WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RIP Cary Liera / Slow In Havasu

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
RIP Carey. Never had a chance to meet him, but have seen his name recommended time after time here on the boards. Seems like the world lost one of the good ones! Condolences to all his family and friends.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

X Hoser

Reaction score
Such a great guy! Helped me out many times with my A/C when we had our place out there. Prayers for him and his family.

PaPaG

Reaction score
RIP Carey, one of the nicest helpful guys around. Always willing to help anyone. What a shock.

Hava-Schiada

Reaction score
RIP. He personally did some plumbing work on my house a couple of weeks ago. We had a great conversation. 😢

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
This thread hit me hard..... took a while to even post...couple weeks ago I talked to Carey...one of my properties needed ac repair,... Talked to Carey, he was sick at home in bed, and had been there for awhile..we talked for awhile and caught up on things.. even though he was in bed, he said ... let me make a few calls and see where my guys are at,...I'll call you back,... afew minutes later,... the tennant shows up and said I have a guy on the way to fix the AC,... I said ok, just let me know so I can pay him.... I started to call Carey, and my phone rang, Cavrone (sp),... I got a guy on the way to the house.... FUC!!! I had to tell Carey that the tenant got it already.... I felt horrible..... I know that Carey pulled a guy off a job just to help me....he was a "REAL" friend... and I enjoyed every minute with him, through the 20 years he was always there for me plumbing, ac, and having a beer and shooting the bull... I'm wondering how Debbie is doing... She also has been fighting health issues.... Sometimes life is not very fair,.. and so hard to under stand... RIP my friend. with wet eyes all I can say is you will be missed by a multitude..

TrojanDan

Reaction score
Carey was a great guy. I remember buying his boat detailing product back in the Hot Boat days. I purchased a new A/C from him back in January and text him a couple months ago to plumb my outdoor 1/2 bath. He told me he was swamped but still referred me to his plumber friend. He will be missed.

2Driver

Reaction score
Sad news. He took great care of our family’s home in Parker. Great guy.

Patyacht

Reaction score
I can't believe it! I just talked to Carey and his guy just did a plumbing repair for me. Damn it, he was one of the good guys. RIP my friend Carey!!!

Just Ducky

Reaction score
Wow R.I. P. Carey. He did a new a.c. On our house a couple years ago and Casey came over a couple days ago and helped us out with a thermostat issue. He was a good guy and I hope his family knows he was well liked by many.Rest in peace buddy.

dezrtracer

Reaction score
Aww man that bites !! Carey has done multiple A/C and Plumbing jobs for me . Super nice , reliable and top notch work . Used to see him around town and he was always such a nice guy to visit with . RIP Carey you will be dearly missed but , never forgotten my friend .

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Steve you mentioned Debbie
I believe she is in Alaska

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vmjtc3

Banned
Reaction score
Damn, don’t know where to start with this one! One of the best ever! So many good memories, speed runs to Springs for breakfast, chill days at Topock, hanging in the Chanel, late night BBQ’s at Casa De Liera… Still can’t even process this.

PlanB

Reaction score
Just talked to Carey a few weeks ago about our AC and water system. I had no idea he was sick. He was a great guy. Always had great conversations with him when he was over taking care of something at our place in Havasu. One of the good guys. You will be missed Carey...

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Good grief, what week of lost forum legends.🥺🥺🥺
Carey was as genuine as they come. He'd answer his phone no matter where he was.
Will dearly miss him.
Rest in Peace my friend.

E4L

Reaction score
RIP Carey. My condolences to his family[emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
My go to guy in Havasu for well over 15+ years. Always there when you needed him.
Condolences and prayers to his family. Rest in Peace Carey, you'll be missed.

Let It Ride

Reaction score
I just found out tonight that our Havasu resident AC guy / forum member passed away. Carey was a great guy that, when his health was able, had a camera at every boating event with a smile on his face….

I’m still in disbelief.. RIP Carey - god speed

RD
What the Heck! He is my go to guy for all my AC/WATER heater plumbing. He’s one stand up honest guy, I’m stunned. Is there a collection being taken for him?

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
What the Heck! He is my go to guy for all my AC/WATER heater plumbing. He’s one stand up honest guy, I’m stunned. Is there a collection being taken for him?
Carey has 2 daughters and I think 2 small grand kids. The kids have posted on FB. If they post a link for a collection I’m sure someone will post it here.

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score
"DID YOU HEAR THAT?" was all Carey needed to text or post and we all knew it was time to stop head to the Turtle and share some laughs with each other. I am really going to miss you Carey, 20+ years of laughter with you is going to be a hard Habit to break.
"YES I HEAR THAT" and we will all gather again this Friday 5pm at the Turtle to hoist a few and laugh again, might even cry a bit
love you brother and I will see again

Scott E

Reaction score
I'm Carey's son-in-law (married to his eldest daughter Katie).

I have read the posts here to my wife and she appreciates the kind words and the knowledge that her dad touched so many peoples lives thru his business and just being an all-around good dude in Havasu.

The world has lost a great man, my wife and sister-in-law have lost a great father, and I lost a great father-in-law. RIP Carey, may the slalom course be glass, and the beers be cold.

Joker

Reaction score
I know Mark (ogshocker) and Carey were very close. The bond many of us we have here is amazing.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
RiP to an old skool brutha and name we always heard good things about. Damn.....been around these boards for awhile...peeps be getting older and sick and shit and passing on...crazy...life is short. Enjoy it while you can my friends. ☹

C-2

Reaction score
Godspeed on your next journey.

Sorry to read about your FIL Scott, hang in there bud. :(

HEY YOU

Reaction score
RIP, I don’t remember if it was on here or Performance Boats forum pages but I remember he would always take pictures of people boating and post them on here, I’ve had the pleasure meeting him twice and you could tell he was a good guy.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
So very sad to read. Back in 2010 Carey, reading a thread here on RDP about my late Dad's boat being taken to the Boat Brokers by my step family and me wanting to recover it, commented he wanted to help. He went and checked on it and made sure it was there because the Boat Brokers wouldn't return my calls. Ha gave me all the details and I went up there and got it. I will never forget it. He is a generous man and will be dearly missed by many.