WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RIP Eddie Van Halen

BONER

Reaction score
EVH changed my Life, forever. Just like he changed guitar playing, forever.

"Don't be sad he's gone, be excited that he was here."

- can't remember where I heard that, but not mine

I was 4 years old the first time I heard "Eruption" through a set of those big ass 80's headphones plugged into a record player, and I kept lifting the needle back, and turning it up louder and louder every time. Then I found "Running With The Devil". I easily listened to the car horn and Eddie's big intro slide, at full blast, 50 times, minimum. I'll never forget it. 🤟

Hooked. For Life.

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
One of the best music videos ever...

<iframe width="624" height="480" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AzMandella

Reaction score
Steel Panther?
My all time favorite Van Halen Song . Saw them in Phoenix on their first tour regrouped DLR . Driving up from Tucson I told my wife I bet they open with Unchained . Sure enough they did . When they started she just looked at me like how the hell did you know that .

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
I'm getting into a couple of different YouTube guitarist type dudes. This one is Mike Dawes doing a Jump cover. Somehow he makes Jump sound like a Jazz tune. Simply awesome talent that EVH himself might appreciate:

Tremor Therapy

Reaction score
I saw Van Halen for their first world tour at the San Diego Sports Arena in 1978 (Van Halen 1). They didn't sell out, it was only half-arena.. That changed quickly.

I was 16 and at the same show. At the time I thought Kiss was the greatest.......but that changed after that show. Saw the Dave and Sammy line-ups a number of times, but the tours for their first 4 albums were magic!

Van Halen was part of the sound track of my youth, and I am very sad Eddie has passed. Suffice to say, been a lot of Van Halen jamming at my house. Rest in peace Eddie, you were the best!

BONER

Reaction score
My all time favorite Van Halen Song . Saw them in Phoenix on their first tour regrouped DLR . Driving up from Tucson I told my wife I bet they open with Unchained . Sure enough they did . When they started she just looked at me like how the hell did you know that .

I was at this Show too.

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
F7897210-ABB9-47C5-9F0D-74F7645F8306.jpeg

BingerFang

Reaction score
I’m not sure if this was posted yet, but EVH’s son made this song for his dad when his health went to shit. Unfortunately, his dad wasn’t around to hear the final version.

It had me balling like a school girl... enjoy!

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I’m not sure if this was posted yet, but EVH’s son made this song for his dad when his health went to shit. Unfortunately, his dad wasn’t around to hear the final version.

It had me balling like a school girl... enjoy!

Yes it was posted earlier but a well deserved repost...

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score

According to Van Halen’s death certificate, issued by the Los Angeles Department of Public Health, and obtained by the US website TMZ, his immediate cause of death is listed as a cerebrovascular accident, or stroke.

He also had several underlying health issues, including pneumonia, the bone marrow disorder myelodysplastic syndrome, lung cancer and skin cancer.