WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

River Dave for Havasu Mayor?

dezrtracer

Reaction score
Hell ya Shorts , RDP hat , RPP collared shirt and flip flops ..

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I honestly believe he’d have a shot being elected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup [emoji106]

My BIL retired in Yucca Valley as a a Battalion Chief.

Healthcare benefits weren’t part of his pension. But he discovered city council had great benefits (but little pay).

So he ran for city council for the sole purpose of getting benefits...and then he got the most votes.

And that’s how he became mayor of Yucca Valley LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Personally I like our current mayor.. I did my stint in politics already.

I put on a couple of boat races..

Reactions: SJP

yz450mm

Reaction score
"In breaking news, recently elected Mayor 'River Dave' has fired the entire city staff, and will immediately begin filling positions with members (inmates) from the forums on his popular boating website, Riverdavesplace.com."

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

X Hoser

Reaction score
Yup [emoji106]

My BIL retired in Yucca Valley as a stallion Chief.

Healthcare benefits weren’t part of his pension. But he discovered city council had great benefits (but little pay).

So he ran for city council for the sole purpose of getting benefits...and then he got the most votes.

And that’s how he became mayor of Yucca Valley LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I worked with him for years. One of the best guys around! No doubt he won.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That said Wheeler has been telling me this for years.. That I should get into some sort of local politics.

Om not sure how people out here that have an interest in Real Estate get to be on the planning commission but they all are.. I think I’d want to get into that if I was going to do something..

I’d consider running for Sherriff out here as it is an elected position. From what I have heard that can get to be pretty nasty business out here though as while you are running and if ya don’t win your life can be somewhat difficult.. lol

Mayor?? Surprisingly enough I agree with Hammer I’d have a better shot at winning it than some would think. I’ve lived here 9 years have zero enemies, and a pretty good name for myself. I’d say it’s possible.

Icky

Reaction score
Would drinking and boating be legal if your were an experienced boater?

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
I think you would make a helluva mayor. I think you are the unofficial mayor already.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Before the virus we kept our friends close and enemies closer. Oddly enough, they do the same.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
What form of city govt does Havasu have? Council w/weak mayor? Mayor/City Administrator? Council/City Manager?

Dana757

Reaction score
Hermosa Beach elected Burgie Benz back in the 90's. <- freaking awesome! I could see Dave being elected in Havasu.

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
That said Wheeler has been telling me this for years.. That I should get into some sort of local politics.

Om not sure how people out here that have an interest in Real Estate get to be on the planning commission but they all are.. I think I’d want to get into that if I was going to do something..

I’d consider running for Sherriff out here as it is an elected position. From what I have heard that can get to be pretty nasty business out here though as while you are running and if ya don’t win your life can be somewhat difficult.. lol

Mayor?? Surprisingly enough I agree with Hammer I’d have a better shot at winning it than some would think. I’ve lived here 9 years have zero enemies, and a pretty good name for myself. I’d say it’s possible.
I think you could win.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Friend of mine here in Glendora: Has an escrow office, a property management company, does commercial RE building (does houses for friends (like me)), AND is on the planning commission. Seems to work well for him.

;)

sintax

Reaction score
shit..... all you clowns are just LOOKIN to get banned from Havasu aren't you! I can picture it now, getting a two week ban from havasu because I yelled at some snowbird for being a jackass at the gas pump and taking up 2 spots.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
F0395E6B-302D-4AC0-86CC-A0CBD3DA97F6.gif

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
shit..... all you clowns are just LOOKIN to get banned from Havasu aren't you! I can picture it now, getting a two week ban from havasu because I yelled at some snowbird for being a jackass at the gas pump and taking up 2 spots.

I don’t think the mayor can do that.. lol. If I can I’ll run for mayor! :D

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Shit..... On busy weekends he already has more advertising out in the town than any potential candidate could hope for. I believe his name is on every bouy in Parker at least (I don't know about Havasu, never been on the lake.)

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Shit..... On busy weekends he already has more advertising out in the town than any potential candidate could hope for. I believe his name is on every bouy in Parker at least (I don't know about Havasu, never been on the lake.)

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Lol.. none in Havasu.. I’m sure the Parker ones are gone by now as we didn’t run big batches of stickers for years..

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I don’t want to have to wear a biz suit all the time etc... I used to wear a shirt and tie everyday and when I went to work for myself I said never again.. lol.

I’ll have to see your “pocket City” scores before pulling the lever.

549DB17E-2656-444F-B982-27896494067B.png

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
How about Vice Mayor for a test run Dave?
👍