WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RIP Kurt Casselli. You are a icon

srttruck

Reaction score
Not going into detail, just talked to the family and unfortunately Kurt passed away. He was booby trapped, his teammate Ivan rode around for approx 1 1/2 hours trying to locate him and he did..... God speed to him and prayers to the family. A awesome icon in the sport taken away from us.

Last edited:

PrimeCut

Reaction score
So fucking sad,,, I just talked to Dave pearsons cousin, confirmed it was a booby trap, I've been asked many times to race down there, that's the reason I've away a said no,,,

Hammer

Reaction score
That's sucks that it was in fact a boobie trap. What is wrong with the locals ? I've heard plenty of stories about the traps, why would someone go out of their way to possibly harm someone ? I just don't understand. R.I.P. KC .... :(

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
That's horrible.... My thoughts to the other racers , teams and his family... Oh I hope the rest stay safe.... :(

red ant

Reaction score
So sad. Not something new. Lost a good friend in 75. We were all still in high school. I don't think the locals thought they would kill someone. At least not back then. I think they thought it would be fun to see a guy hauling ass on his motorcycle, get caught up in wire strung across the trail. WTF is wrong with people?

PrimeCut

Reaction score
uvugunuq.jpg

mothershipper

Reaction score
On the same page as my brother - primecut - i'm heartbroken about this loss. He was such a great person. Danny & Kurt are tearing it up in heaven............

PrimeCut

Reaction score
From Destry Abbott
"This photo just hit me and I haven't cried like this in a long time! Can't stop thinking about all the great times I had with Kurt Caselli and I'm for sure going to cherish them! Enjoy every minute you have and always tell the people around you how much you love them! RIP KC"

Attachments

• 1391423_10151971989264641_681466635_n.jpg
    1391423_10151971989264641_681466635_n.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 36

wiseone

Reaction score
RIP Kurt you were an Icon to off road racing!

82daytona

Reaction score
I went to HS with him sad deal :( so recent after his dad's passing RIP

cakemoto

Reaction score
i saw something this morning saying he may have hit a truck?rip kurt you were bad fast,Dakar was yours this year

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
So very sad RIP Kurt. I hope the booby trap reports aren't true. If so, may those POS burn in fiery hell.

RVRKID

Reaction score
This was posted about an hour ago:
Just read from a fellow rider that it wasn't a booby trap:
From Taylor Robert:
I want to make something very clear and stop the rumors. Kurt Caselli did not crash because of a man made booby trap, a spectator, or any other nonsense that people are saying about his accident. My teammate Ricky Brabec was the fist person to Kurt which was in a very secluded area with no Spectators. Ivan Ramirez showed up shortly after Ricky. They decided Ricky would go get help while Ivan stayed with Kurt. Even though the news didn't come out until the night time the accident happened while there was still daylight, and didn't have anything to do with racing at night. This was merely a racing accident and had nothing to do with booby traps, spectators, or another vehicle so please stop spreading rumors.

ryanshaw07

Reaction score
RIP Casselli
no matter what caused the crash, it is such a tragic loss.
thoughts and prayers go out to the Casselli family.

ridebig

Reaction score
KTM is now saying it appear's he hit an animal crossing the course. Very tragic.

srttruck

Reaction score
KTM is now saying it appear's he hit an animal crossing the course. Very tragic.

KTM has inspected the bike and they have found animal hair. More info will be released.

Everyone is go nuts spreading rumors they "hear" off media websites.

Really, kurt wadding it up in a sand wash, fuck roger and his press release.

Regardless , we lost a fricken bad ass motorcycle rider! RIP KC much love brotha

Last edited:

PrimeCut

Reaction score
KTM has inspected the bike and they have found animal hair. More info will be released.

Everyone is go nuts spreading rumors they "hear" off media websites.

Really, kurt wadding it up in a sand wash, fuck roger and his press release.

Regardless , we lost a fricken bad ass motorcycle rider! RIP KC much love brotha

I've talked to 4x, Ricky was the first one there, he said its clear he hit something. He said its clear it was some type of animal. He stayed with him until Ivan came, then Ricky took off to get help. It's easy to see why the rumor spread, cause they said he hit something, and it spread like wildfire with everyone interpreting what that meant, including me.
Off road community is so small, we are family, and we lost one of our own. My heart feels empty... I know one thing I will do my best to make him proud as he looks down on us, I will my best to live like he did, be kind to everyone, be the best role model to kids that I can, spread a infectious smile, stay positive and work hard, and mostly I WILL not stop riding and racing, every time I throw my leg over my bike I won't tear up, but rather smile as I know Kurt and Danny are telling me to go tear it up

Scott

Hammer

Reaction score
They are doing a Kurt caselli memorial ride at glen helen dec. 6th , 10am-3pm .....

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
Heading out to run some laps saturday:thumbsup

Attachments

• Caselli.jpg
    Caselli.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 34

srttruck

Reaction score
The memorial event had an awesome turnout, there were thousands of people and hundreds of bikes that rode the memorial lap. Big thanks to KTM,FMF,Redbull and all other sponsors who had part in helping the family put this event together. Also thanks to the people who donated items for the silent auction. Ride on Kurt....
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Meaney77

Reaction score
I saw a bunch of pictures on IG, pretty amazing turn out:thumbsup:thumbsup

Enen

Reaction score
We have a friend that went over yesterday to ride. What a turn out.

PrimeCut

Reaction score
My friend Dave won Parker last weekend, giving his respect to Kurt
mu5e6yvy.jpg