WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RIP Bubba - My Feral, White, Meme Cat

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I put down our 13 year old Feral cat Bubba today (no need to get crazy, he was just a cat).

Bubba was a white Feral cat (he looked like the Meme Cat). I also called him Gansta Cat, because he cleaned up the neighborhood of tomcats that sprayed everything on your property, and rodents to boot.

I trapped him as a kitten at somebodies house, got him fixed, and brought him home 13 years ago. He was my kid's first pet.

Anyways, he was old, blind, and not doing well. He was blinded in one eye, in a fight several years ago, and finally lost sight in the other eye.

It was funny, Bubba knew if he took off after another cat, they would run. So, his solution was to back up towards them, never really making eye contact with them, until he was close enough to catch them and rough them up.

The funniest Bubba story... one time a hawk was chasing a pigeon. The pigeon flew into out sliding glass door and died. The pigeon padded the hawk's blow, so it just rung the hawks bell. While the hawk was standing there shaking off the dazed state it was in (literally shaking its head), Bubba ran in and stole the pigeon from under the hawks feet and ran into the bushes with it. LOL.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you know. Once again, it was a cat, so not all tore up over it. The kids loved him though.

This was Bubba when he was young. He liked to sit on the fence and watch people walk by. He also like to watch for birds in the bushes behind him. The next two pictures were this morning before I took him to the Vet.

RIP Bubba aka Snowball aka Gangsta Cat.

FB_IMG_1584468647137.jpg
FB_IMG_1584474478908.jpg
20200317_123318.jpg
20200317_111538.jpg

Sent From Tapatalk

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1584474478908.jpg
    FB_IMG_1584474478908.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
RIP Bubba, I sort of had a feral cat when I lived in Downey. He just showed up one day and wasn't afraid of anyone or anything. He was pretty scarred up and was missing an eye. I would feed him bologna when I got home from school and everyday he would meet me at the fence waiting for his treat. I always wondered what would have happened if I had ran out bologna.

C-2

Reaction score
Nice looking cat, may he RIP.

I never believed you could domesticate a feral cat - but now I have 3 we rescued from a wood pile about this time last year. And they're all punks too, Vinnie, Frankie and Sid. They lit a fire under our old-timer, 20-year old cat for sure.

Good luck on your next cat :)

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Nice looking cat, may he RIP.

I never believed you could domesticate a feral cat - but now I have 3 we rescued from a wood pile about this time last year. And they're all punks too, Vinnie, Frankie and Sid. They lit a fire under our old-timer, 20-year old cat for sure.

Good luck on your next cat :)
My buddy took 2 from the same litter when we trapped them. One became a total housecat. He was still around a year ago when I was at my Buddy's house. They live in the country, and they other cat liked to roam. He didn't last long with the coyotes. He disappeared within a year.

Sent From Tapatalk

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Going through my formative years growing up in Shadow Hills we had a feral cat... it would come down out of the foothills once or twice a year...He would hang out for a few days...we would feed him like a king...and then he would be gone... this cat was thrashed... this went on for five or six years???...

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Man, sorry to hear that but sounds like you gave him an amazing life!!

I know you say it's just a cat but we all know the truth, at least us cat owners do.;) and honestly I felt the same way for along time because growing up, in the country, we always had outdoor cats and some didnt last very long so I learned not to get to attached.

We have 2 indoor cats now(both rescues) and mine thinks he's a dog follows me everywhere, sits on command and hell I'm playing fetch with him right now, fukr will play fetch for hours..lol

RIP BUBBA

rrrr

Reaction score
Man, sorry to hear that but sounds like you gave him an amazing life!!

I know you say it's just a cat but we all know the truth, at least us cat owners do.;) and honestly I felt the same way for along time because growing up, in the country, we always had outdoor cats and some didnt last very long so I learned not to get to attached.

We have 2 indoor cats now(both rescues) and mine thinks he's a dog follows me everywhere, sits on command and hell I'm playing fetch with him right now, fukr will play fetch for hours..lol

RIP BUBBA

You all might remember my buddy Boc (Bad Orange Cat) died two years ago. Five months ago, we got a new orange tabby kitten, I thought it was time.

He was just a little fella when we got him, and I started playing fetch with him right away. Now he bugs me nonstop, he drops his little toy mouse at my feet, and he'll run get it and bring it back until I get worn out.

RIP Bubba.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I am not a cat person, and he really was just a feral cat.

He was my kid's first pet though.

Sent From Tapatalk