WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

ripped tunnel tab off daytona 25 help

amh44

Reaction score
last weekend I ripped the tunnel tab off my Daytona 25 how do I fix the holes and reattach it. It is attached by screws that screw into the wood stringer at the top of the tunnel

amh44

Reaction score
IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg

amh44

Reaction score
there are 5 screws that hold it on 2 broke off 1 held and 2 made about a 1in gash

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Double sided tape and be gtg dude!!!

Can you access the back part and through bolt it, if so just be sure to use a good large diameter stringer washer inside or better yet have a solid aluminum plate 3" tall by 3/8" thick and the width of the tab plus a little if you have room.

Backlash

Reaction score
Surprised that's only screwed into the hull. As stated, try and through bolt it correctly. If it's currently screwed in to the actual stringer, then you won't be able to through-bolt it though because the stringer will be in the way. You may have to repair what's damaged and make sure there is no water damage in that stringer. Then drill new holes and run much longer screws back into the same place. You'll have to make sure they are long enough to reach something solid. Sorry I doubt this helps at all. Haahahaa!!

BUSTI

Reaction score
Do you really need them? I'd get rid of it and fix the holes.

amh44

Reaction score
Do you really need them? I'd get rid of it and fix the holes.
yeah I do need them its a 96 so the drive is lower so they help with porpising a lot

and thanks guys for the help going to get started fixing tonight going to fix the holes and move the tab over a half inch

Backlash

Reaction score
Make sure the stringers aren't water logged. That could lead to a larger problem down the road. Good luck!