WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RIP River/Bob Tulley you will be missed brother

Cdog

Reaction score
He hasn't been here in a while due to Personal reasons but I just got word we lost Bob Tulley/River this morning. Bob and I were good friends, he worked in the boat industry for quite a while before getting into communications. I know he had a lot of friends here. He knew everybody, greeting everyone with a cold coors light and warm smile. Gonna miss you bud. Cheers Brother! Till we meet again...
CE98B8E2-CDFB-464A-B2F0-84B0C6ACAA63.jpeg

E752C86E-B3C1-4562-A2CB-67C8F90A1A95.jpeg

B2CB5943-D0A3-41CF-93DB-BF1004B1F0C9.jpeg

Last edited:

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
RIP - We did the Catalina race together one year and had a great time even though our skier had some issues and we were a DNF. He was a class act all the way. Godspeed

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Such a bum deal, super good dude...i can't believe it. RIP Bob. Condolences to his family.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
He was very active on here years back. There was some legal issues with a trust and the opposing side was doing research for something so he asked me to delete all of his posts and username a few years back so I did.

For those that knew Bob Tully aka RiverKid he passed away recently (not sure how). He was a great guy, with a big heart.

RD :(

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Keep up mr hnic

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
I'm so sad. Bob introduced me to the range, gave me the nickname Bullseye, I couldn't shoot for shit. Always so funny, his Coors Light Jeep, his beautiful Wife and girls, and Duke.. so sad, he was way to young. 💔

riverroyal

Reaction score
Years ago, he gave me running boards for my super duty. Cost me a 12 pack
I never met him face to face. He left them on his side yard for me to pick up.
damn.

Cdog

Reaction score
Bob has some heart issues in his past. I think Wes said it best.

"I thought Bob would live forever. He died last night, I hope peacefully, and left us all with the understanding that the man’s heart, which was his greatest gift to all of us, failed him. Maybe he gave too much of it to the world and forgot to save some for himself."

Wes

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
RIP "KID"

Hes NOW enjoying Flat, Warm riverwater......

Cheers!!

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
RIP RiverKid

No one here gets out alive. Hopefully you left in peace; you're now free of all this insanity

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Keep up mr hnic

I didn’t see that. Thank you.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Didn't he own a business tailored to truck customizing? RIP RiverKid.

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
I was fortunate to get into some shit with Bob every once in a while, endless beers and I've never seen him phased, just ready to go. This mother fucker was the most resourceful person I've ever met, Bob was like a human swiss army knife. The Friday before the catalina race there is always some bullshit going on over at the launch ramp, this is where you find Bob being of service to anyone that was having an issue, truck full of tools and skil set to use them. He'd just cruise up and put out whatever fire was blazing making new friends every step of the way and just as fast as hed show up he was off and on his way to the next fire, beer in hand. We went up to KOH together about 10 years ago, no affiliation to any of it other than we knew Angie and Jeff and planned on drinking beer and wheeling around for the day. 16 hours on the lake bed later and we were on an offroad team, been onboard and running the team since then.
IMG_1317.JPG
IMG_1320.JPG
IMG_5469 copy.JPG
IMG_5471.JPG
IMG_1623_lowres copy.jpg

Andy B.

Reaction score
Bob has some heart issues in his past. I think Wes said it best.

"I thought Bob would live forever. He died last night, I hope peacefully, and left us all with the understanding that the man’s heart, which was his greatest gift to all of us, failed him. Maybe he gave too much of it to the world and forgot to save some for himself."

Wes

Wow moved.......

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
i thought it was just River but I could be wrong.

I'm pretty sure you are right.

Bob really was the nicest guy EVER. You wouldn't talk to him for awhile, cause you know - life and shit, but when you would talk to him again, it was like it was just yesterday.

Always made you feel like you were his best friend. One of the kindest guys I'd ever met.

Always bugging me to come shoot with him. I always had some lame excuse. I'd say, next time bro, I'll be there for sure. Now next time ain't gonna come...

Bob was the kinna guy who would post up, "Hey, just bought 20 lobster tails at Costco, come on over!!!" I never went cause I didn't wanna feel like a fucking mooch!! lol

I feel awful for his daughters. He was the ultimate family man. He loved all his girls deep and hard.

I'll miss your posts. I'll miss your voice and your laugh. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!

So not fucking fair. Hope to see you again someday...

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
He was one of the first people to order cornhole boards off of me, was really glad to meet him and was nice chatting with him on the forums, a stand up guy that will be missed. :(

Cdog

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you are right.

Bob really was the nicest guy EVER. You wouldn't talk to him for awhile, cause you know - life and shit, but when you would talk to him again, it was like it was just yesterday.

Always made you feel like you were his best friend. One of the kindest guys I'd ever met.

Always bugging me to come shoot with him. I always had some lame excuse. I'd say, next time bro, I'll be there for sure. Now next time ain't gonna come...

Bob was the kinna guy who would post up, "Hey, just bought 20 lobster tails at Costco, come on over!!!" I never went cause I didn't wanna feel like a fucking mooch!! lol

I feel awful for his daughters. He was the ultimate family man. He loved all his girls deep and hard.

I'll miss your posts. I'll miss your voice and your laugh. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!

So not fucking fair. Hope to see you again someday...

He’d give the shirt off his own back if you needed it. Of course it would be like 3x’s too big lol!! He’s a tall fucker. He goes back to the Hot boat days. We’d pm and talk shit & laugh. Then both of us got heavy into to tactical shooting and met up at a Magpul class in Tucson. Every time we’d meet up after that we had stories to share that were funny as hell. We would text at least once a week with jokes or just to catch up. I introduced my Dad/Pops about 5 years ago to the shooting brotherhood/Church and he was welcomed into the crowd. I really appreciated it as I’m in Scottsdale 6 hours away and Pops had so much fun hanging out with Bob. I’m so thankful to have known Bob Tulley. I’ll always have a cold Coors Light ready for him.

Last edited:

shreve"T"

Ex-So Cal.
Reaction score
I really did not know "Duke" other than knowing his jeep and what I have seen on FB with Wes and others BUT what I can tell you is that, I read every one of your comments and they all brought tears to my eye's !!! What an excellent friend you all had, by the sounds of it will be missed 😪

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
I met Bob years back in my Jeep days. I tagged along him and OCMerrill on a few runs. Those guys are actually how I ended up finding this place. He was a really cool guy. So outgoing and open. Always wanting to see others do well.
So sad to hear that he is gone so early.

Rest Easy in Paradise

Sent from a van down by the river. [emoji3577][emoji41]

intense

Reaction score
Chris Costa posted about him on his instagram
RIP Brother

Cdog

Reaction score
Chris Costa posted about him on his instagram
RIP Brother

Yeah I told chris this morning. It’s good to see all the homies show some love for Bob.

Last edited:

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
This is tragic to hear. Back when I was doing the detail thing he was a great customer and referred a lot of folks to me. He always had a smile on his face and was a genuine good guy.

He’s someone I’ll definitely be looking up when I’m on the other side.

Rest In Paradise my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
Never met him but based on the OG’s who have posted, sounds like more than a stand up guy. RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Damn I was thinking “what happened to Bob?” last week.

Never got to meet him in person.

But when I was just getting more into firearms, he was still a member here and was a great source of both info and inspiration.

RIP River Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
I just looked it up, and I did the Catalina Ski Race with Bob back in 2008. He connected me with one of his Aussie friends who wanted to ski the race, and Bob was on board to observe. Unfortunately we only made it about halfway to the island, and the skier was not able to keep skiing due to an issue with new bindings on his race ski cutting off the circulation in his legs. The skier was frustrated and we were all disappointed that we were going to DNF the race, but there was no other option so we started heading back to Long Beach. Before I knew it, Bob had ice cold Coors Lights in everyone's hand which definitely helped to lighten the mood inside the boat. I'll crack a CL for Bob tonight

CigAjerk

Reaction score
So many stories. So many beers. I’ve probably shot damn near 10k rounds with that guy.

Every time I saw him he would always grab me off the ground and bear hug me...mainly because he could....cause he’s fucking bob and did what he wanted.

We were just chatting last week. Fuck....pictures here are choking me up. I’m really crushed right now. I am fortunate and grateful to spend the time with him that I did. I owe him a lot for the time he spent with me. Feeling for his wife and girls right now.

Cdog

Reaction score
I just looked it up, and I did the Catalina Ski Race with Bob back in 2008. He connected me with one of his Aussie friends who wanted to ski the race, and Bob was on board to observe. Unfortunately we only made it about halfway to the island, and the skier was not able to keep skiing due to an issue with new bindings on his race ski cutting off the circulation in his legs. The skier was frustrated and we were all disappointed that we were going to DNF the race, but there was no other option so we started heading back to Long Beach. Before I knew it, Bob had ice cold Coors Lights in everyone's hand which definitely helped to lighten the mood inside the boat. I'll crack a CL for Bob tonight

To Bob!
D01A304F-4C0D-4FF1-88E6-7090372DA562.jpeg

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Spoke with Roland, when he opens back up and all this CV shit is done I think we should have a little party out @ROC in honor of Tulley. I’m sure Bob would enjoy nothing more than seeing all his boys together drinking the place dry of Coors Light.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Spoke with Roland, when he opens back up and all this CV shit is done I think we should have a little party out @ROC in honor of Tulley. I’m sure Bob would enjoy nothing more than seeing all his boys together drinking the place dry of Coors Light.

I'll be there.

Was talking to Roger about Maybe something this Sunday. I'll keep ya posted.