River Monster Catfish / hide your small children

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
64 pounder caught yesterday on the lower river

8DA1296C-5354-47FD-B1DF-DBF638640349.jpeg
9DCFBA05-FC1A-4E56-8446-F8D019416380.jpeg

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Wow. Its not often you see things that big in the river.

I was out in front of the Big River RV park one morning years ago at low water to take the jet ski up and look for my tool back on the bottom, as I was idling out I saw a turtle that looked to be about 3' + long swimming right in front of me.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I believe there were reports of sturgeon up river from lake Mead

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
I believe there were reports of sturgeon up river from lake Mead

Better not be. They will decimate local game fish.

If there are, they were brought in by snowbirds so they can fish for them, "just like back home". Several years ago someone transplanted Northern Pike into northern Arizona lakes. Game & Fish and USFWS had to "de oxygenate" (kill) the lakes to get rid of them.

It is illegal to even possess live sturgeon or viable sturgeon eggs in Arizona.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Small compared to the ones in front of big bend in Parker. Deepest part of the river with a few huge ones that live there.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Got stuck by a dorsal spine on a big Cat several years back taking the hook out ... was worse than anything I could recall in terms of pain , I sat on the dock rocking myself squealing like a little girl Ouch !

77charger

Reaction score

If there are, they were brought in by snowbirds so they can fish for them, "just like back home". Several years ago someone transplanted Northern Pike into northern Arizona lakes. Game & Fish and USFWS had to "de oxygenate" (kill) the lakes to get rid of them.

That was also done in a nor cal lake years ago. They had to do 2 kills I believe

hallett21

Reaction score

How do they even pull off transplanting fish like that? Throw them in cooler and haul ass?

You’d think they’d die in transit or being shocked from the new water source

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I thought I heard there were Piranhas in Havasu....;)

ving-rhames-gets-midieval-with-an-outboard.jpg

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Very impressive. I wonder if the meat gets tough when they get that big. I guess you could an always deep fry it.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Years ago we pulled one out near Water Wheel that weighed 42 lbs. It was delicious.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Very impressive. I wonder if the meat gets tough when they get that big. I guess you could an always deep fry it.
In my experience, yes it does. My old man hooked up a 6# cat in dive rock cove (Gene Wash Canyon) near the island. We dressed it that afternoon and wrapped it in foil with butter and herbs and threw it on the grill..
Meat was like chewing through gristle.
Imo, when you catch a channel cat more than 4 pounds, it's better to take a picture and release it unless you have a good taxidermist.