1 recovered and three missing.. 😢

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This boat was in Havasu not that long ago. :(

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
You work your ass off your entire career, do everything right, make a ton of money, build the boat of your dreams and then this happens. Seems like we see it at least once a summer and it’s so sad. RIP.

My thoughts exactly. I will say the older I get the more I find myself thinking about my choices of having things that can kill me. Then I realize I'm not really living if I'm hiding from that so let em' RIP.

wallnutz

Reaction score
RIP boaters.
I thought there was a 50mph speed limit on that lake.

goshen82

Reaction score
RIP boaters.
I thought there was a 50mph speed limit on that lake.
There is it’s 55 but I don’t think it’s enforced there isn’t a ton of sheriff presence on the water. We maybe see him 1 time a day near the house that’s it.

wallnutz

Reaction score
There is it’s 55 but I don’t think it’s enforced there isn’t a ton of sheriff presence on the water. We maybe see him 1 time a day near the house that’s it.
I couldn’t remember, it’s been awhile since I have been there.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Some of you guys should really think before you type.. one person is confirmed dead, the other three I would presume to be dead (missing) they boated in Havasu.. it’s highly likely their friends and family are reading this thread.. and you got some comments here that are pretty…. 🤨

sirbob

Reaction score
Darn

May peace be with the families involved.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Absolutely awful. RIP to all involved and condolences to their families that are torn apart and living very difficult lives right now

HST4ME

Reaction score
Do you really live that miserable/ jealous life that you feel the need to say that after people have died in a boating accident?
No, I and friends have swam out and retrieved bodies and pulled them to shore to wait for the authorities to arrive, simply because people think it is "cool" to travel at or above race boat speeds with less, or none of the safety equipment (and talent) involved. Call me jaded, an asshole, or whatever but incidents like this that happen on a yearly basis just cause this sport to die by a thousand cuts.

Some odd years ago I and others were involved in a terribly drawn out lawsuit from a blowover incident that happened in Georgia, I was in fact the last person to touch the boat before it left. The families involved tried to sue everybody down to the person that painted the boat. Turns out too many drinks were had at dinner and a bro dozer wake at 150 mph....and none to minimal safety gear worn.

Just another one of "those" incidents. Getting into one of said given boats ain't going for a ride in grampas pontoon. A bunch of you could stand to hit the water at 100+ and know what it feels like.

25Elmn8r

Reaction score
Unfortunate accident. Sad start to the beginning or our boating season. RIP to what I'm assuming will end up being all onboard.

Local river for us. All the lakes and rivers are super high right now, so lots of deadheads and debris floating. Water is still pretty cold too from all the runoff as we've just started seeing warm temps.

You should see some of the comments on the Facebook news post. Most people up here have no clue about performance boats, let alone a cat.

rrrr

Reaction score
I think of the devastation that has slammed into the families of those lost, and pray they will find the strength to carry on in the coming days, weeks, months, and years.

The void left by the sudden death of those that meant so much to the survivors is vast and painful.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Such sad news to read. RIP and my thoughts and praayers to the families.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
So sad...Prayers for the family. I couldn't imagine what they are having to go through.

PaPaG

Reaction score
I hate reading about these types of incidents, folks out just trying to enjoy life and end up in such a horrible situation. Prayers to all involved, their families and friends.

propcheck

Reaction score
Dave, Thank you for sharing this news. It is tragic and sad. News like this serves as a reminder to us all to reflect on how fragile life is. My prayers are for those left behind and the future of sorrows they will endure from their loss. ☹️