WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RIP Bobby Unser

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Another one of the greats has gotten the checkered flag in the sky. Not only was he a great race car driver, but I thought he was the best motorsports announcer of all time. Race In Peace my friend, you will be truly missed by many!

Wayn-o

Reaction score
Bobby was a motorsports legend for sure. Some of his best commentating was on the old Indy car broadcasts when Sam Posey would say something. Bobby always said - No Sam, its like this.

Sandlord

Reaction score
Sad, I met him, Al, Louie, and the kids at Bluewater in Parker. Early 70’s.
They were very nice and approachable. Instant friends.

westair

Reaction score
Was always great watching the Unsers race at Indy ..... RIP Bobby

playdeep

Reaction score
The Unser's were born on Albuquerque's Westside where their father had a wrecking yard&garage right on the original Route 66.
Al Unser built his first house on the property&lived there pretty much all his life.
Bobby Unser built a modest house directly across the street where he lived his entire life.
Both houses sit less than 50 yards off old route 66 in a sketchy part of town...can't miss them
Always amazed me that they stayed in the hood where they were born...
RIP...Bobby.
Hell of a racer.

Kbach

Reaction score
Such a bummer. I had the pleasure of chatting with him about a project for work about 8-10 years ago and it instantly felt like I had known him for years. No big head, attitude, nothing. Just an honest down to earth gentleman.