WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

River Draining Today Sept 10, 2020 - Laughlin to Havasu

AZRiverRunner

Reaction score
Today is the day they are draining the River in an attempt to eradicate the Caddisfly larvae and pupae.

It takes about 10 hours for the River to flow pulse to go from Davis Dam/Laughlin to The Needles / Mohave Valley area, about 16-18 hours to flow into Havasu. So beware, the River still looks to be at normal level now, but will drop quickly today.

AZRiverRunner

Reaction score
Did anyone get photos of the low water levels last time? Would be interesting to see what it looks like.

It’s still looking normal at 10am in Mohave Valley/Needles area.. I have to go into my office in Henderson today and might miss it. If I’m back before dark, I’ll snap some photos or get my drone up for some aerial views.
image.jpg

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
Did anyone get photos of the low water levels last time? Would be interesting to see what it looks like.
We were in the no wake zone in the gorge that day until around 4pm with no issues.
20200820_135807.jpg
20200820_135755.jpg

SW_GLASS

Reaction score
It’s still looking normal at 10am in Mohave Valley/Needles area.. I have to go into my office in Henderson today and might miss it. If I’m back before dark, I’ll snap some photos or get my drone up for some aerial views. View attachment 921059
Your house is across the river from my mom's river house in Needles (circled below). I have spent some time on her patio drooling over your boat. If you are ever feel like doing charity work I would love a ride in your boat hahahahaha.

If you are ever up and see us on the patio or beach feel free to stop by and say hi and hangout. We normally hangout under the neighbors deck in the shade on the beach during the day.
River House Image.jpg

RVRKID

Reaction score
I saw pictures somewhere, I think Facebook, and it showed people out cleaning up the river.

AZRiverRunner

Reaction score
Your house is across the river from my mom's river house in Needles (circled below). I have spent some time on her patio drooling over your boat. If you are ever feel like doing charity work I would love a ride in your boat hahahahaha.

If you are ever up and see us on the patio or beach feel free to stop by and say hi and hangout. We normally hangout under the neighbors deck in the shade on the beach during the day.
View attachment 921079

AZRiverRunner

Reaction score

Thank you, I’ll come by and say Hi 👍🏼

CobraDave

Reaction score
I might be heading upriver tomorrow morning. Hopefully it’s back up by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
I might be heading upriver tomorrow morning. Hopefully it’s back up by then.

It is... 9/11/20 as of 10 pm, 3 units, down for 4 units at 9 to 10 pm.

Forcast for 9/12- 3 units at 5-6 am, 4 units at 7 to 8 am, thru 10 pm.

These are at Davis Dam, farther down river will longer.

Dan'l

shock22

Reaction score
Must have been late morning saw an couple of boats hit bottom around 8:00 this morning

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Must have been late morning saw an couple of boats hit bottom around 8:00 this morning
There were several stuck in 6” water when we came back from breakfast around 10am, but they were not where they were supposed to be at all. The line along the reeds was fine this morning at 730 and no issues all the way up nor getting into topock

Last edited:

CobraDave

Reaction score
Ran all the way north of the Needles bridge without issue. I did see a wakeboard boat stuck at the mouth but he tried to just go right down the middle.

dezrtracer

Reaction score
I made it from Havasu to the Gorge on Friday afternoon problem . Water looked to be down a foot and a half though .