days at castle rock 20+ years ago, RIP!

C-2

Reaction score
Damn, I read that article and told the wife about it, but I had no idea he was a boater and friend here on RDP.

Godspeed brother, this sickness just sucks.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Damn, I read that article and told the wife about it, but I had no idea he was a boater and friend here on RDP.

Godspeed brother, this sickness just sucks.

Always a good time when Tom was around. CNN has an episode on right now about Tomale, pictures and all.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
That is terrible.. :(. Rest In Peace Tommy.

please keep us updated on his services

CNN is reporting the service is next week for Tom.

Reactions: C-2

E4L

Reaction score
RIP. Bad deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PolarBearKing

The Ass Man
Reaction score
And wait a second... I haven't seen Polar Bear King around here in a few years. Welcome Back.
Hey all. Just passing through. I met Tommy on here (it was it the ol' HotBoat days?) and thought some of you might wanna know. Terrible news. He was a great guy with a heart of gold. Y'all take care.