WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

River water level

boataholic

Reaction score
Was thinking about making my first run of 2020, are the water levels high enough to launch out of Jack Smith or Pirates this time of year?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
Earlier in the week water levels were pretty good. That’s why the lake has gone up about a foot since last weekend. However now the river is pretty damn low. You’d have a hard time getting out of the channel at Moabi. And Jack Smith‘s going to be pretty tight as well.
Once you’re in the river you’re OK
E5BED8A3-2274-436A-B70A-1C17D4CEA6BA.png

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
the lake has been down for what seems like a couple feet for the past few weeks. I hung a third axle over the end of ramp to launch the boat at the marina two weeks ago. lots of exposed spots along shorelines. It has definitely come up this past week, however I am not ready to run up river to find out IF I can make it or not.
I did stop off the highway at the pirate for some lunch one day in my commutes, there were a couple smaller boats that were navigating thru the moabi channel, use caution.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Was thinking about making my first run of 2020, are the water levels high enough to launch out of Jack Smith or Pirates this time of year?

Wheres the pics of the new sled!?

Wheres the pics of the new sled Brian!?;)

boataholic

Reaction score
I saw your old one launch out of pirate last weekend i think. Or the weekend before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes last Friday, that was me and the new buyer test driving.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Thank you. Now just need to find a place to launch. Was trying to avoid towing all the way into Havasu.

Unfortunately, my mind says make the drive. Hopefully you will be able to have your mind at ease knowing that you can launch at Windsor without any headaches and run open deeper water on plane without worrying about obstacle's/hazards. its just gonna consume more time out of your day. But, I think it might be worth the drive.

rightytighty

Reaction score
So when they increase flow from 1 to 2 units at Davis Dam/Mojave (say at 10 AM) about how long does it take for the water to rise at say Pirates/Moabi? Thx

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I wait till that guy who flys , hopefully he’ll be on here soon , posts pics of the entrance from the end of the lake into the river . It’s great to see the channel and deeper water

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
I was at Windsor last week and it had a lot of white rocks showing, today it was up to a normal level by looking at the beach, I ran up to sand bar, no issue, water was fine. Good day on the lake.

Dmangus

Reaction score
I ran up to the sandbar also a few weeks ago. No issues.