WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

River Rona

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Anyone else come back from the River / Havasu with a dry cough ?

Seems like the last few times I've spent 4+ days out there, I come back and end up with a dry cough and irritated throat. Just got back from a 7-day trip and I have it pretty good this time. I chalk it up to a week of drinking and staying up till 2am, which makes me come home feeling pretty thrashed by Monday and with a cough / dry throat.

Dat you Rona?

1594150490923.png

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Ha, that’s funny. Just got back last week and it took a few days for that to go away. I was the only one though. Weird.

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score

Seems like the last few times I've spent 4+ days out there, I come back and end up with a dry cough and irritated throat. Just got back from a 7-day trip and I have it pretty good this time. I chalk it up to a week of drinking and staying up till 2am, which makes me come home feeling pretty thrashed by Monday and with a cough / dry throat.

Dat you Rona?

View attachment 896692
I felt the same way a couple of weeks ago when we got back. I just chalked it up to getting old and not being able to hang like I use to. I'd be lying if didn't go through my mind that I had the Rona:oops:

DWC

Reaction score
Yep, every single damn trip. Scares me a little each time. Guessing it’s always been that way but just never noticed.

BingerFang

Reaction score
Ahahaha, I feel the same! Definitely mental with everything going on.

sintax

Reaction score
So if i'm reading your symptoms correctly, you're getting these symptoms when you come back. I'm feeling your allergic to where ever you live and you should prob just solve this by not coming back home and moving to the river. seems simple enough to me.

Reaction score
bet it has more to do with the air coming out of your car air conditioner on the drive home than the air on the river.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Increased drinking (and smoking for some).. not uncommon.

also have you changed your house filters and had the ducts cleaned recently?

Ouderkirk

Reaction score

Dat you Rona?

View attachment 896692

How many packs of cigarettes ?

One2go

Reaction score
Ac cranked to 75. Outside =110. Add alcohol and and late night parties. Also try Alavert. Works great

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Valley fever

Requires a medical diagnosis
The initial form is often mild, with few symptoms. When symptoms do occur, they may resemble those of the flu, including fever, cough, chills, and chest pain.

All over Arizona.

Dan'l

riverroyal

Reaction score
Yeap, feel,like shit every mon and tues. dry air, booze, sleep hours off and age.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Always happens to me at the desert or the river.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MagicMan

Reaction score
Im sitting in bed wondering the same thing. I enjoyed a cigar everyday followed by cold drinks not to mention staying up all night and sleeping with the cold AC. Yup I should go get tested

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Valley fever

Requires a medical diagnosis
The initial form is often mild, with few symptoms. When symptoms do occur, they may resemble those of the flu, including fever, cough, chills, and chest pain.

All over Arizona.

Dan'l

Interesting you mention this. I had all of this last November. It knocked me over for 3 weeks! My local doctor finally diagnosed me with this. Knowing what I know now, I swear it was the Rona! You’re the first person I’ve ever seen mention Valley Fever other than the doctor.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Interesting you mention this. I had all of this last November. It knocked me over for 3 weeks! My local doctor finally diagnosed me with this. Knowing what I know now, I swear it was the Rona! You’re the first person I’ve ever seen mention Valley Fever other than the doctor.

If you have valley fever I’m pretty sure you get that for life.. i don’t know a lot about it but I believe it comes from spores in dirt that hasn’t been disturbed in awhile.

I think you’d mostly get that from off-roading or something?

I did have a guy tell me one time though that 3/4 of Phoenix has it so I dunno.. lol

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score

I think that was something different, valley fever doesnt make your knees sore and bruised.. just sayin!🤷‍♂️🤣🚤🍻

Performance Grips

Reaction score
Maybe you should stay locked in your basement with tin foil on your windows eat canned beans and you wouldn't have to think twice if you had the rona? Or go to the river and live your life and have a river hangover.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
If you have valley fever I’m pretty sure you get that for life.. i don’t know a lot about it but I believe it comes from spores in dirt that hasn’t been disturbed in awhile.

I think you’d mostly get that from off-roading or something?

I did have a guy tell me one time though that 3/4 of Phoenix has it so I dunno.. lol

100% serious when I say my respiratory system has been fucked since! My mom died at 63 of a strange lung disease. I need to go get shit looked at, but the fkn doctors office is packed tighter than a prisoners ass these days!