WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RIP Curly Neal

sirbob

Reaction score
I guess i assumed he was older than that and already passed! I guess I haven't been following the HG lately ;-)

RIP to a great entertainer

beertruck

Reaction score
I remember seeing him in the early 70's, he must have only been in his 20's then. I would have thought he was much older as well

Hallett Dave

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
They performed at our high school in 1965, I was a freshman. Very entertaining. :)

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
yep, Meadowlark Lemon

guess they are on the same team now...if there is a team where they are...

?

Not sure, I’m sure they still perform. I did hear at times on the radio where they would be at.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
yep, Meadowlark Lemon

guess they are on the same team now...if there is a team where they are...

?
...And Goose Tatum going way back to the early 50s...My dad took me to see them probably 52 to 56ish ... I believe they were playing at the Los Angeles Coliseum???...

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I saw them in 83 or 84. Pops had gotten tickets. I was maybe 6 or 7. For the life of me, I can't remember any other family going? I remember Pops laughing, and I remember thinking how cool it was, these guys had been on Scooby Doo and Gilligan's Island. Curly was the man!

Kind of odd, but I think this is more of a sad thing to me than Kobe...but for the same reasons. People who watched Kobe play with their family and friends, probably have that connection. I never did watch "modern" NBA...but I can still remember watching both those players with my Pops 30+ years ago.