WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RIP Eddie Van Halen

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Heart broken. I walked to jr high listening to 1984 in my walkman. VH was a huge part of my early teens. Im really really bummed. RIP Eddie. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCDave

Reaction score
A very sad day indeed. One of my all time favorite bands and guitarists

Singleton

Reaction score
This year keeps getting worse and worse
One of my first concerts was VH - RIP Eddie

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I’ll never forget. And I still remember his name. jay Vitali brought a portable tape deck on the school bus in 78 and said listen to this. The first Van Halen album.

samsah33

Reaction score
My first concert was Van Halen on May 5, 1980 in Buffalo NY on the World Invasion (Women & Children First) tour... RIP Bro.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Such a bummer, RIP

My father was a Porsche mechanic in Calabasas when I was a kid. One day I was at the shop with my dad and got to meet him and Michael Anthony- they both used to bring their cars in to get worked on. I was young and didn't know who VH was back then but later listened to all of their music.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
One of our friends was getting married so of course we all decided to have the bachelor party at buckskin, had a great time well wedding didn't happen, got postponed to the following summer well yes we went again and then we started an annual bachelor party trip, during one of these trips I remember having every available Van Halen cassette and we rocked them there and back. Good times.

nowski

Reaction score
Before Van Halen hit Superstardom there was The Golden West Ballroom in Norwalk. I had the privilege of seeing them play at this little venue, my old stomping grounds back in the day...

"Rock On Eddie Rock On"...

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Darlene Yankowski gave me a handy in the front seat of my AMC gremlin in high school while running with the devil on the 8 track cranked on the marantz home speakers that were in the back seat. Wore out several VH1 8 tracks. Sucks, check this video, cigarette stuck in guitar neck.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Darlene Yankowski gave me a handy in the front seat of my AMC gremlin in high school while running with the devil on the 8 track cranked on the marantz home speakers that were in the back seat. Wore out several VH1 8 tracks. Sucks, check this video, cigarette stuck in guitar neck.

Well with that last name it was a given.

Rotten deal

Reaction score

One of the best posts ever.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I remember growing up and my parents starting off many days, with, "guess who died today", it was mainly all of the actors and musicians of their time that were slowly passing away. Seems like at 56 I am entering that phase of my life as all of the idols of our high school and college days are in their 70's or more now.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

Bunnell High School in Connecticut. :p

Sandlord

Reaction score
Sad news for sure, I saw it on the news, but I had to check here to make sure it was true.
RIP Eddie

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan and lucky enough to have seen Van Halen in all Three versions of the band. March 1978 I was in high school and after getting paid I made my almost weekly trip to the record store. There they were playing music from a new group called Van Halen over the PA system and I was floored from the moment I heard them. I went over and bought the 8 Track and wore it out playing it over and over. Being a young guitar player then I couldn't understand how he was getting those sounds. RIP

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Man, 2020 is a total suckfest. I almost hate to say what else can 2020 fuck up?

RIP Eddie and all the good times his music brought us.

SixD9R

Reaction score
Just heard about it on RDP breaking news.
That. Fucken. Sucks.

Last edited:

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Last time I saw VH was in his samurai mode in Vegas. He brought out little wolfie at the time.

rrrr

Reaction score

No pedals, no effects, just Eddie and his guitar. Fucking awesome.

When the first album came out, it was on the daily playlist in the big house I lived in with four roommates. All Van Halen, all the time.

Rest easy, Eddie.