WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

River Motorsports: 2 thumbs down

RPVMom

Reaction score
So...I just want to make everyone aware, yes there is a "new" shop in town, and since it's often a long wait to get your stuff worked on at Parker Yamaha, I gave them a try. Took my GSX there and told them it was leaking, and not running well. They put in a part, charged me over $400 and assured me that it was water tight and good to go. Not only did it not run well, it SANK! I took it back to them after my teenage son retrieved it from the bottom of the river (thank God it was tied to the dock pretty well) and they water tested it again and found it was leaking from the sponsons....fair enough, but would have been good to know before I launched it with the plan of leaving it in all week and took off to town with the only vehichle my son had to pull it OUT.
So, I did stop payment on the check before I took it back to them, which they were not too happy about, but you all need to know that they tried to sell me a NEW BATTERY...the battery was out when I went to pick it up, however after charging, the battery (sealed battery new from Interstate this summer) was FINE.
I am not at all happy with the (lack of) service. I did pay the original invoice to get my ski out of jail, and a $6 service charge, but I will take my business to Eric at Parker Yamaha from now on!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Just a dumb question here.. How are they supposed to know your jetski had a hull leak without puttiong it in the water? (which seems to be the main basis oF your complaint)..

RD

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Just a dumb question here.. How are they supposed to know your jetski had a hull leak without puttiong it in the water? (which seems to be the main basis oF your complaint)..

RD

So...I just want to make everyone aware, yes there is a "new" shop in town, and since it's often a long wait to get your stuff worked on at Parker Yamaha, I gave them a try. Took my GSX there and told them it was leaking, and not running well. They put in a part, charged me over $400 and assured me that it was water tight and good to go. Not only did it not run well, it SANK! I took it back to them after my teenage son retrieved it from the bottom of the river (thank God it was tied to the dock pretty well) and they water tested it again and found it was leaking from the sponsons....fair enough, but would have been good to know before I launched it with the plan of leaving it in all week and took off to town with the only vehichle my son had to pull it OUT.
So, I did stop payment on the check before I took it back to them, which they were not too happy about, but you all need to know that they tried to sell me a NEW BATTERY...the battery was out when I went to pick it up, however after charging, the battery (sealed battery new from Interstate this summer) was FINE.
I am not at all happy with the (lack of) service. I did pay the original invoice to get my ski out of jail, and a $6 service charge, but I will take my business to Eric at Parker Yamaha from now on!
:hmm :point

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We'll there ya go... Lol

on that note I wi say I'm not a huge fan Of people bashing businesses on here.. And am trying to keep it to a minimum.. I wasn't overly impressed with my experience down there either though..When they serviced my teryx I was pretty specific I wanted a compression check done and a few other things.. Other then the service nothng was checked.

RD

Reaction score
The pepsi i got from circle k this am was watered down. :thumbsdown:thumbsdown:thumbsdown

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
the hangover i had the other day from the imported beer sucked :(:blah::rolleyes::thumbsdown

RPVMom

Reaction score
I feel like they also took advantage of me being a woman....they TOLD ME they had water tested it, that was part of the reason I brought it in, and just being a stupid, naive mom, I TRUSTED them that it was not leaking. I have a feeling they never put it in the water the first time, yet they charged me labor for doing it. Hubby can't always be here with me and the kids in the summer, and I need a place I can trust to work on the toys. As a side note, I can count on one hand the number of times I have stopped payment on a check in my almost 50 yrs....but I was very upset and feel like they were lucky it was not worse and my son was able to get the ski out and with the help of a neighbor get the water out of the motor...and I would have probably left it at that and let by gones be by gones except for the fact that, to add insult to injury, they tried to REAM me for a NEW BATTERY when in fact the one that they took out was perfectly good. It took my son and the neighbor 3 hours (figure out the labor cost, 2 men X 3 hrs each, of that if the shoe were on the other foot!) to get the ski out and dried out. They have a lot of nerve. They won't be seeing me again, ever.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Don't feel bad on the battery front.. It's not because your a woman. That's standard operating procedure for damn near all service shops nation wide. Lol.

On that note you'll probably need a new battery now that it sunk. Not sure about the charging systems on a jetski but it's probably going to be junk as well once the corrosion sets in.

RD

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score

You took it back to them after stopping payment, I bet they were glad to see you. Were you looking for them to do warranty work for something you didn't pay for.:p

RPVMom

Reaction score
You took it back to them after stopping payment, I bet they were glad to see you. Were you looking for them to do warranty work for something you didn't pay for.:p

Hey I didn't want something for nothing, I planned on paying them for the part they had put in, but I wanted them to diagnose where it was leaking from, which they did, after I brought it back. I picked it up for only the original amount of the original invoice, they did replace a part after all, even though it didnt' fix the problem, I assume it was something that needed to be replaced. So I knew what I was doing, and wasn't looking for warranty work, just wanted to get out of them what they were supposed to do to begin with : FIND THE LEAK.
Mission accomplished, they have thier money, and I got a couple more hours of labor out of them without paying for it....but thanks for the smart ass suggestions everyone!:blah:

Reaction score
Hey I didn't want something for nothing, I planned on paying them for the part they had put in, but I wanted them to diagnose where it was leaking from, which they did, after I brought it back. I picked it up for only the original amount of the original invoice, they did replace a part after all, even though it didnt' fix the problem, I assume it was something that needed to be replaced. So I knew what I was doing, and wasn't looking for warranty work, just wanted to get out of them what they were supposed to do to begin with : FIND THE LEAK.
Mission accomplished, they have thier money, and I got a couple more hours of labor out of them without paying for it....but thanks for the smart ass suggestions everyone!:blah:
Chip on your shoulder much?

Dont start a bash thread and expect to get non smart ass comment. Sheese

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Chip on your shoulder much?

Dont start a bash thread and expect to get non smart ass comment. Sheese
better watch out RPVMom,or you too will be on 460's "list":D

PolarBearKing

The Ass Man
Reaction score
I don't know AZ law, but you'll probably see them again....Most likely in court.

Sorry, I hate taking anything to a shop. If I can, I'd prefer it gets done. Always takes longer and cost a few busted knuckles, but at least I know it was done right.

Good luck. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

linus3

Reaction score
I may be wrong but is River Motorsports on RDP. I am a big fan of the, "other half of the story"........:hmm

boatnam2

Reaction score
Thinking most decent shops have a tank to test them in, sounds like a normal try to rip them off she's a woman deal. Sorry about your experience.

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
:D:D:D

Death threat list needs one more. Wait, didnt outdrive1 fill the final spot yesterday?:D

You could always start a waiting list.:cool:

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
I may be wrong but is River Motorsports on RDP. I am a big fan of the, "other half of the story"........:hmm

That is Parker Power Sports not River Motorsports that post here.

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score
It being 2-cycle did you run it ASAP after you got dried out? If you didn't rust will develop in the bearings, polished surfaces and suffer black death.

RPVMom

Reaction score
It being 2-cycle did you run it ASAP after you got dried out? If you didn't rust will develop in the bearings, polished surfaces and suffer black death.

Yes we did, thanks for asking! We have had Sea Doos since they first came out and have learned enough to do that. Even I can do that now when needed, but I shouldn't have had to, because it had just gotten out of the shop and supposedly they had fixed the problem! So I trusted that it would NOT sink ! But we got it started right away and put plugs in and new oil, because it was night and it was dark and my boys knew they couldn't sit with water overnight.

And funny about "one less jet skiier" because I actually feel the same way about jet skis, sea doos, waverunners, lake lice, whatever...but my boys, who are both ski racers, still enjoy relaxing playing with the sea doos in the early mornings, they don't take them out with the rest of the morons. They are up here in the summer a lot training for marathons, for Pittsburg next weekend, and it's nice to have something for them to do once in a while other than hang on behind the boat ! :p

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
... thanks for the smart ass suggestions everyone!:blah:

Hi, RPVMom.

This gruop specializes in smart assed comments. Seriously. This group of fart smellers would mock the second comming of Christ.

It's not a matter of disrespect, necessarily. There are lots of people here who would help any way they can. It's simply a matter of entertainment.

I think it's safe to say your message has gotten out, probably more so given the smart ass comments that brought additional views. You didn't seem to require assistance, so we're doing little more than having fun and bumping your thread to the top.

It's understandable that you might feel grumpy about the situation but we do not need to feel that way. It's OK for some in the group to be grumpy while others are happy.

Good luck with your PWC and your sons have my best wishes for a great race in Pittsburg. :cool:

In closing, I'd like to point out that Logitech still sucks. I wish it weren't so but I'm trying to deal with it like an adult. If they had an office here, I would definitely give them a lawn job. ... and it would read like this, "Loogittteeeechhh sssuuuxxxxx!!!!!!"

Please have a wonderful weekend! :)

Riodog

Reaction score
RM, I'd have prolly takin advantage of you too but I think we need some pics to make that a sure thing.....As for the Doo, ya could have just left it on the bottom for an anchor.
Rio

RPVMom

Reaction score
RM, I'd have prolly takin advantage of you too but I think we need some pics to make that a sure thing.....As for the Doo, ya could have just left it on the bottom for an anchor.
Rio

so...RioDog, I see you have a photo of your breakfast posted as YOUR Avatar, what should I post a photo of?;)

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
so...RioDog, I see you have a photo of your breakfast posted as YOUR Avatar, what should I post a photo of?;)

Your boobs.:p

He put his cans in his avitar, now put your cans in your avitar................

Last edited:

RPVMom

Reaction score
Hi, RPVMom.

It's understandable that you might feel grumpy about the situation but we do not need to feel that way. It's OK for some in the group to be grumpy while others are happy.

Good luck with your PWC and your sons have my best wishes for a great race in Pittsburg. :cool:

QUOTE]

Nah...I'm not grumpy...and thanks for the best wishes for my kids.
Now if I could only figure out how to take a picture of my boobs, everyone would be happy :p

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Now if I could only figure out how to take a picture of my boobs, everyone would be happy :p

:thumbsup Only if you post them.

BTW. I would be willing to bet that if you showed them your Boobs when you took the ski down to be repaired, this thread would have gone a whole different direction.:D

Last edited:

linus3

Reaction score
:lmao
Sometimes little white lies are the best way to go. Had you said it was a Schiada instead of a ski. Shit would have hit the fan. F16's would have rolled and the river would have been shut down until the problem was resolved 100% to your satisfaction ;) :D

Reaction score
Sometimes little white lies are the best way to go. Had you said it was a Schiada instead of a ski. Shit would have hit the fan. F16's would have rolled and the river would have been shut down until the problem was resolved 100% to your satisfaction ;) :D
Thats 2 in one thread. You better stop or your going to run out of jokes.

gqchris

Reaction score

LOLLOLOL...Signature Worthy there!

RPVMom

Reaction score
Here they are...all 3 of them!
Be sure to look for us out on the river!
my3boobs.jpg

:cool: