WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Riverbound Units Discussion

gqchris

Reaction score
Lets discuss guys, I put my name on the mailing list thinking these would be for lease, and come to find out they are BUY only. So they are 200k for a storage unit and awning. And you have to lease the land as well. Anyone even going to entertain this? In case you dont get the emails, here was the latest. They are waiving the lease fees. I assuming a lot of people bitched about it. Thoughts?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dear Chris
We hope this finds you and yours healthy and happy. We are excited to announce a Very Special Labor Day Promotion!

We are waiving the Land Lease Fee entirely for the FIRST 2 YEARS for any and all signed purchase contracts by SEPTEMBER 30th!!

CALL TODAY
to lock in a site of your choice right away. An agent with the Dustin Runyon Real Estate Team is ready now to answer any questions and to walk you through the appropriate paperwork, they can be reached directly at 928-298-3656.

Labor Day Promotion Pricing:
-RV Park Building
$159,000
-Land Lease Fee
$599 monthly– FIRST 2 YEARS WAIVED FOR THIS LIMITED TIME PROMOTION

Additional Site Info:
-Each RV Park Building (50 ft x 20 ft wide PLUS 50 ft x 15ft covered RV parking with full hookups)
-Each RV Site (75 ft x 75 ft)

Amenities Include:
- $4,000 building improvement allowance
- Heated Pool / Spa
- Private Pool House (Bathrooms/Showers/Lockers)
- Personal WiFi (Up to 30 Mbps)
- Convenience Store
- Golf Driving Range
- Pickleball court
- Basketball court
- Kids Park
- Dog Exercise Area
- Building Insurance
- Property Tax
- Property Maintenance
- Sewer
- Water

Best Regards,
Riverbound Storage Management LLC

Last edited:

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Cool idea, but for me and what it is the location kills it. Just storage -sure. If it was closer to town maybe. I guess I just don't like Wendy's enough to be way down there LOL

franky

Reaction score
They are scrambling. They started (I was told) at $220k and dropped to $200k and then now to $160. The monthly dues are $600/month which also was also previously higher. And you pay electricity. This for a 1000 ft sq metal building with an awning way out in the desert north of town, 16 miles from Windsor.

No Thanks.....you can build that same building for $60k on any commercial lot along Maricopa or Sweetwater on the south side and own the property.

DWC

Reaction score
Price wouldn’t be that out of line without the lease payment. It would have to be closer to town to make it worth while. They should have put them closer together and cut out the amenities to get the payment much lower.

hallett21

Reaction score
They own the land correct? No BLM lease?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay Dub

Reaction score
Lets discuss guys, I put my name on the mailing list thinking these would be for lease, and come to find out they are BUY only. So they are 200k for a storage unit and awning. And you have to lease the land as well. Anyone even going to entertain this? In case you dont get the emails, here was the latest. They are waiving the lease fees. I assuming a lot of people bitched about it. Thoughts?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dear Chris
We hope this finds you and yours healthy and happy. We are excited to announce a Very Special Labor Day Promotion!

We are waiving the Land Lease Fee entirely for the FIRST 2 YEARS for any and all signed purchase contracts by SEPTEMBER 30th!!

CALL TODAY
to lock in a site of your choice right away. An agent with the Dustin Runyon Real Estate Team is ready now to answer any questions and to walk you through the appropriate paperwork, they can be reached directly at 928-298-3656.

Labor Day Promotion Pricing:
-RV Park Building
$159,000
-Land Lease Fee
$599 monthly– FIRST 2 YEARS WAIVED FOR THIS LIMITED TIME PROMOTION

Additional Site Info:
-Each RV Park Building (50 ft x 20 ft wide PLUS 50 ft x 15ft covered RV parking with full hookups)
-Each RV Site (75 ft x 75 ft)

Amenities Include:
- $4,000 building improvement allowance
- Heated Pool / Spa
- Private Pool House (Bathrooms/Showers/Lockers)
- Personal WiFi (Up to 30 Mbps)
- Convenience Store
- Golf Driving Range
- Pickleball court
- Basketball court
- Kids Park
- Dog Exercise Area
- Building Insurance
- Property Tax
- Property Maintenance
- Sewer
- Water

Best Regards,
Riverbound Storage Management LLC
I looked into these also. I think the pricing is way out of line. I would rather buy the cheapest house in town and fix-up the garage to meet my needs. Additionally the location seems inviting to theft and crime.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
They are scrambling. They started (I was told) at $220k and dropped to $200k and then now to $160. The monthly dues are $600/month which also was also previously higher. And you pay electricity. This for a 1000 ft sq metal building with an awning way out in the desert north of town, 16 miles from Windsor.

No Thanks.....you can build that same building for $60k on any commercial lot along Maricopa or Sweetwater on the south side and own the property.

This.

The 600.00 a month absolutely kills the deal, and the pricing seems very high on the units themselves?

gqchris

Reaction score
This.

The 600.00 a month absolutely kills the deal, and the pricing seems very high on the units themselves?

Im with ya Dave.

So to put this into comparison, I pay $340 a month for my 60 foot Storage unit in Needles. So I figure, hey......maybe these will come in at 800 a month or 900 a month, would be cool to be able to keep the X3 there also and ride in Winter time. But I still gotta drag my boat in town, and it just doesnt make sense to me to own there for that price. Im not sure who they are targeting, but they just priced out the guy like me with no Havasu house, but wants a little something more to keep his crap in.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Why not just build a small house with a big ass garage?🙄

That's what we are doing.

The combination of High Cost Metal Building with High Rent isn't going to get anybody to wanna trailer there boats 20 miles to launch. I think if they were renting the units at $699 with no purchase cost they would probably get people to rent there. Have they sold any units yet?

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
That’s over $7,000 a year lease fee, plus the purchase cost of $159,000 That’s a ton of dough for not owning the land and no launch ramp....

I would rather own a shit box and make $7,000 Worth of improvements to it Each year!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
might be worth while to have 5-8 overnight camp sites on it. Store your boat and spend the night!

There is a very large parcel near the Bill Williams (100+ acres) thst Trent is trying to get me to go partners on..

I can’t figure out how it would make any $ on it.. but camp sites and on site accommodations has been kicked around

sintax

Reaction score
i'm a little confused i guess, is there goal to get people to stay there, or is it storage? I've driven by it a hundred times and couldn't quite figure out what their end game was, and this only makes it more confusing. The $600 a mo lease makes this a total non-starter in my eyes. Youre looking at ~$1300 a month between lease and finance (assuming you're not paying cash). At that point, why not just buy a house in town?

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I’m thinking about buying some commercial land and throwing up a steel building with bays / air / electric / water and renting them out. “Rdp storage”.
Probably need to add fire sprinklers to your list of utilities.. ;)

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Sounds like Bullshit and I only read the first line WTF

LowRiver2

Reaction score
i'm a little confused i guess, is there goal to get people to stay there, or is it storage? I've driven by it a hundred times and couldn't quite figure out what their end game was, and this only makes it more confusing. The $600 a mo lease makes this a total non-starter in my eyes. Youre looking at ~$1300 a month between lease and finance (assuming you're not paying cash). At that point, why not just buy a house in town?

The only thing I can figure is snowbirds that want to stay in their RV with space/garage, and then come and go as they please. After looking at homes the last couple years, have seen a lot of Canadians paying big money on snow bird homes and the like. I don’t think these were intended for so cal river rats

gqchris

Reaction score
The only thing I can figure is snowbirds that want to stay in their RV with space/garage, and then come and go as they please. After looking at homes the last couple years, have seen a lot of Canadians paying big money on snow bird homes and the like. I don’t think these were intended for so cal river rats

Yea but they are marketing them to us Rats which is the confusing part. They arent all nice and fluffy like those RV pads we see. They are pushing this as a toy barn and touting that you can ride off into BLM land out your backdoor. Im just as confused as everyone is thats for sure.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Yea but they are marketing them to us Rats which is the confusing part. They arent all nice and fluffy like those RV pads we see. They are pushing this as a toy barn and touting that you can ride off into BLM land out your backdoor. Im just as confused as everyone is thats for sure.
I’ve always wanted a 18x70’ storage Unit with One bed/bath/ loft, kitchenette attached. I’m guessing the zoning is too tough to approve. I’d think $200k with HOA of 4-500 annual for upkeep would get a lot of buyers, but I must be missing. Something because it’s rarely happened.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

That Riverbound deal is an answer to a question no one asked. $160K plus $600/month plus utilities is a house payment in Havasu for a basic house with a non RV but boat deep garage. Oh yea, and an air conditioned house is attached to the garage!

If it was over by the Airport or Wal-Mart I think it could do better. The $599/month thing kills it.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
That Riverbound deal is an answer to a question no one asked. $160K plus $600/month plus utilities is a house payment in Havasu for a basic house with a non RV but boat deep garage. Oh yea, and an air conditioned house is attached to the garage!

If it was over by the Airport or Wal-Mart I think it could do better. The $599/month thing kills it.

Yepp....that is the cost of our house we bought last year.

sintax

Reaction score
I’ve always wanted a 18x70’ storage Unit with One bed/bath/ loft, kitchenette attached. I’m guessing the zoning is too tough to approve. I’d think $200k with HOA of 4-500 annual for upkeep would get a lot of buyers, but I must be missing. Something because it’s rarely happened.

see thats a totally different proposition, and would actually be attractive (assuming it was a LITTLE closer into town)

dezrtracer

Reaction score
There is a very large parcel near the Bill Williams (100+ acres) thst Trent is trying to get me to go partners on..

I can’t figure out how it would make any $ on it.. but camp sites and on site accommodations has been kicked around
Deb and I have been kicking this idea around for quite awhile .

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
This is a weird deal. I have stayed at a cool luxury motor home park in Palm Desert that had a casita and private pool on each pad with golf course etc. It was awesome setup since I was dragged to Stage Coach one year it kind of worked. But this concept I do not get. The last place I want to hang out is at a storage unit when in Havasu. It sounds like a bad time and not a good deal $. I have had my home in LHC for close to 20 years. If you go out there a lot it makes sense to have a fully operational home there.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
It looks like a bunch of shipping containers sitting there, weird concept due to the location, makes you wonder what the market research process was that convinced the investors it was a good idea.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It looks like a bunch of shipping containers sitting there, weird concept due to the location, makes you wonder what the market research process was that convinced the investors it was a good idea.

The focus group they used was the meth heads that live in the cars and busses a mile away in the desert.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
This is a weird deal. I have stayed at a cool luxury motor home park in Palm Desert that had a casita and private pool on each pad with golf course etc. It was awesome setup since I was dragged to Stage Coach one year it kind of worked. But this concept I do not get. The last place I want to hang out is at a storage unit when in Havasu. It sounds like a bad time and not a good deal $. I have had my home in LHC for close to 20 years. If you go out there a lot it makes sense to have a fully operational home there.

I agree with you. I think this could work as a “community” type deal closer to town. Storage shed and a pad next to it for a mobile home, Community pool, and clubhouse.

If you can get people into an RV garage/storage/ and house for a ~$300k price point with an islander community “feel” I think there is a market, just not at that location.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

How would you use that? Would you just pile the family in the loft, or just use the loft for yourself?

LowRiver2

Reaction score
How would you use that? Would you just pile the family in the loft, or just use the loft for yourself?
Kids in loft, Wife and I in bedroom
Truck/ boat hooked up inside A/C storage, extra points for drain inside garage to wash down boat

Could even have higher HOA to have community pool/clubhouse
I’d envision the living area on a second story above garage but engineers could figure out best design.
Add in some form of contract that owners can’t run a biz out of it and the units can’t be rented out or used for normal (crap) storage

I’m just spitballing it.
I think there is a market for small family’s that want less Than a home for a permanent vacation spot, but a full garage/storage for their toys unlike condos.
It really hasn’t been done so maybe the research proves me wrong in terms of demand.
There was a small business building complex in Orange that used to allow owners live in the business buildings.
Brea has one area with this but designed for salons, small businesses with small garages. Living quarters above the shops.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Kids in loft, Wife and I in bedroom
Truck/ boat hooked up inside A/C storage, extra points for drain inside garage to wash down boat

Could even have higher HOA to have community pool/clubhouse
I’d envision the living area on a second story above garage but engineers could figure out best design.
Add in some form of contract that owners can’t run a biz out of it and the units can’t be rented out or used for normal (crap) storage

I’m just spitballing it.
I think there is a market for small family’s that want less Than a home for a permanent vacation spot, but a full garage/storage for their toys unlike condos.
It really hasn’t been done so maybe the research proves me wrong in terms of demand.
There was a small business building complex in Orange that used to allow owners live in the business buildings.
Brea has one area with this but designed for salons, small businesses with small garages. Living quarters above the shops.

I get it now, like a 2 story living quarters in the back of the the storage unit. I think on top might make it too tall, but I have no idea on the specific height laws.

I think that could work for the right price. I think the all in payment has to be under what a $300K house would be if we are talking about having it in a "community".

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I get it now, like a 2 story living quarters in the back of the the storage unit. I think on top might make it too tall, but I have no idea on the specific height laws.

I think that could work for the right price. I think the all in payment has to be under what a $300K house would be if we are talking about having it in a "community".

Agreed

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Someone did something similar
To what I was posting about:
Interesting to see how they do:
$400k Ad:

Digital images to show floor plans and finished product! This BRAND NEW home is ideal for snowbirds or vacationers! HUGE 22 wide by 51 deep double RV garage below luxury living quarters! Amazing lake views, centrally located in Havasu, and BRAND NEW! 2 beds / 2 baths tons of natural light and all upscale finishing! Worried about stairs? Don't worry, elevator ready! Completion date 11/2020

46ADF9C6-8BB6-4BFF-8334-E4018AB02BBB.jpeg
ED1BFC61-8638-420F-926A-74B7CE3D01F1.jpeg
29248B8E-649C-438B-A02B-945DC3D853CB.jpeg
D1EA239D-185F-4EA1-8117-ABEED7985E0F.jpeg
3AA998AB-17D0-4500-B3C6-9038229BFA90.jpeg
AA82AA56-72EE-4284-AAA9-FDAD6BA32351.jpeg

jet496

Reaction score
I’m thinking about buying some commercial land and throwing up a steel building with bays / air / electric / water and renting them out. “Rdp storage”.
I think you're on to something. Have a boat detailing company with their own spot inside the storage complex.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
$400k Ad:

Digital images to show floor plans and finished product! This BRAND NEW home is ideal for snowbirds or vacationers! HUGE 22 wide by 51 deep double RV garage below luxury living quarters! Amazing lake views, centrally located in Havasu, and BRAND NEW! 2 beds / 2 baths tons of natural light and all upscale finishing! Worried about stairs? Don't worry, elevator ready! Completion date 11/2020

View attachment 923991 View attachment 923992 View attachment 923993 View attachment 923994 View attachment 923995 View attachment 923996
Are those Computer images or actual units built in Havasu? I had heard these were being built but then heard they got shut down for some reason maybe they got restarted I don’t know just curious if you knew.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Are those Computer images or actual units built in Havasu? I had heard these were being built but then heard they got shut down for some reason maybe they got restarted I don’t know just curious if you knew.
It was posted a day or so ago on a Havasu sales post on FB
I kept the agent’s name off of the ad.
Appears it’s a go.
There were comments about height restrictions of 15’ but the agent said that doesn’t apply to all of havasu(?).

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Appears it’s a go.
There were comments about height restrictions of 15’ but the agent said that doesn’t apply to all of havasu(?).
If I get out and about today maybe I’ll drive by where I think they were being built. I know the developer has a bunch of tiny house kind of deals going all over town.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Call Stacy 928-706-4200

Last edited by a moderator:

Singleton

Reaction score
$400k Ad:

View attachment 923991 View attachment 923992 View attachment 923993 View attachment 923994 View attachment 923995 View attachment 923996

@RiverDiva - any info you can share when you have time. These look like a good vacation home. Then again the Islander will be hard to leave.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Appears it’s a go.
I think you’re correct about the height restriction might have been the issue. I swung by and got a couple of photos looks like they’re going again. The one in the middle looks about done, and there’s one or two vacant lots to the north of them that may be possibly developed the same I do not know.
18E7430A-8A3D-4BA6-9554-92472989E55F.jpeg
154277E0-EE9A-4290-8007-A1A447657064.jpeg
03D9301E-44B7-4858-8E7F-2E2BF8D5AE71.jpeg
95344C5E-54DE-4CCC-8D01-6521DFF7438A.jpeg

LowRiver2

Reaction score

Nordie

Reaction score
Not sure about zoning, but this is a cool concept that they have done here in Vegas. I could see it working in Havasu. Summer boaters could park their toys, and snowbirds can park their rvs in the winter.

just_floatin

Reaction score
We looked at these units early in the process of building last summer. Great location and a bit of a lake view. Deal breaker was the electric power lines running in proximity to the balcony and the apartments below. We did not want to deal with the city on relocating the power wire and were not sure on the elevator maintenance cost. If we lived here full time we may have pulled the trigger. Great concept.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I drove by them today..

Talk about running out of dirt in Havasu. IT’s cool
That they are tall, but we are building beach houses with no beach now?

RD