WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RIP Tyler Evans

dribble

Reaction score
It's sounding like he may have taken his own life.

Racer X has learned that Tyler Evans, the bombastic, talented, former top privateer of AMA Supercross, has passed away. Evans was 38 years old.

While we have heard several stories as to the cause of death, we won't report on any of the rumors until they can be verified. We have heard that Tyler passed over the weekend in San Diego.

Reactions: TPC

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
GodSpeed to him, whatever the manner of his passing was.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Rumor mill among the community is OD.

He was on the PulpMX podcast a few months ago and sounded like he was on another planet.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
One punch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Reports on Instrgram started appearing Sunday night, September the 16th that Tyler Evans had died. We are unsure of the details as many of his friends reached out on their Instagram accounts mourning the death of their friend. His friends say that he has been in a dark place lately. Below are some of the Instagram posts from people that knew him.

Tyler raced 10 seasons as a professional racer. In the last five years of his career he raced Supercross only. Tyler had four podium finishes in the 125 class in Supercross and multiple top ten finishes in the 250 Supercross class. He was a fan favorite to many inside the stadiums as he was both a showman and a racer. Rest in peace, Tyler.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Don't know if this helps much...

Tyler Evans est décédé
Publié par La Rédaction le lundi 17 septembre 2018 à 20:20

Tout et n’importe quoi a été raconté sur internet ces dernières 24h à propos du décès de Tyler Evans à San Diego, c’est donc avec une extrême prudence que nous partageons cette triste nouvelle. A 38 ans, l’ancien pilote de Supercross laisse une image de « bad boy » sympathique et exubérante qui va certainement nous manquer. Repose en paix « One Punch ».

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Don't know if this helps much...

Tyler Evans est décédé
Publié par La Rédaction le lundi 17 septembre 2018 à 20:20

Tout et n’importe quoi a été raconté sur internet ces dernières 24h à propos du décès de Tyler Evans à San Diego, c’est donc avec une extrême prudence que nous partageons cette triste nouvelle. A 38 ans, l’ancien pilote de Supercross laisse une image de « bad boy » sympathique et exubérante qui va certainement nous manquer. Repose en paix « One Punch ».

Google Translate is a wonderful thing.

"
Tyler Evans is deceased
Posted by Rédaction on Monday 17 September 2018 at 20:20

Everything and everything has been told on the internet in the last 24 hours about the death of Tyler Evans in San Diego, so we share this sad news with extreme caution. At 38, the former Supercross pilot leaves a likeable and exuberant "bad boy" picture that will certainly be missed. Rest in peace"

K_p

Reaction score
Just to clarify any rumors, he did not OD. He did take his own life but not from overdosing. He had a lot of demons and unfortunately could not overcome his depression.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Shame....

So here’s my take on it. Some will agree, some won’t. So get it, some don’t.
When your life is all one activity and you live in a ‘I’m the man’ bubble you get tainted on reality.
Your income and lifestyle is rockstar. For lack of a better word. When it ends it ends abruptly. Big checks gone and all the perks that come with it disappear. Your image and self worth drop like a hammer.
Some can handle it, few can’t.
Sports have horrible endings most of the time. Injuries, spending like crazy on and on
If you have no income, no plan b, your screwed.
Plus a few brain injuries to make your thoughts not clear doesn’t help.

I ended a 10 year racing hobby then career, it was extremely confusing and depressing. Even with a plan b it took years to let it go.

Sad. Rip

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Sucks to hear anybody taking their life really.
One punch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I was gonna say, isnt he the one that KO''d Troy Lee?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

HotRod82

Reaction score
Shame....

So here’s my take on it. Some will agree, some won’t. So get it, some don’t.
When your life is all one activity and you live in a ‘I’m the man’ bubble you get tainted on reality.
Your income and lifestyle is rockstar. For lack of a better word. When it ends it ends abruptly. Big checks gone and all the perks that come with it disappear. Your image and self worth drop like a hammer.
Some can handle it, few can’t.
Sports have horrible endings most of the time. Injuries, spending like crazy on and on
If you have no income, no plan b, your screwed.
Plus a few brain injuries to make your thoughts not clear doesn’t help.

I ended a 10 year racing hobby then career, it was extremely confusing and depressing. Even with a plan b it took years to let it go.

Sad. Rip

Well said, sadly I can relate as I struck out in MX too. . I'm currently coaching a relative through quitting football, he's having a tough time with it. Many of his friends and college teammates are in the NFL while he is trying to figure out what to do with his life..........Tough pill to swallow, despite your best efforts you are not good enough.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
That sort of irrational behavior sounds very similar to some of the suicides by retired NFL players with CTE.