WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RIP, Danny Churchill.............

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
just got one of "those" calls, Danny passed away yesterday. I checked the Lake Arrowhead Waterski Club facebook page,............still can't believe it , just talked to him a couple weeks ago. Not a lot of details as of yet :(

X Hoser

Reaction score
Just talked to him a couple of weeks ago too. Comparing notes on our knee replacements and talking Schiada's. Very Sad, RIP Buddy.

Henskier

Reaction score
Danny passed away on Tuesday. He had just gotten back from Loma Linda Hospital where he had stents put in. He collapsed in his home and could not be revived.

A Celebration of Life gathering witll be held in January. Date to be announced.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Very distressing news. Just spent much of the day in Parker at the late October Enduro race with Danny. And I was expecting a call from him on a business deal we were working on earlier this week. I didn't get the call -- thought he was just busy with the holidays. Great guy and certainly one of the greatest ski racers of all-time. Nobody more fun to race against. His recovery from the accident at the ski drags in Long Beach in the early '70s was nothing short of a miracle. My condolences to his family and friends -- I know I'll miss him a lot.

69GS

Reaction score
R I P, one of the greats.

Henskier

Reaction score
Danny Churchill, 65, of Redlands, departed this life on Tuesday, November 26. Born in San
Bernardino, California, his life revolved around his love of water sports that he shared with his
family and many friends.
While in high school, Danny received high honors as an outstanding football player and champion
wrestler. After high school he attended college where he earned high honors in wrestling taking
1st in the Conference in 1967 and 1968, 2nd in the State in 1967 and 1st in the State in 1968.
An avid waterskier since the age of 4, his passion for waterski racing grew during this time and
he had remarkable success. In October, 1971, during an National Drag Boat Association race in
Oakland, he was asked to make an exhibition waterski run. After a 126.40 mph run, race
officials asked him to make another in which he did, thus establishing a new world record.
His passion for water sports allowed him to pursue and become successful in a professional
career developing and patenting new products. These products have now earned him a place
in the Water Ski Hall of Fame.
Up until his death, he actively volunteered with various children's foundations. He is survived
by his beloved wife, Mary; daughter Michelle Churchill of Redlands; Sarah Chumo and son-inlaw,
Brad of Newport Beach; sister Nancy Chaffin and brother-in-law, Gary of Highland; and
two grandchildren he adored.
In lieu of flowers, please make a donation in his name to the American Heart Association or
your favorite children?s charity.
A Celebration of his Life will be January 3, 2014 at the Mission Inn, Riverside, from 11 to 3.