WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

River Whips

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
@RiverDave most the guys posting lately are trying to turn this thing into fb with all the chinese virus and stuff. wish it was more boat stuff!!

I quarantined most of that shit into its own section. Boat stuff coming quickly.. just been behind on somethings and dealing with this virus BS like everyone else

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Watch size ..... not that I have a problem with Huge watches or RW at all.

I know nothing about watches and thatā€™s not by accident.

I can find better things to blow the little bit of money I have on. šŸ™‚

Last edited:

Dana757

Reaction score
I know nothing about watches and thatā€™s not by accident. RW?

I can find better things to blow the little bit of money I have on. šŸ™‚
Some guys over there machine custom watches. They are flipping HUGE and I think they are pretty cool.

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
they are the most awful looking things ever...and i heard they charge big dollars for them lol

Would there be any interest in a watch that matches your boat that is not oversized? Or does that takeaway from the custom look of it?

Last edited:

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Last summer someone with a River Whips sticker on their truck honked and flipped me off... I would assume it was because they saw my RDP sticker on my rear window. I did not notice any large watch on their wrist :rolleyes:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Would there be any interest in a watch that matches your boat that is not obscenely sized? Or does that takeaway from the custom look of it?

I don't know why everyone is banging on Gene's watches (pound foolish).. They aren't my thing, but a lot of people like them and Gene is a hell of a nice guy.

They do make a smaller watch that isn't coaster sized if ya want one.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Last summer someone with a River Whips sticker on their truck honked and flipped me off... I would assume it was because they saw my RDP sticker on my rear window. I did not notice any large watch on their wrist :rolleyes:

You know that has never happened to me.. LOL

Although I will say when the cops on here were telling me that they have rdp stickers on the back of their ticket books. I thought that was kinda funny.

RD

Advantage 1

Reaction score
You know that has never happened to me.. LOL

Although I will say when the cops on here were telling me that they have rdp stickers on the back of their ticket books. I thought that was kinda funny.

RD
I was rolling 5 North in Carlsbad just minding my own business in the #2 lane... hear a honk, look over and here comes the finger HA HA šŸ–•šŸ–•

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
I don't know why everyone is banging on Gene's watches (pound foolish).. They aren't my thing, but a lot of people like them and Gene is a hell of a nice guy.

RD

Fixed it. Not trying to bang on anyone's deal. Was more asking as most contemporary watches are in the 37-44mm range these days, maybe an underserved market segment?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Fixed it. Not trying to bang on anyone's deal. Was more asking as most contemporary watches are in the 37-44mm range these days, maybe an underserved market segment?

People keep ordering the flavor flaves lol

I was just saying he makes a small one too.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Ive never been on river whips. I dont do Facebook. How does RW make money? Is it a business?
Last year at desert storm i saw them at a bar/club throwing money around. It was pretty ridiculous. That was all i needed to see.

Riverryder

Reaction score
I always wondered the same as the guy above?
At least with rdp we have a forum.
How did river Dave come up with a forum too?
Is this a cult? Haha
I found this site trying to find info on my Carrera. Then I saw the boat was like yes this is me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mobldj

Reaction score

RD
big watch....small p...s lol

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I always wondered the same as the guy above?
At least with rdp we have a forum.
How did river Dave come up with a forum too?
Is this a cult? Haha
I found this site trying to find info on my Carrera. Then I saw the boat was like yes this is me!

Ditto. Found this site looking for info on my Ultra, then posted the rebuild here as well. Eventually there will be a '64 Howard rebuild posted too. Just haven't gotten to that project yet

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Ive never been on river whips. I dont do Facebook. How does RW make money? Is it a business?
Last year at desert storm i saw them at a bar/club throwing money around. It was pretty ridiculous. That was all i needed to see.
$5.00 a sticker x 100,000 or whatever the figure is..
Hats..shirts.. Do the math..

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Not sure why they need to make $$$ to have a boating group on Facebook. Iā€™m on many group pages on FB. Sports groups, Trade related groups, Corvette groups, RDP group....

Riverryder

Reaction score

So rdp saw the market and capitalized? Like heā€™s gonna do with rdp trader?

Riverryder

Reaction score
Not sure why they need to make $$$ to have a boating group on Facebook. Iā€™m on many group pages on FB. Sports groups, Trade related groups, Corvette groups, RDP group....

River whips is doing something. Only reason I saw it was the guy I bought my old Carrera from had a sticker on his truck. I donā€™t ever wear name brands. Donā€™t advertise for anyone for free or pay for the item then advertise for them.

I have a truck thatā€™s built. Someone asks me about it I tell them you go look and find out what it has. Boat they ask ask me the brand I tell them go look and find out.

I do and follow a lot of companyā€™s but they wonā€™t gain anythin from me besides my business.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
River whips is doing something. Only reason I saw it was the guy I bought my old Carrera from had a sticker on his truck. I donā€™t ever wear name brands. Donā€™t advertise for anyone for free or pay for the item then advertise for them.

I have a truck thatā€™s built. Someone asks me about it I tell them you go look and find out what it has. Boat they ask ask me the brand I tell them go look and find out.

I do and follow a lot of companyā€™s but they wonā€™t gain anythin from me besides my business.

Iā€™m on River Whips and have never been asked to buy anything or read anything that involves making $$$. Other them selling stickers and hats. Seems like a bunch of people that like boats. Same as the Eliminator groups that I belong to.

WYRD

Reaction score
I don't do the facial book but I could go for some more t&a around here. I understand we all get older but sometimes I feel like I went from 22 to 72 based on the threads I read on here. Buncha old ninnies arguing about nothing at times, then you have the resident wannabe mod gayin up the joint...just sayin

Backlash

Reaction score
Is it a coincidence that this particular thread involves wrapping one's gay watch around one's penis? I guess that pretty much sums it up. šŸ¤£

Croz

Reaction score
I don't do the facial book but I could go for some more t&a around here. I understand we all get older but sometimes I feel like I went from 22 to 72 based on the threads I read on here. Buncha old ninnies arguing about nothing at times, then you have the resident wannabe mod gayin up the joint...just sayin

šŸ˜‚ spot on

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Iā€™m on River Whips and have never been asked to buy anything or read anything that involves making $$$. Other them selling stickers and hats. Seems like a bunch of people that like boats. Same as the Eliminator groups that I belong to.

Itā€™s the same thing, but there are very few avenues to monitize a Facebook group and make money. Facebook makes the vast majority of the money. That is not the case on a forum.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
And if you watch the posts, people pay out for these stickers then have to ask a month or two later ā€œhey whereā€™s my stickerā€ they sell 1000 then go get them made.

I do have one River Wipes shirt but i got it from Positive Trim as he did a colab with them for the familyā€™s of Lickity Split.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I got 10$ on it! But letā€™s chip in and order a few of these for @RiverDave perfect for his garage.
D9B89C0A-3835-45E2-8DF9-B8DC8A559BEC.png

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Dave charges too much for his shit lol

Not just Dave, Tony@DCB, Eliminator & Advantage Bob as well. Then there are the guys in the boat sale section have you seen the prices there? Damn!!! What happened to the 80s pricing? LOL