WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RIP to one of the MOST influential people in my life

Cole Brewed

Reaction score
Born 6/26/1942, passed 11/25/2020

Kashmir Charles S. Known to me as Chuck

Of Lithuanian decent, grew up on 104th in Inglewood, cut his teeth in a pretty rough neighborhood. Navy veteran, repo guy, handyman, bar bouncer. Eastwood, Marvin, Borgnine, Bronson, Savalas, are a few of his favorite actors. Had a passion for boating, scuba diving, and hunting. Had zero tolerance for illegal drugs, didn’t care much at all for alcohol, but loved ice cold milk in a frozen mug!

He came upon us as he dated my mother, nearly 10 years her senior, two kids were part of the deal. At a time transitioning from elementary school into jr high, lots of influences surrounded me. I’m not sure if I was more scared to act on the influences due to how he or my mother would react. Out of lack of desire and pure respect, I stayed on the straight narrow path and kept my nose clean.

He moved on in life and married and had a son and resided in Simi Valley where he passed last night around 2100.

2018 he had an onset of dementia and then suffered a stroke. Eventually became full Alzheimer’s , Early November 2020 he suffer another stroke, fell, and very badly injured himself.

It has been more than 30 years since we resided together, went boating or Bbq’d. I am glad I was able to hold his hand two weeks ago! Though as I type this I have a giant lump in my throat and welled up eyes. I will always have the void in my life losing a loved one, especially someone loved as a father.

This man was the closest I had to a real father figure.

RIP Chuck

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
A fitting and moving tribute... God speed to him and our deepest condolences to you.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

Of Lithuanian decent, grew up on 104th in Inglewood, cut his teeth in a pretty rough neighborhood. Navy veteran, repo guy, handyman, bar bouncer. Eastwood, Marvin, Borgnine, Bronson, Savalas, are a few of his favorite actors. Had a passion for boating, scuba diving, and hunting. Had zero tolerance for illegal drugs, didn’t care much at all for alcohol, but loved ice cold milk in a frozen mug!

He came upon us as he dated my mother, nearly 10 years her senior, two kids were part of the deal. At a time transitioning from elementary school into jr high, lots of influences surrounded me. I’m not sure if I was more scared to act on the influences due to how he or my mother would react. Out of lack of desire and pure respect, I stayed on the straight narrow path and kept my nose clean.

He moved on in life and married and had a son and resided in Simi Valley where he passed last night around 2100.

2018 he had an onset of dementia and then suffered a stroke. Eventually became full Alzheimer’s , Early November 2020 he suffer another stroke, fell, and very badly injured himself.

It has been more than 30 years since we resided together, went boating or Bbq’d. I am glad I was able to hold his hand two weeks ago! Though as I type this I have a giant lump in my throat and welled up eyes. I will always have the void in my life losing a loved one, especially someone loved as a father.

RIP Chuck

You are one of the "Lucky Ones" think how many Young Boys and Girls Ache to have a Father to love and be Loved back. In everything in Life and this World, it is a Priceless Gift that Costs Nothing. Especially at this type of season. Stories like this reinforces the event that happened to me some years ago. I had neighbors whowere Not Stellar Parents but their Children were so polite and just longed for attention and 🤔 I became close to Jason the oldest Son and would come over and do things together and enjoyed his company and teaching him along with learning from the Younger Generation. It became apparent things were not going well at home and I had a sense of a Separation/Divorce was close. After not seeing him for some time he came over and it was obvious there was something on his mind. I just let an akward situation go on until he finally told me that his Mother and Brothers annd Sisters were moving and how sad he was as just everything was so wrong in his life. Well we sat and talked and i attempted to say things that might make a bad situation a bit better then out of nowhere he Looked at me and after a long Pause said to me "I never asked to be Born" I am telling you I did try not to let tears appear while he hugged me, turned away and walked out of my life. I tried to stop him, but ?

People, I have heard many things Sad, Mad, Bad. There is No Child should ever feel or say a statement like this. EVER. They do want and need Love and encouragement along with Discipline.

I think of Jason so Often and say a Prayer it turned out for the best.

cole_skier

Reaction score

RIP Chuck

Sorry for your loss Danny. 2020 has been a bitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Chuck sounds like a great man. Wish I could have had the pleasure to meet him.

RIP Chuck. [emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rrrr

Reaction score
Hold those memories close, and live the rest of your life the way Chuck would have wanted you to. The man was a giant, he accepted you as a son, and raised you to have honor and love. Those gifts are priceless, and I think you know that.

Thank you for sharing a bit of Chuck with us. He would have liked that.

My condolences to you and your family.